+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Don't you hate it when someone acts like someone they're not..?

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Don't you hate it when someone acts like someone they're not..?

It gets on my last nervs.
    I had this problem last year.
    One girl wuldfolow this other girl
    aound and when the first girl becam
    depressed the second one would too.
    They ould go from emo to preppy ten
    back to emo then to slutty and then back
    agin. And tesecond girl like followd the
    first girl around like alost puppy.
    Then they would figt.
    So yeh very anoyying since I got pulled into it.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't say I hate people that don't act like themselves, I would be hating myself then. I haven't acted like myself in public for about 5 years now. To tell the truth I'm not acting like myself on here either, but thats because everyone here is new to me and I to them.

If your just trying to make it through the day its a lot easier to act the way that rubs everyone the right way (my robot form).
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    I believe what's worse than an unsure person, is a person who's not a person at all.

Do I hate it when someone acts like someone they're not?
    Nah, I've seen worse.

I've seen a person who isn't even himself because he doesn't have a "real self" yet, and henceforth, he leeches off of everyone, getting their traits and thinking he's always been like that... truth is, he hasn't grown up at all, so he really doesn't have a "self" to be secure with.

As for someone who acts like who they're really not... well, that depends.
    ^_^ Afterall, for most of my life, I've tricked people into thinking who I was...
    It wasn't because I didn't know who I was.
    It wasn't because I was a people-pleaser (Captain Obvious).
    It wasn't because I wanted to be "cool" and get attention.

o_o Honestly, it's cuz I was insecure and had no confidence in myself. If you grew up most of your childhood with people hating you for who you were, you wouldn't think too great about yourself either. So my whole "someone I'm not"-act was just my defense system.

H-o-n-e-s-t-l-y, I believe what's worse than those who act like someone they're not, ARE THE PEOPLE WHO ARE THE VICTIMS OF IT!
    >_O If you can't tell who your best friend or friend or semi-friend or even enemy truly is, then you might as well say you're one big SUCKER.

The idea of believing someone is truly something you think they are...
    ...that's called lying to yourself, ladies and gentleman.

It's also called assumption.
    (And I hate dangerous assumers)

-_- At least believe that personality is only word-and-action-deep, people.
    The mind can hold many secrets.
    I agree with u. People change in the course of their lives, that's how people find out who they truly are. I've been there myself, insecure of who I was and where my life was heading. I even got lost a few times. It's all 'bout growin' up and maturing. And ur right 'bout assumptions, people should never assume anything. People make mistakes over the course of their lives and people get hurt sometimes over those same mistakes. But that's all apart of growing and maturing, Menarie, the only advice I can give is jus' move on with ur life. There will be other friends and some will betray u, but that doesn' mean u should give up on making more or sulk 'bout it (not that I'm sayin' u r). Keep the faith and move on.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea... I do hate when people act like someone who they are not... I really hate it and I know I'm not the only one- people like that might seem popular but ussually noone thinks very high of them after all...
    In every class I come there's someone like that... and every time they're like the coolest ones but at the same time- they're usually gossiped about and stuff... only few like people who are playing to be someone really cool...

Also- about people who try to change themselves...
    I too try to change some things about me, like being shy, acting stupid, being jelous and other stuff. I don't think thatwhat I'm doing is wrong, I just try to change the bad things in me, I understand when people do this, though it's sometimes really painful to see people changing like that...
    One of my friends just went through the changing faze... I haven't seen her for months now- that's what those changes brought, she found new friends- girls who she is better off with her new personality- that's painfull, but that's life- she figured out that you can't win in this world by being nice and lovely I guess...

The wors is when people try to change their style to get into one or another class, to become cooler by drssing into emo clothes and so on.. it's just anoying!!! Someone comes one day and looks like a metalist, although she/he doesn't listen to metal... it's readicilous!!! You're making a fool of yourslef come on!!!

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Newbie Menarie is off to a good start Menarie's Avatar
    Thanks

A couple of misunderstandings here..
    It's not tht I hate changes..
    I don't are about changes at all..
    It's just I don't like how some people just change there whole lives just to be in some group..
    -.-
    My old friend went from herself to a prep..
    Then about a couple of weeks she went emo..
    She even cut herself a little saying tht she was soo depressed and whatever..
    When she had no troubles or problems..
    No emotionally, physically, or mentally problems or anything..
    Her family was ok..
    Nothing at all..
    Then she went rocker..
    And then I stopped hanging out with her Cause she was becoming a person tht I could care less about..
    Hehe..
    She invited me to her birthday and I told her no because I had another party to go to that was more important..
    She didn't reply..
    x]
    She changed through a whole bunch of stuff just to fit in..
    .Piko&Cookies.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Menarie View Post
    A couple of misunderstandings here..
    It's not tht I hate changes..
    I don't are about changes at all..
    It's just I don't like how some people just change there whole lives just to be in some group..
    -.-
    My old friend went from herself to a prep..
    Then about a couple of weeks she went emo..
    She even cut herself a little saying tht she was soo depressed and whatever..
    When she had no troubles or problems..
    No emotionally, physically, or mentally problems or anything..
    Her family was ok..
    Nothing at all..
    Then she went rocker..
    And then I stopped hanging out with her Cause she was becoming a person tht I could care less about..
    Hehe..
    She invited me to her birthday and I told her no because I had another party to go to that was more important..
    She didn't reply..
    x]
    She changed through a whole bunch of stuff just to fit in..
    That goes back to what I was sayin, ur friend right now is goin' through a transition. It seems to me that she doesn' really know who she is, so she's tryin' to discover herself. It almost like tryin' on new clothes, tryin' ta see what u look good in. (Not the greatest of analogies, but hey... I tryin' here.) I think u need ta have a little more patience and try ta stick by her through it. It'll show her that u're a true friend and it'll help her finally discover who she truly is.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Newbie Menarie is off to a good start Menarie's Avatar
    Thanks

Ehehe..
    One problem with tht..
    It's just tht I wasn't really all tht close to her..
    It was my other friend who was close to her..
    I barely knew her..
    It just kind of bother me..
    .Piko&Cookies.

Newbie Yippy123 may be famous one day Yippy123 may be famous one day Yippy123's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Menarie View Post
    I hate it when some people act like something they're not just for a group or to be in some click..Or when they try to change themselves for the stupidest reasons..Tht bothers me so much..I lost a friend cause of tht stupid reason..She was really confused about her life big time..And she lost two friends cause of it..
    Yes i had the same case about a year ago! My friend completely changed to an idiot. The way he acted and trying to act all cool just to fit in a a popular group!!! Grrr we were good friends aswell ;_; but i guess some people are just insecure and dont cherish the friends that care for them. We're ok now but not as close as before :/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast