+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Does the thought really count?

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Does the thought really count?

I hate the fact that so many people can come on a forum and can easily say "I'm not material, anything hand made would win me over, it's the thought that counts" etc.

You go out in real life, meet real women and realise, wow- everyone is so not like this.

Sure, you can be textbook and say it's the thought that counts, but that's definately not the case the majority of the time.

Keep in mind, this girl he's talking about is not you, so you can't speak for her.
    First of all, Arrianna IS a real woman. As her husband, I know that better then anyone. Second, it amazes me that anyone in this thread can doubt that it is the thought that matters. Look at all the ladies in this thread that has said so.

So, if I can talk to the guys serioulsy for a moment. IF you are going to go down the gift giving path and really want it to be 'the thought that counts' then you MUST do one thing:

You must discover what your significant other LIKES. This is very important. I'd say that this is really the most important thing. And I'm not talking about material things. It's the material things that show you listen and are really shopping for HER. Now, every woman is diffrent so you have to figure out what YOUR woman likes. And asking her family WON'T give you the answer you need.

Personally, I go for the "Big Wow" gifts for Christmas and her birthday...depending on finances ofcourse. Those are not ".50 cent twizzlers" occasions.

But, with the exception of Anniverseries and Valentines day, the small ticket items really are the best. Nothing says "i love you" more then the fresh cut (insert favorite flower here), or the homeade gift card...or yes, the .50 bag of twizzlers. it shows that you are really thinking about her and care.

That's pretty much it. Woman want to know you care. Gifts let her know that. But since each woman is diffrent, the gift you give one woman will not please another...and that's why you listen.

Newbie like2play may be famous one day like2play may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yes the thought does count, but sometimes for it to count the thought needs to be there, if he had thought about he would have colored it in and made it prettier for the girl he was giving it to.

Otaku darkflames may be famous one day darkflames may be famous one day darkflames's Avatar
    Thanks

Nope a value of a gift does not count as long as it comes from the heart. If you made it special.. it does not matter.. cause your worked to make it.. for that perosn.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vassago View Post
    I flamed
    Vassago, your replies have gotten me quite interested. Perhaps you have some personal experiences you can share with us to further this discussion??
    Last edited by Hassun; Oct 21, 2006 at 02:21 PM.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie Vassago may be famous one day Vassago may be famous one day Vassago's Avatar
    Thanks

I was out of line, and it was unjustified.

That much is obvious.
    I gave my heart.
    My blood.

Nothing is forever.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6