+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Doin' Nothin'

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Doin' Nothin'

So I love my parents, I really and truly do. But they have what I consider to be one of the most annoying habits, calling me and asking a hundred questions about what I'm doing at the moment:

Dad: So what are you doing?
    gren: Nothing.
    Dad: Watching TV?
    gren: No.
    Dad: Reading?
    Dad: Getting ready to go out?
    Dad: So what are you doing?
    gren: Just what I said...nothing.

And the point...does every moment of your life need to be filled with "doing"? Are there moments when you just like to lie back, stare at the ceiling, and just think? Or maybe even the thinking is too much of something, maybe you like to just enjoy the quiet around you and veg out? Does anyone love the calm of absolutely nothing as much as I do?

Do we always have to "do", is it okay to just "be"?
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Doin' Nothin'

Yeah I like to relax and meditate. I like just go into a zen state and my mom whines and tells me what to do. My nephew is a spoiled brat that insists of me playing his annoying games. So I put a door plastic on my knob so they can't go in and start ordering me around. It's way too annoying. I'm trying to relax and then I'm called lazy. Geez. Can't anyone give me a break?

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I love the calm of doing nothing. And I think it's alright to just 'be'. Considering some of our busy lives, taking time out and just sitting and doing nothing can be refreshing.

But when you think deeper into it - are we ever doing nothing? Because isn't doing nothing - doing something? (if that just made any sense)

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

i have that "doing" thing every time i just lie on my bed and look at the pics i stuck up on my ceiling, nothing. doing nothing is calm, quiet if your house/apartment is empty and give you time to think about somthing if you want
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Before answering your question gren, I got two suggestions: A caller ID or just making something up to tell your folks.

Back to the topic, I'm going to go the other way and say it's best to always be "doing" something, even if it's something like sitting back and pondering. There's nothing wrong with just "be", but honestly how many good years do you have in this world. A person has only about 30-40 good years, and it be a shame to vege out and regret it later when you can no longer do a lot of things.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku BrokenLover101 is off to a good start BrokenLover101's Avatar
    Somewhere where only simplicity can take me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    And the point...does every moment of your life need to be filled with "doing"? Are there moments when you just like to lie back, stare at the ceiling, and just think? Or maybe even the thinking is too much of something, maybe you like to just enjoy the quiet around you and veg out? Does anyone love the calm of absolutely nothing as much as I do?
    I hate to get technical but well... that's still doing something. No matter what you do your always doing something...
    X.x.X The only thing I'll ever want... X.x.X

X.x.X Is for you to love me the way I love you.. X.x.X

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Well O.o No I always am doing something, even if I secide to go out and lie in the grass or something (celing is far too boring to stare at) I either think intensely or write a story or something. Even when I go to sleep, I'm always thinking, daydreaming intensely. I don't think there is such a moment when I'm really not doing anything. I can't even lie on the beach and just sunbath!!!

But of course it is cool sometimes to just relax, but not for me I guess, I need to at least be thinking hard...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

You are always doing something even if you think you ain't. The fact that you think you are doing nothing shows that you are in fact doing something not physical, but mental.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast