+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The dreaded "I Love you"

Newbie SoulxXxStar is off to a good start SoulxXxStar's Avatar
    Thanks

Unhappy The dreaded "I Love you"

Ok hi everybody i have a love question. Alright im in a relationship alot like the one that NevesElocin made a thread about called 'Should you stay in a loveless relationship?'. Basicly I have been going out w/this guy for a while now, and i dont really have feelings for him anymore becuz ive relized that we just dont have enough in common. But he still is completely in love w/me, and ive felt like this for a while now and im going to breakup w/him in the next week or so. But he tlks to me everyday on the phone and before he hangs up he always says "i love you"..... so my question is if someone says 'that' to you and you dont feel the same how would you respond??? I dont want to not say it back cause it sounds so mean, but when i breakup w/him i dont want him to be complety shocked, becuz the day before he said "i love you" and i just mimicked it back. Plz tell me what you would do in my situation because i really dont want to hurt him.
    Think of people as a blank canvase, and by the actions of their hearts, draw in what they look like through unclouded eyes.
    ~ SoulxXxStar

The Listener Stealin` Home Champion awesomeparty12 may be famous one day awesomeparty12's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The dreaded "I Love you"

ok i think i can help you i have been thruogh two relationships like that and well it might hurt him but you need to be honest to him and to yourself i know it might be hard but thats what makes life livable anyway just tell him how you feel i am sure he will understand ok
    i cry inside for life anew i die each time im torn in two i live for earth and die for none along comes a god who will always bring peace and tranquility

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, I deffinatly know what you're going through lol...^^'

Okay, well, the best thing to do is let him down gently. Say something like 'I think this is best for my hapiness and yours if we seperate, after all, you do want me happy, right?' and what he says in response depends on his own personality. But if he's head over heels with you, I'd just do what I just said.

Good luck! ^^

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Newbie Lestat Uchiha is off to a good start Lestat Uchiha's Avatar
    Thanks

haha, ive been there before...like Akura said, just lightly break up. dont be dramatic, or anything, and dont get too pissed, just as peacefully as possible
    Mushroom Cloud Laying MotherFudger

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...Ezekiel 25:17

Newbie Vandread_Dita may be famous one day Vandread_Dita may be famous one day Vandread_Dita's Avatar
    Thanks

you know, the longer you wait, the more he is going to fall head over heels for you. if you don't want to hurt him, tell him now before you get in too deep.
    Last edited by Vandread_Dita; Oct 15, 2008 at 02:47 AM. Reason: i goofeded up
    touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable, raw raw fight the powah

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Just like what every one has said and most likely those who are going to say after me... Just end it, it's going to make things much more difficult with each passing day if you don't. Let him know that you have been feeling this way for a while and you stuck around to see if the feelings you had for him would come back but didn't. Which is from what I am getting is why you stayed in it for so long even after knowing you lost the feelings for him. Just be up front with him, and don't get up set if he get angry as it's never an easy thing to deal with. See if it's alright to be really good friends, how ever don't say that because you already dropped a bomb shell on him and he doesn’t need another one. Give it time and then come back to him, or if he proposes to being just friends right when you break up with him well then give him your answer.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

I can say i have been there since i wanted to get past the hurt i felt when I lost someone. and all I can say is you will be hurting the person more if you keep saying you will stay with himi and say i love you back and don't mean it. Say thank you and talk to this person and explain that you don't feel the same but want to be friends.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow...somebody quoted me...cool. To stay in a relationship

with someone you don't care for isn't good for anyone. Just look at the relies to my

thread and its unanimous. But if you don't love him back you shouldn't lead him on. But

for those of us who are/were afraid to take the plunge and say it that first time it can

be a challenge. But if the feelings are true then you should go ahead and say it. It

takes a giant load off. But if you don't have feelings for someone, don't bother lying to

them and leading them on.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast