+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Earth Hour..YAY..turn off your lights ~.^

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Earth Hour..YAY..turn off your lights ~.^

I followed the instructions of the hockey commentators on CBC, and left all the lights off, but kept the TV going. They showed a small clip of all the lights going out in Toronto, so that was pretty neat, although they left them all on in the Air Canada Centre so everyone could watch the game.

Newbie wiccachick5 is off to a good start wiccachick5's Avatar
    Thanks

lol, i really do not have lights on at any time, because i do not live in a house, mind you i think that everyday people should have their lights out, or when they leave for school or work, because just turning out your light isn't everything you can do, there are alot of other options to help our environment
    My love for you was strong, it hurts to carry on, without you by my side, i now have to go hide!

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmyloser View Post
    Because it was on google does not really mean it's fake.
    I don't think Mr. Miyata was saying Earth Hour was fake... Only that it probably wouldn't help as much as making a quote, "significant impact on energy savings, reducing green house gas emissions, [and] reducing the drain on your own wallet".
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

my school made a huge deal out of this day.....we decorated the hallways and we had heated discussions in classrooms and there were even rallies and stuff like that..
    and I do not understand why are people in this country are making such a big deal out of it..back in my home land which is Russia we had a day that was similar to Earth day 3 days a month where the whole community gathered to help clean the streets and gather the trash and talk about making the world cleaner and safer without using the earth natural resources and things like that....
    do not get me wring...i am all for that..but I do not think that one day can make such a big difference..
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

ok firstly i apologise, i have never heard of this and probablly didn't do anyhting on that day you claim as earth saving, no one warned me about it, so was it worldwide? i hear you say Google helped advitise it, but seriously what fat man is gonna take the time to get off his ass to turn of his ps2 he's been playing on all day?
    People are so selfish these days it's incredibly scary, they have no consiounce and just live life as a selfish humanbeing, if they have no family why stop electricty they don't care about the world, even after your attempts it's only words they can't force you unless they take physcial and mental action. I myself would have done this but never knew about it, maybe next year huh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2