+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 44

Thread: Drug Usage

  1. #9
    Newbie Young Wolf is off to a good start Young Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: Drug Usage

    my dad knows i smoke ganja nd drink every once in a while but he doesnt care as long as he knows where i am
    fear me
    i am lycan other kin

  2. #10
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: Drug Usage

    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenLover101 View Post
    That and how many parents actually know what is going on in their child's life?
    How will they find out if you keep it a secret? You are making excuses because you don't want to not because you shouldn't. Aleister Sithis is right, the sooner the better. After all if you don't tell her mother it will be your fault if something happens you could have prevented instead of her mothers. It's hard, I know, but sometimes you just have to be ready to do what is right and just accept the consequences. Better then living with the consequences of not doing anything at all and dealing with the guilt for the rest of your life.

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

  3. #11
    Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Realm of Dark Illusions
    Posts
    1,372
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 46 Times in 43 Posts

    Re: Drug Usage

    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenLover101 View Post
    I know that most of the kids in our school do drugs and I don't think it's right. However it's their life. I was wondering what the point in doing drugs is... There is no reason for it and it's probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard of doing? All it does is mess up your life so I would like to know what you guys thought of people doing drugs, mainly minors, but everyone as well.

    Okay.. here's a conversation that me and Jessica, a friend of mine at my school, had this morning(started passing notes at this point)..


    Me: "and he got high with you? Why?"

    Her: "Just because."

    Me:"Well what about James(her youngest brother)? Why didn't he tell on you and Mikey(her other brother, the middle child)?

    Her:"He was asleep and he didn't know about it."

    Me:"It's only a matter of time before your mother finds out what your doing and you'll get in trouble. You shouldn't be doing it anyway."

    Her:"No she won't. No one was home but me and the boys. Mikey buys it so he won't tell."

    Me:"How does he get it? Who does he get it from?"

    Her:"He buys it with the money he earns for doing something. He gets it from his friends. Duh."

    Me:"How do his friends get it? What are you all smoking anyway? Crack? Pot? What?"

    Her:"I don't know how his friends get it and were smoking weed. That's it."

    Me:"Why in the ----- are you guys smoking weed?!"

    Her:"Because we want to, I guess."

    Me:"What kind of answer is that?!?! What's the ----- point in smoking it?!"

    Her:"To have fun."

    Me:"So you think it's okay? What if James was doing it, what would you say? What if it was me?"

    Her:"Give me some."



    She is Seventeen. Mikey is 13 or 14 and James is 10. She is allowing her brother to do this and wouldn't do anything if James was doing it too! It's her life and i get that but promoting it isn't good.. What are your thoughts on this?

    Duh! what kind of person this friend of yours is?! anyway it's her life she'll be the one lamenting later for her deeds ... and i can't really understand the point of doing drugs .. it's just the same issue as smoking .. i keep telling off some of my friends but he always tends to smoke more ...
    an example of mine:
    Me : "why do you like smoking that much though you know that'll hurt you very badly in the future?"
    My Friend : "i don't know why i just like to do so ..."
    duh! ,speak of idiocy!
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

  4. #12
    Otaku BrokenLover101 is off to a good start BrokenLover101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Somewhere where only simplicity can take me
    Posts
    294
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 34 Times in 32 Posts

    Re: Drug Usage

    … I’m not making excuses. I have already told her mother for your information.. But this isn’t a topic of whether or not I have good judgment. It’s a topic about people, mainly minors, using drugs and your opinion on it. And to be perfectly honest with you it wouldn’t be my fault because it was her fault for using the drugs in the first place. I didn’t force her to do it and I’ve already tried to get her to stop; however, I would feel guilty for the rest of my life because I could have put a stop to it. Not because it was my fault, because it isn’t.
    X.x.X The only thing I'll ever want... X.x.X

    X.x.X Is for you to love me the way I love you.. X.x.X

  5. #13
    Newbie Young Wolf is off to a good start Young Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: Drug Usage

    its nice that you try to look after your freinds but i learned that it is best not to try
    i had a freind who was addicted to cokaine and when i tried to confront him about it it only made it worse and i was probably hurt more than him (not pyhsically)
    so trying to help people who dont want to be helped can end up hurting you even more
    but i do respect you at least trying
    fear me
    i am lycan other kin

  6. #14
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: Drug Usage

    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenLover101 View Post
    I wan't to tell her mother because she deserves to know but at the same time. It's not my place to tell her. If it was I would have told her already.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenLover101 View Post
    … I’m not making excuses. I have already told her mother for your information..
    Then you have been very proactive in the last few days.

