+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Drug Usage

Otaku BrokenLover101 is off to a good start BrokenLover101's Avatar
    Somewhere where only simplicity can take me
    Thanks

Drug Usage

I know that most of the kids in our school do drugs and I don't think it's right. However it's their life. I was wondering what the point in doing drugs is... There is no reason for it and it's probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard of doing? All it does is mess up your life so I would like to know what you guys thought of people doing drugs, mainly minors, but everyone as well.

Okay.. here's a conversation that me and Jessica, a friend of mine at my school, had this morning(started passing notes at this point)..

Me: "and he got high with you? Why?"

Her: "Just because."

Me:"Well what about James(her youngest brother)? Why didn't he tell on you and Mikey(her other brother, the middle child)?

Her:"He was asleep and he didn't know about it."

Me:"It's only a matter of time before your mother finds out what your doing and you'll get in trouble. You shouldn't be doing it anyway."

Her:"No she won't. No one was home but me and the boys. Mikey buys it so he won't tell."

Me:"How does he get it? Who does he get it from?"

Her:"He buys it with the money he earns for doing something. He gets it from his friends. Duh."

Me:"How do his friends get it? What are you all smoking anyway? Crack? Pot? What?"

Her:"I don't know how his friends get it and were smoking weed. That's it."

Me:"Why in the ----- are you guys smoking weed?!"

Her:"Because we want to, I guess."

Me:"What kind of answer is that?!?! What's the ----- point in smoking it?!"

Her:"To have fun."

Me:"So you think it's okay? What if James was doing it, what would you say? What if it was me?"

Her:"Give me some."

She is Seventeen. Mikey is 13 or 14 and James is 10. She is allowing her brother to do this and wouldn't do anything if James was doing it too! It's her life and i get that but promoting it isn't good.. What are your thoughts on this?
    X.x.X The only thing I'll ever want... X.x.X

X.x.X Is for you to love me the way I love you.. X.x.X

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Drug Usage

Ehh, I know how you feel. But weed virtually isn't as bad as you think, still letting a 13 or 14 year old do it bugs me. However, I can't complain I've been curious myself, yet it was only weed which I had a disliking for. This actually reminds me of my friend, he was a drug abuser. He told me of his adventures with Weed, Heroine, Ecstasy, acid. honestly the way HE described it, made it seem so interesting. I asked him the same thing: "Why?"

His answer: "to be with pleasure, feel genuine happiness, relieve stress."

I also do have a friend who is a drug abuser. Like honestly, when he talks it's instant you know.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted ā€” nevermore!"

Newbie Young Wolf is off to a good start Young Wolf's Avatar
    Thanks

i smoke because of the different state of mind i get when high
    i will smoke 1-2 times a month just for fun but thats it
    the main reason i smoke is stated above and in my religion(rasta) it is used in rituals for meditation and spiritual awareness
    fear me
    i am lycan other kin

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenLover101 View Post
    She is Seventeen. Mikey is 13 or 14 and James is 10. She is allowing her brother to do this and wouldn't do anything if James was doing it too! It's her life and i get that but promoting it isn't good.. What are your thoughts on this?
    I think the attitude of "it's their life" should be utterly and completely denounced. If you actually care about someone you will take a stand and do what is best for them not just stand by while they self destruct and watch from the sidelines. Or in other words I would tell her to cut it out and then let her parents know. Think about it, her older brother got her using and she has no problem getting her younger brother to use. That isn't a "it's their life" but an influence spreading. Their parents have the right to know about what their children, that they are responsible for, are doing before her younger brother is given any as well.

I also can't help but think of friends of mine who ruined their lives with that crap including one that ended up being hospitalized and in restraints after a week long bing sent her into a psychotic episode. Hind sight may be 20/20 but your friend doesn't have that advantage right now. If you care about her you need to do what you think is best whether she likes it or not.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

ketaro (Apr 14, 2008)

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

hummm well a person can begin to use drugs for many reasons. Before I would say: anyone using drugs is very stupid... however... I have come to the conclusion that most of the drug users have deeper reasons than "just curiosity" for using it. Many people find it "the only" way to get out of their tough reality. I am not saying it is the best decision ever whatsoever... but behing its usage there is a deeper reason and I think we should be digging a little deeper... maybe we could reduce its usage... just maybe...
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Otaku BrokenLover101 is off to a good start BrokenLover101's Avatar
    Somewhere where only simplicity can take me
    Thanks

I do care about them and I have tried to talk some since into her. Her father is the one who allows in his house. He buys them the alcohol when they decide to get drunk to... but anyway. I wan't to tell her mother because she deserves to know but at the same time. It's not my place to tell her. If it was I would have told her already. That and how many parents actually know what is going on in their child's life? And you see, that's just it. He's the one getting it for her and him. So they are like.. in it together but I could just see James waking up one day and walking into that and them getting him to do it too so that they can't get in trouble for it by him. I see your point. I do but in the end.. I just don't think it's my place...
    X.x.X The only thing I'll ever want... X.x.X

X.x.X Is for you to love me the way I love you.. X.x.X

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenLover101 View Post
    I do care about them and I have tried to talk some since into her. Her father is the one who allows in his house. He buys them the alcohol when they decide to get drunk to... but anyway. I wan't to tell her mother because she deserves to know but at the same time. It's not my place to tell her. If it was I would have told her already. That and how many parents actually know what is going on in their child's life? And you see, that's just it. He's the one getting it for her and him. So they are like.. in it together but I could just see James waking up one day and walking into that and them getting him to do it too so that they can't get in trouble for it by him. I see your point. I do but in the end.. I just don't think it's my place...
    You're her friend and you obviously care and think it's wrong. How is it NOT your place? I say it is. Let them know, the sooner the better I say.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted ā€” nevermore!"

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

honestly, i myself dont see doing a lesser drug like weed once or twice as wrong. some people are just curious. i myself have never smoked the stuff before, but i cant condemn those that do, so long as its not eroding their life away.

now, that said, i also cand condone young people, especially under the age of 15, doing the stuff. now, im not naive- i was that age a cuple years ago and know people still do it. however, that doesnt make it right. just like how ive seen 6th graders smoking cigarrettes.

Jamie, they may be your friends, but you really do need to tell them that they should wait to do things that could change their life until they are older, or something. im not saying be an annoying person like on those wretched STAND commercials, but make shure your opinion is heard.

good luck.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast