+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Doin' Nothin'

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Doin' Nothin'

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixSara View Post
    Well if you mean doin nothing is when you are not busy at work or doing something with your folks....well i am usually doing something either just go to the beach and write or draw. or just walk on the shore. or just be beside my kid watching him play xbox.
    Ah, I envy you. You live close to a beach, I don't (I used to). My idea of "doing nothing" is taking long walks at the nearby university, or browsing through books in bookstores and libraries. Or hanging out with buddies.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Newbie tentacle king is off to a good start
    Thanks

I feel thine pain, gute sir. In fact, I had the same problem, up until mom's divorce(she moved in with me afterward) now I have worse problems.
    I recommend just turning off the phone, or telling them to stfu. both work, and you can always make up later.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Agh, Gren they're just checking on you. It's a typical parent thing to do. They want to keep tabs on you even after you've built up your own life.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

I know, and I do appreciate the fact that they care enough to want to know if I'm happy and sufficiently entertained; that's always better than parents who don't give a crap what their children are up to. I suppose it's just that even where my family is concerned I'm generally a private person...information is only given on a need to know basis and anything I don't feel like discussing is withheld entirely. So any extended line of questioning starts to feel like an intrusion.

I think too, for some people it's hard to fathom the idea of just sitting and being alone with your thoughts for a length of time. They seem to be worried that I'm unhappily introverted, and I don't know if they'd understand that I genuinely like my time removed from the rest of the world and all its distractions.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    I think too, for some people it's hard to fathom the idea of just sitting and being alone with your thoughts for a length of time. They seem to be worried that I'm unhappily introverted, and I don't know if they'd understand that I genuinely like my time removed from the rest of the world and all its distractions.
    Some people are just occasionally extroverted and sometimes they just need time alone by themselves locked from the world. Too bad for you, the term introverted is linked to all the bad stuff. Unfortunately, you can't really tell them you're fine without sounding like "please leave me alone"

Perhaps a few pictures of "their little angel" being wild to mommy and daddy could help. Jokes aside, the spare key thing is pretty weird.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

Well i used to be stuck in the school dorm and doing nothing didn't apply or that i was busy with school work now that i can hit the beach os spend tmie with my son well doin nothin really depends i guess on one's definition. And Gren at some point in time i think our parents drove us crazy or near insanity at some point in our lives so i understand that part.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Otaku mere is off to a good start mere's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that it is ok to be doing nothing .. i love the calm and the quietness.. it brings me at ease. People think i send to much time thinking actualy.... many people that have seen me thinking intensely think i am quite strange... i like to zone out into my toughts and relax... not worrying about what is going on around me..or what's hapening in the world...it is much funner to just be

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3