+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Doin' Nothin'

Otaku Cinlilly is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Doin' Nothin'

Deep, man. That's all I have to say, really. XD I think you worded that perfectly.

Doing nothing is my forte, I can let my mind wander. You can call me a thinker or you can say I'm easily entertained. P: Doing nothing usually means I'm bored and that leads to lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling with music in the background.

It's wrong to always be doing something, anyway. Later in life, that's all you'll be up to, just doing things. You won't have the time like you do now to just sit and do nothing.

I say take it up now before the time is gone.

ಥ__ಥ

Otaku Kazaf is off to a good start
    Thanks

The word nothing nowadays means something.
    It's just like asking someone "What's wrong?" and then they'll say "Nothing." When in fact there is something.

In this case..."Nothing" just means "I'm just being." Sometimes it could mean that you just don't think it's important enough to classify it as anything but "Nothing".

I am quickly reminded of The Neverending Story and THE NOTHING haha.

This post probably made no sense Lol

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    And the point...does every moment of your life need to be filled with "doing"? Are there moments when you just like to lie back, stare at the ceiling, and just think? Or maybe even the thinking is too much of something, maybe you like to just enjoy the quiet around you and veg out? Does anyone love the calm of absolutely nothing as much as I do?

Do we always have to "do", is it okay to just "be"?
    The staring at the ceiling part made me laugh prpbably more than it should of since I was actually just doing that before I go onto the computer... anyway .. I don't think that there is anything wrong with doing nothing at all. I usually call it observing things around you, it sounds better. Plus if you don't take a step back and actually look at things around you then you will miss alot that life really has to offer...

Newbie Angel of Darkness is off to a good start Angel of Darkness's Avatar
    The damp darkness of the forest's heartwoods
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    But when you think deeper into it - are we ever doing nothing? Because isn't doing nothing - doing something? (if that just made any sense)
    Yeah, that's a nifty little word twist there. I enjoy just 'being' because it relaxes that cramped feeling in my brain from all that 'doing'.
    Tears are the feelings that a heart can no longer hold.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

To all who've mentioned it, true, even when you're doing "nothing", you're doing something...thinking, meditating, relaxing, etc; to really do absolutely nothing at all you'd have to be dead or unconscious. I suppose the real question is do you feel the need to be constantly occupied with actual activities: watching TV, reading, being out and about or anything that requires your mind and senses to focus on something rather than just wander aimlessly?

@Legend - lol, I do have Caller ID, but in my family it's a mortal sin not to answer for my parents (they have the spare key to my place, if I don't answer I risk them showing up out of worry and driving me nuts in person. XD). Usually if I want to avoid a game of 20 questions I just say I'm on the internet, which is mostly true since my computer is almost always on.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    And the point...does every moment of your life need to be filled with "doing"? Are there moments when you just like to lie back, stare at the ceiling, and just think? Or maybe even the thinking is too much of something, maybe you like to just enjoy the quiet around you and veg out? Does anyone love the calm of absolutely nothing as much as I do?

Do we always have to "do", is it okay to just "be"?
    Strictly speaking though, those are "doing" things as well. It appears that what we do is inseparable from who we are. It's either we're doing something, or we're doing something else. Even to not actively "do" something, or inactivity, is in a sense "doing" in that we are either resting, waiting, or concentrating on an idea, probably on the notion of nothingness. Or, in your case, probably a combination of any of these.

Is it good to get away from it all from time to time to relax and contemplate things, though? Absolutely. It's good. It's necessary. Even your doctor would recommend it.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Otaku Adarrah may be famous one day Adarrah may be famous one day Adarrah's Avatar
    Thanks
    *frown* Huh? I daydream when I have nothing else to do. Uh... I think the difference between me and you is that I look outside and stare at the sunset until it's dark- I don't remember staring at the ceiling always(maybe when I'm lying on my sisters bed, very seldom). But I don't have the time for that lately. But again, yes, I like quiet place at certain times(depending). Parents asking questions- I feel like it's a routine at home lol at evening- "Piano again?"/ "Yes."- "No homework?"/"I don't have one."- "What are you doing?"/ "What else, running away from home." Hahah not funny... *sigh* I know it's not good to say something like that, but sometimes I got fed up answering all the question shot at me. My house is not quiet at all unless everyone is out or when we're asleep. Mmn... What to say,.. My older sister's mad at me if I say 'nothing'- she'd ask me Maths(how can you say that's not annoying yourself? Hello, I'm at home, no teacher- I never want to have one at home +.+) questions until she's satisfied. *smile* I think doing nothing is just to relax the mind *nod nod* yeah - but I won't have that when my sisters are around ^_^" ... Hey, sometimes when it's uh noisy, I kind of spaced out 'cuz there's nothing to do- just listening and relaxing... It's like ignoring the ppl around lol
    Hmn... When I think of it again, everyone likes to have that moment- like you for example. Because it's just natural(?), I'm just making a guess *smile* ....
    Last edited by Adarrah; Jun 05, 2008 at 02:50 AM.

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

Well if you mean doin nothing is when you are not busy at work or doing something with your folks....well i am usually doing something either just go to the beach and write or draw. or just walk on the shore. or just be beside my kid watching him play xbox.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast