+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The dreaded "I Love you"

Otaku Animal Keeper Champion, RefleX v1.2 Champion CBtay01 is off to a good start CBtay01's Avatar
    California.. when on Vacation under ur bed
    Thanks

Re: The dreaded "I Love you"

I went thru the same situation and i belive one way to do the hard jobs like that are to just be sinsear and make sure that if you still careabout the guy/girl you tell them that you still care and you just don't feel like having any more than a friendship and if all else fails tell them that you can still hang out or not

Quote Originally Posted by SoulxXxStar View Post
    Ok hi everybody i have a love question. Alright im in a relationship alot like the one that NevesElocin made a thread about called 'Should you stay in a loveless relationship?'. Basicly I have been going out w/this guy for a while now, and i dont really have feelings for him anymore becuz ive relized that we just dont have enough in common. But he still is completely in love w/me, and ive felt like this for a while now and im going to breakup w/him in the next week or so. But he tlks to me everyday on the phone and before he hangs up he always says "i love you"..... so my question is if someone says 'that' to you and you dont feel the same how would you respond??? I dont want to not say it back cause it sounds so mean, but when i breakup w/him i dont want him to be complety shocked, becuz the day before he said "i love you" and i just mimicked it back. Plz tell me what you would do in my situation because i really dont want to hurt him.

Otaku MisMelS may be famous one day MisMelS may be famous one day MisMelS's Avatar
    In a world where I can't be hurt anymore....
    Thanks

That is quite a problem. I actually recently had an experience liek that. My boyfriend of a little over 3 months dumped me last week saying "I don't know what love is, so I don't know what it feels like. I only know I don't feel it for you." However, up to that point he didn't have any problem saying "I love you" to me. In fact, he said it to me first! So, here's my advice - if you don't have feelings for him anymore, you need to let him know, but do it in a gentle manner. Good luck!!

THANK YOU SASURAIHELL!!! YOU ROCK!!!!

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

If he can't tell when you aren't saying the truth, then he doesn't really know you well enough to say the dreaded "I love you". How could he say he loves you when he can't even read you? Before saying empty words just tell him not to go so fast and get to know people first before saying things he'll regret. There are certain words you should say (I love you, Will you marry me?) when you really really know a person already. If he is saying those three words when in your mind you want to dump him, it just means he's the insensitive type that has to be told you have no feelings for him instead of being the kind of fella who knows what you're going through, and has the telepathy (from knowing you like the back of his hand) to see you don't feel comfortable with him and being sensitive about it. If it is still hard to talk to him, then relationship isn't at the level of intimacy it should be in for you to feel open so it is hard to talk to him. If two people are really tight they could finish each others sentences. If it is not like that with him, I don't blame you for not having feelings for him. It may seem mean to say you want to end it with him, but actually it is reasonable to end an artificial relationship where words have no real meaning.

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

well no one can answer that for u but i think u should really think about it and think about do u really love him? and if u still dont think u love him u should just tell him about it

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Though question actually... if for him I love you means something...
    Those three words have become so meaningless that they are in our everyday language... I think you shouldn't say them unless you mean what you say. If you don't feel anything for him it is unfair for him to make him think you feel something by staying with him. It is only fair to be honest in a realtionship ^_^
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

Ive been there and for me, sometimes it was a shock, and that really disappointed me because it was to early for that, and it sounded like he thought i was expecting it. Others well........ he was a great boyfriend and i loved him as much as he loved me even though we were considered to "young" to know what love is.

it depends really if he actually means them, or if he says them because thats what he thinks hes has to do for some reason. Love is a hard emotion to handle, and many times people become confused about it, and use it in a "because" moition.

however, i dont know this guy. If you feel you have no real connection to him, then its better to just end it and not just let him be the only one that feel that way. so if you have doubts about your relationship and do want to end it, its best to do it face to face and done the way you want to do it. Theres no easy way to get around it, and not be ackward.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2