    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenLover101 View Post
    But this isn’t a topic of whether or not I have good judgment. It’s a topic about people, mainly minors, using drugs and your opinion on it.
    ...and that is my opinion on it. First you tell them to cut it out, then you tell whoever their guardian is or another responsible adult that will do something about it. If you don't and they get someone else to join them in it (like a younger brother), start pushing the stuff themselves, or something happens to them physically because of their "habit" then you are also responsible for what happened as much as your friend is. It's called being negligent and I promise you the guilt of knowing you could have done something and didn't will stay with you your entire life.

    What could happen?
    Car accident
    Psychotic episode
    Poisoning from tainted drugs
    or even moving to alcoholism or to harder drugs. Yeah not everyone does but about half the people I knew who smoked marijuana in school did. Those aren't good odds.

    Early marijuana use increases risk of drug and alcohol problems later in life
    Some 46 percent reported that they later abused or became dependent upon marijuana, and 43 percent had become alcohol dependent.

    The early marijuana users also used other drugs at higher rates, including cocaine and other stimulants (48 percent) heroin and other opioids (14 percent) and hallucinogens (35 percent).
    (Early being younger then 17.)


    Doing drugs is stupid no matter what your age but to do them while your body is still developing both physically and physiologically is it's own special brand of stupidity.

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

  7. #15
    Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    you really do not want to know
    Posts
    525
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 49 Times in 47 Posts

    Re: Drug Usage

    Drugs and alcohol kill the pain of an ordinary mundane life; they destroy the physical and emotional pain by changing the addict's perception of reality. Drugs and alcohol make the drug addict or alcoholic numb to the pain, unhappiness, pr hopelessness that their life has become. A common definition of addiction is, "the loss of control and compulsive use of mind-altering chemicals coupled with the inability to stop the use of the fact that such use is causing problems with one's life. Addiction can be physical and/or psychological dependence of a chemical substance. I am sorry to say that i know a lot of people who are dependent on drug usage and believe me I have tries everything. But friends help in my opinion an never be enough. they need to seek some real professional help because even though friends do everything in their power to help....most of the time...it is not enough
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

  8. #16
    Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    386
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts

    Re: Drug Usage

    well as for one... i don't really like the thought of people doing drugs... i don't really think its supposed to be that muc of a big deal if adults do it, but shildren still in school should refrain from actually taking the shit that people call drugs... i mean, it is bad for the body one you get addicted to it.... no matter how you put it, drugs are harmful to the health.

    to add... i believe that people can survive even in the abscence of shabu, weed and the the like. i mean, a lot of people are actually better off without it.

    just think about it. how many families have been broken because of drugs, how many lives have been andangered because of drugs, how many identities have been ruined because f drugs... its just not the right thing to be ingesting and taking into your body... it's just not right to be introducing it to minors who are actually involved in severe peer pressure where they are pushed to believe that to be in, the need weed...

    i dn't know... i hope the people responsible for this hole in society would at least have an ounce of concience in them to realize that the money they gain is from the destruction of people...
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

    crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ki usage in Anime
    By Young Wolf in forum Anime
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Apr 10, 2008, 11:13 AM
  2. legal drug
    By levitatinganimelover in forum Manga General Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Dec 21, 2007, 03:05 PM
  3. Paradise is one drug away {4/24}
    By Spin Da Ish in forum POTW (Poem of the Week)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Apr 25, 2007, 04:51 AM
  4. The Drug Dealer
    By Peach_follows in forum Poems
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Mar 23, 2007, 03:09 PM
  5. Best Music Usage in an Anime
    By Jet Black in forum Sensory Pleasures
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 08, 2006, 01:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts