+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Driving Experiences

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Driving Experiences

Hello all,

i've decided to create this thread for fellow AO'er to talk about personal driving experiences. i myself have not been driving for long, less that a yr now, however in this one yr i have had 2 car accidents. both of which weren't my fault but both times the ppl tried to take advantage of my and do a runner.

so this is my question, how long have u've been driving and also what has been some of the most bizarre and reckless driving u have seen at the wheel or have seen as a passenger?

also what has been the worst accident u have been involved in?..

hoping to see some interesting replies.

Devoted Otaku Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Driving Experiences

Well... Alot off my friends drives really reckless those time i've been with them. That one time where we almost chrashed, was when my mother was driving and was looking on something on a field, wich apparently was more fascinating than the road

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

ok i havent drivin a car but a gocart many a time lol
    i forgot were the brakes were and i when right over a sand pile haha { that was fun} and then i when and crashed into a bush .....lol im werid

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I've been driving a year and a half and had one sorta major crash. Well it was major enough to get on the news, pesky media XD. Some one decided avoid a giveway sign and pull out in front of me, on a highway, while I was doing 100k's an hour. The worst part about is that she told the police that it was my fault, I think she was trying to use my 'inexperiance' to get into the right. I was just lucky that I had heaps of witnesses that saw everything.

Wasn't a pleasant experiance, but it hasn't detered me from driving.

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Ah, the stupid, dumb people & their driving machines...

I've seen many example of bad driving, even though I've never actually gotten past my L's, the first stage of driving Down Under. I haven't been behind the wheel, & yet I'm sure I'm a better driver than many people out there. I guess it helps I did an advanced driving course when i first started learning. It's not because I'm a bad driver that I don't have a licance, it's a case of every time I try to get it back up & running, some life changing event kicks it right out the window. Mystery ailments, red tape, even family deaths have hampered my driving advancement.

Some of the stuff I've seen is rather unnerving though. Once I was on a public transport bus, going to pick up my sister, when some old guy drove our way along a side road, slowed, then drove out right in front of us. He just kept driving, as if nothing was coming down the road. Problem was, our bus was where he tried to put his car. All the driver could do was try to swerve, not that it helped. Thankfully the old guy wasn't going fast, because he ended up under our bus. There was no injuries, but the old guy was shaken up, having this bus come out from nowhere.

Driving is one place where it's most evident what is the problem with common sense. The problem with common sense is that it isn't that common!!!

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I've had my drivers license for about 6 years now, and when I first started driving, I was a highly defensive driver, just like how my driving instruction class in high school taught me.

How ever, a year ago, I moved to Calgary, which is a major city compared to where I used to live (A military base out in the sticks of Manitoba). I learned very quickly that a defensive driver didn't get where they wanted to go very quickly, so now I drive very offensively.

but yeah, I've seen some pretty stupid drivers, and I've seen my share of car accidents and fenderbenders since Ive moved to calgary, but you want to know what I see more then stupid drivers: Stupid pedestrians and bicyclists. I don't know how many times I've had to slam on my brakes cause some stupid high school student decided to J-walk to catch the transit bus on the other side of the street, or how a bike messenger swerved in front of me in the Downtown core.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

my dad taught me how to drive a little in a church parking lot at like 11pm (he picked me up there after a day with Soshi)... it was kinda intimidating cuz it was a small area and the LA river was right next to us (AKA a long, deep pit until the rainy season comes...)

apparently i man-handle the car too much so it kept making wierd sounds...

=_= parking is hard...

^_^ that's why i like taking the bus!

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I have had some crazy driving experiences both as a driver and a passenger.

The most recent one was when my mom and I were heading to Santa Fe to get something to eat. Well, Santa Fe is in a busy part of town and the guy apparently wanted to get on the freeway. Instead of taking the right way, though, he tried going up the exit ramp. You can't imagine how many brakes were squealing because of this guy. He almost ran into a big, white Ford truck. The guy ended up pulling off the road and it took him forever to get turned around.

Then there was one that happened with my Dad and let me tell you that he is not one of the most cautious drivers. He was trying to get on the highway but he went down the wrong way. Can you imagine it? Tons of cars coming at you all at once. It was so scary and I don't think I had ever heard so many car horns.

The craziest thing to happen to me while I was driving though happened when I was leaving work and headed for home. I went up Highway 35 and ran into this huge wreck. It was surrounded by 5 to 7 police cars and they were arresting this guy that was dressed only in his underwear. Now, I was pretty rattled because it was the first wreck I had ever run into while driving (I've only been driving half a year). So I just wanted to get the heck out of there. Well, for some reason, none of the policemen at the site were directing the traffic (Why? I will never know). So I decided to make a 3-point turn and went back down 35. One of the policemen at the site thought that my turning around was suspicious so he had one of his buddies pull me over. He questioned me like I was suspected of some kind of felony, too. (Maybe he had something against girls driving Camaros??) But he let me go after questioning me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast