+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Driving Experiences

Otaku Silvertoekee may be famous one day Silvertoekee may be famous one day Silvertoekee's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Driving Experiences

I have been driving for about 13 years now and I have seen alot.

One time while turning into a mall parking lot I was hit by an oncoming car because I couldn't see them because of other traffic. lucky it was a minor scratch on the bumper and both of us were alright.

Ooo and LA people can't drive. I have almost been in several accidents out here on the 405 freeway because people either don't use a signal and cut into your lane last minute. I have seen several accidents when its rains and someone thought they were speed racer sigh.

And another time I was behind a drunk driver while coming back from Austin in Texas. The guy was weaving all over the place and I couldn't pass him so slow driving all the way home. Lucky he didn't hit any on coming traffic.

The worse is cell phone people who don't pay attention when driving and almost run over anyone in the way. Can we say don't use the phone while driving or go buy a head piece sheesh.

Otaku halo3master may be famous one day halo3master may be famous one day halo3master's Avatar
    Thanks

worst driver ive ever see was this women putting make up in her suv while on the phone she drove into my house and tried to say it my fault becuase im walking down the sidewalk filming someone skate. Then the police almost bought it if it wernt for my video camera. Now she has to pay off a new house.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priestess Angel View Post
    Well, I have had some crazy driving experiences both as a driver and a passenger.

The most recent one was when my mom and I were heading to Santa Fe to get something to eat. Well, Santa Fe is in a busy part of town and the guy apparently wanted to get on the freeway. Instead of taking the right way, though, he tried going up the exit ramp. You can't imagine how many brakes were squealing because of this guy. He almost ran into a big, white Ford truck. The guy ended up pulling off the road and it took him forever to get turned around.

Then there was one that happened with my Dad and let me tell you that he is not one of the most cautious drivers. He was trying to get on the highway but he went down the wrong way. Can you imagine it? Tons of cars coming at you all at once. It was so scary and I don't think I had ever heard so many car horns.

The craziest thing to happen to me while I was driving though happened when I was leaving work and headed for home. I went up Highway 35 and ran into this huge wreck. It was surrounded by 5 to 7 police cars and they were arresting this guy that was dressed only in his underwear. Now, I was pretty rattled because it was the first wreck I had ever run into while driving (I've only been driving half a year). So I just wanted to get the heck out of there. Well, for some reason, none of the policemen at the site were directing the traffic (Why? I will never know). So I decided to make a 3-point turn and went back down 35. One of the policemen at the site thought that my turning around was suspicious so he had one of his buddies pull me over. He questioned me like I was suspected of some kind of felony, too. (Maybe he had something against girls driving Camaros??) But he let me go after questioning me.
    LoL I've done something similar to that. I was driving someplace I've never been to before and the turnoff came earlier than I expected. So I slammed on my brakes and pull into the space before the turnoff. It was a small turnoff so my car was sticking out so I didn't have to wait for someone nice enough to let my pass.

I did the same thing sorta. I walked into the parking lot and got in my car and I noticed something. The police were doing car checks in a mexican neighborhood. I drove to the other side of the parking lot where there were no police checks and drove off. I checked my mirrors to see if they noticed what I did and they didn't send anyone after me.

I always look 3 blocks ahead of me while I'm driving in the city. If I see that cars are stopped suddenly and police cars are ahead. I'll take a detour. I'm black and I drive my parent's car and the police will likely say that I stole it.

I've been driving for two years now and I haven't gotten into any accidents or got any tickets. I'm black so I have to be extra careful and not give the police any excuse to mess with me.

Otaku halo3master may be famous one day halo3master may be famous one day halo3master's Avatar
    Thanks

i got my first speeding ticket with my permit. the police didnt know that i have adult friends so its all good he says i doing 92 in a 75 limit zone or something like that

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dude101 View Post
    Hello all,

i've decided to create this thread for fellow AO'er to talk about personal driving experiences. i myself have not been driving for long, less that a yr now, however in this one yr i have had 2 car accidents. both of which weren't my fault but both times the ppl tried to take advantage of my and do a runner.

so this is my question, how long have u've been driving and also what has been some of the most bizarre and reckless driving u have seen at the wheel or have seen as a passenger?

also what has been the worst accident u have been involved in?..

hoping to see some interesting replies.
    Man, everytime I hear the words "car accident", I'm reminded of when I was living in Wisconsin with my younger sister. We fought for about an hour over who would drive the car. Finally we agreed that she'd drive to the halfway point, then we'd switch seats.

Well, we get in the car, and we're drivin' along the narrow road that guides us away from our house (or trailer if you wanna call it that) to the highway. Our windows are wide open, and photos of my nephew--her son--and other important people start flyin' outta the window. My sister's all like, "Save the pictures!!" So I'm frantically snatchin' pics outta the air, when my sister looks DEAD AT ME WHILE BEHIND THE WHEEL AND IN MOTION and says, "Where's that pic of Jemel?" I tell her I don't know, and that's when i noticed that she wasn't payin' attention to the road AT ALL!!

We were on the left hand side of the road; in a god-damn ditch!! I scream at my sister, "Shanna, hit the brakes!!!" She panics and punches on the gas! We go from 45 MPH to a horrifying 80 MPH in a narrow ass ditch! We hit a patch of grass or dirt or somethin', and went flyin' abou five feet high and 15 feet across--only to hit one of those big ass power generators, or whatever you call 'em.

As soon as we hit that big bastard, sparks shot up from under the car and we flipped over! Everything moved in bullet-time once we flipped. Unfortunately, I--nor my sister--wasn't buckled up, so the car went spinning in one direction, and I in the other! We landed in a pine tree that broke and dropped us, seconds after crashing into it. I got out the car screamin' at my sister to do the same, only to find her frozen in the driver's seat; upside down! Finally she snaps out of it and scurries out. Mind you, the trees next to our car were on fire upon exiting the vehicle!!

It was the scariest thing ever!!! I'm glad that both of us made it alive and unharmed. There's like eight different ways we could've died, the cops said.
    Last edited by atomik_sprout; Jun 15, 2007 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Doo-doo? Who says doo-doo?

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been driving one thing or another since before geting my permit...so far i've been hit once and hit someone once...luckly nothing but a few bruises from the seat belt...when i got nailed, i got kinda T-boned by some lady doing like 40 down a narrow residental street...completely missed the shiny red stop sign and turned my moms Tarus into a trike...left the back right tire in the street, along with my strut...and other various, Needed car parts. luckly for me it totaled her raidator, im sure she would have tried to leave...but a cop was up the street and heard the accident, i got a nice ambulance ride to the hospital where they confirmed that i had a bright red bruise where my seat belt used to be...i already knew that by the way. now that happened about 2 years after i got my drivers license. the second happened early this year...All my fault, just wasnt thinking, heading to work like i always do and someone turned suddenly into a mall. i was not so lucky in slowing down and punted his car into the parking lot...my poor camry was totaled...i managed to hit his car with my grill and radiator and engine...completely missed my stupid bumper, cause his car was already half outa the street...sucks but hey, I'm fully covered...no injuries, just my pride...
    as for accidents i've seen, the worse was outside my work, a drunk driver in a huge Benz S500 came down the main street pulling at least 65-70mph and nailed a plumbing van crossing the street in the rear axle...tore the whole rearend off the van, spun it like a top. pipes everywhere. the car rolled to a stop a few meters away..they never even hit his brakes all you heard was a huge BOOM...some witnesses took his keys, the guy was trying to restart what was left of his benz, the vans axle hit opposing traffic and landed on part of the sidewalk...took them hours to clear the crash site, and 3 tow trucks, one for the benz, one for the van, and one for the parts that got riped outa the van...like the rear end...that was a nasty hit if i ever saw one. btw the speed was confirmed by a witness who was trying to chase down the benz...he was in the middle of trying to call the cops when it hit the van.
    Don't Panic

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, sadly enough i was in a driving accident (though it wasn't my fault) considering im one of the most safest drivers around. Someone rear-ended my car while i was completely stationary waiting for someone two cars in front of me to turn left. The person who ran into me was goin about 40 miles an hour and so when i got hit i was bumped forward and hit the car in front of me which then that car gave a scratch to the car in front of his, my car got screwed over =/...none the less everyone was alright and there were no major injuries. I too have been driving for less than a year and i do tend to get road rage whenever someones driving 10 miles under speed limit (which by the way happens on occasion around where i live) but its not like i go completely ballistic, i jus get the mindset that i need to go 5 miles over to catch up on lost time trailing behind someone else

Otaku Pogo Panic Champion North Dakota may be famous one day North Dakota may be famous one day North Dakota's Avatar
    Thanks

I'v been driving for about a week now and I found that drunk people are scary to be around, I was behind this one drunk person and i had called the police. well when the police got their the driver was going from 30 mph to 60 mph well I stayed behind the cop car and as the driver slowed down the cop took the car out and made it go out of controol. One other time that was scary I wasn't paying attention I looked up and I was on the left side of the road. and a semi truck was coming dead on. that was scary as heck. just tells you not to drive drunk or tired. ^_^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast