+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Does the thought really count?

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

Does the thought really count?

I was talking with my friends today during lunch. One of them was making a happy birthday card by hand. He didnt even colour it. And all of us are like saying dude you know that the girl u're giving it to will slap you and hate you for being cheap. He argues that it's the thought that counts. I helped out by writing a poem for the card and stuff.

Anyways my question to you is this, does the thought really count? or does the value of the gift count? I want honest answers here!! i dun want any of that "of coz it does count" none of that. I want plaiun and simple answers abt this!

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Does the thought really count?

Sometimes it counts but it depends on how hard and the time you put into the idea that you created, I mean if you took the time and tried hard then yea but otherwise no... thats just a excuse.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i think it does count becuase there are alot of easy ways to give a gift but to make it by hand shows you care enough to take time out of your day just for them, yea most people think its cheesy but something from you go'es along way in the long run for letitng them knoew you care enough to make them something when you could have just baought a gift or even a card
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice View Post
    i think it does count becuase there are alot of easy ways to give a gift but to make it by hand shows you care enough to take time out of your day just for them, yea most people think its cheesy but something from you go'es along way in the long run for letitng them knoew you care enough to make them something when you could have just baought a gift or even a card
    You are so correct . My parents ony give me money for my b-days, because my lil brother brthday is like a week before mine !!

:O I think thought is the Best! It shows you Care!!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

While it usually does make a difference, sometimes "the thought" just isn't enough.

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

i know...i mean like my friend was like actually making it and i asked wen u did start making tht. he said since like an hour ago....so yea it really was kinda jus a basic hand drawn card which to be honest i would be like O_O if i was the girl reviecing it. but i guess it does in some way

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

the thought DOES count. In your example, the boy making the card didnt put alot of thought into it. Just because he was making the card doesnt mean that its being thoughtful. Yes, he shouldve colored it, because its thoughtful. While the poem inside was thoughtful, he shouldve made it more thoughtful by coloring it, etc.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

it's not so much the thought... but the time and the emotion in whatever you're giving...

-not just talking about your friend-but generally-
    a hand drawn card can be one of the sweetest and one of the worst things to give... if it's drawn from the heart (even if it's poorly done), any girl worth her breasts should love it... however... if the love isn't there, neither is the thought...

-being completely honest- a lot of my favorite gifts from Soshi have been drawings he's given me... there's one i love so much that i planning to put it on a sweatshirt... in fact, almost all the drawings he gave me i put on the door of my room so i could see them whenever i want...

^_^ but that's just me...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast