+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Don't worry its not you, he's just got yellow fever

Otaku Evol may be famous one day Evol may be famous one day Evol's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink Don't worry its not you, he's just got yellow fever

3. Yellow Fever

Sexual obsession felt by a non-asian (Usually white, usually male) towards asians of the opposite gender. Symptoms of yellow fever include stalking, halfhearted attempts to learn Japanese/Mandarin/Cantonese/Korean and whacking off to Sailor Moon video's.

And I should know.

Wow, have you seen that Yumi Hasagawa? she's so hot!

Calm down man, you've got a dose of yellow fever.
    Source: Urban Dictionary: yellow fever

the other descriptions are probably more interesting/ funny but this one sort of stuck out.

yellow/ bamboo fever, saigon headache...granted, these silly terms are years old but for some reason me and my friend got into it tonight about this very issue. fueled by the fact that he was being a drunk belligerent douche :P I have nothing against a non-asian guy being into asian women, hell I'm a product of one. Its when a wapanese/ japanophile/ asiaphiliac takes it to another weird obsessive level that I start to raise an eyebrow.

To be fair I suppose its all relative to the situation, people involved, proximity to asian communities, etc. I've even seen "yellow fever" first hand, knowing a guy who tried to learn Korean for the sole purpose of getting it on with one of my female Korean friends ^^;

I'm aware that the chat with my buddy only scratches the surface so lets hear your opinion.

How do you feel about this phenomenon?

note: there are much better sources to read up about "asiaphilia" and the objectification of asian people. you could start here: Asian fetish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

for the record, "whatever floats your boat" ...and yes, we half asians are as totally awesome as you've heard :P mixed babehs FTW!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Evol For This Useful Post:

Lasura (Dec 16, 2007)

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Don't worry its not you, he's just got yellow fever

Grumble Grumble Grumble

but if you look just a little bit further past in history, you have this phenomena...
    Yellow Peril (sometimes Yellow Terror) was a color metaphor for race that originated in the late nineteenth century with immigration of Chinese laborers to various Western countries, notably the United States, and later to the Japanese during the mid 20th century due to Japanese military expansion. The term refers to the skin color of East Asians, and the belief that the mass immigration of Asians threatened white wages and standards of living.
    Yellow Peril - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

umm... wow! len is really taking nearly everything into consideration... wikipedia sure is helpful huh? go len...

hmm... i thought yellow fever was when you turn really yellow, including your eyes, ans have a very high fever... it's rare because t's cause by a virus of some sort right? hah... i don't really know, but that's how i remember yellow fever to be... or maybe it's just me?
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

Yellow fever hun?? Its Good to know that! i had once I guess, but it was just i fase!

Otaku Evol may be famous one day Evol may be famous one day Evol's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    hmm... i thought yellow fever was when you turn really yellow, including your eyes, ans have a very high fever... it's rare because t's cause by a virus of some sort right? hah... i don't really know, but that's how i remember yellow fever to be... or maybe it's just me?
    haha wow, I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not. I hope it is. then again its 4:39 am and I'm a little loopy.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

WoW! ^^ lol I didn't know of such a term! Thank you for that!!!!

But I thought it's real sickness too.. but I might be wrong... hmmm... "Dzeltenais drudzis" (straight translation of yellow fever to latvian)- I've deffinetely heard about that as a serious disease... And here it is:
    Yellow fever - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, about your variant of yellow fever... I think that is very possible, a lot of white guys like asian women for sure.. .and I must say I understand why- they are ussually cute and short, and nice... I wouldn't wonder if some people on Anime POnline has yellow fever too. I don't think it's such a bad thing- no one fights about taste- everyone can like different kind of pople, otherways all fatter woman would be veeery lonely etc. ^^

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

I never knew that yellow fever could be used like that...

Me? I go with, "Whatever floats your boat, as long as it isn't hurting anyone."
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

lol, i cant belive so many people haven't hear this term before...and on the side of sickness, the only time someone goes off and turns yellow is when the liver is dead and the kidneys are failing...then you turn yellow and most likely will die...but yeah i have friends deep in yellow fever, learning japanese and korean...I myself am mainly chinese...but hey, spread the genetic seed...and for some reason they do may beautiful babies, hell my neice and nephew are half and half...and they are cute as hell...im all for it...and if someone likes the other so much that they learn as much as they can about it cool, but if they just want some tail thats shallow as hell...btw anyone rememeber Waynes world...funny bit o yellow fever in that movie...
    Don't Panic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast