+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eating habit problem...

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Re: Eating habit problem...

This should really be in the cyber lounge as it isn't related to movies, music and TV.

~Moving~
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Well i learned one thing from watching the biggest loser, and its this. You need to eat in the mourning to get your blood sugar and metabolism going. If you skip meals like breakfast your body goes into shut down and your metabolism goes way down which cause you to retain weight. So if you want to lose weight you have to eat to power yourself up. You may not like it at first because your not use to it, but that will change over time.

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Well i learned one thing from watching the biggest loser, and its this. You need to eat in the mourning to get your blood sugar and metabolism going. If you skip meals like breakfast your body goes into shut down and your metabolism goes way down which cause you to retain weight. So if you want to lose weight you have to eat to power yourself up. You may not like it at first because your not use to it, but that will change over time.
    yeah also not only the diet side to it but you must excersise and never get into this postion again once you get out of it...Because if oyur body is going into starvation it eats you muscle which is even worse. Always aim high!

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

thanks guys im gonna have to put this into practice and make it work

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    This are my 7 steps that I have followed since I was in 8th grade I think..my old martial arts instructor gave me these 7 tips because I had the same problem as you did Equinn...I was not eating enough and skipping meals and he noticed that I was not performing my best in the class and I hope this helps you get back on track...^^

1. Stop kicking yourself. If you're mad at yourself for falling off the diet wagon, forgive yourself. You're only doing what comes naturally to a starving body. Your body knows what it needs, and will sabotage your stringent diets to keep you alive. Your body doesn't know you've been trying to stick to a strict diet: it knows that you're somehow trying to survive a famine. It's helped you as much as possible by reducing your energy, slowing your metabolism and sending you tremendous hunger signals. Once the famine (diet) ends, your body tries to hedge its bets against the next famine by gaining weight faster. Praise your body! Stop fighting it with harsh diets.

2. Do a little, not a lot. By cutting 500 calories per day for a week, you will have lost 3,500 calories, one pound a week—a nice, natural weight loss that won't freak out your metabolism. A good, brisk walk each day can cut out 250 calories, and skipping dessert (but not breakfast) can do the rest. Go slow and gentle: don't try to lose a lot of weight at once. Experiment with what you're willing to let go of: the grande latte you usually enjoy at 10 AM; the buttery movie popcorn that's become a nightly habit. Target foods you don't especially love and stop eating them.

3. Don't skip meals. In fact, eat more meals! Yes, please have breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also have two or three snacks each day to keep your blood sugar at consistent levels and avoid drastic hunger in between meals. Snack on real food—yogurt, fruit, veggies or some tuna fish. Concentrate on the delicious flavors—the sweet bitterness of a carrot, the spicy crispness of an apple. If you're dying for a sweet, try Quaker's toffee butter flavored rice cakes: they are decadently delicious, made of whole grains, and 60 calories apiece, so you can eat three without guilt.

4. Learn what's "hungry". Distinguish between actual, physiological hunger that occurs every three or four hours and feelings of sadness, guilt or depression that makes you crave comfort. If you eat from emotion, not hunger, try this experiment: assign yourself a "comfort food" like celery or almonds, and only eat that food when you're feeling emotional, not hungry. Isolate the emotion, feed it with healthy food: you're satisfying your "hunger" and telling your body you care.

5. Rate your hunger. Ask yourself, "how hungry am I on a scale of 0 to 10?" 0 means you're starving—woe to anyone who gets between you and the fridge! 10 means you're so stuffed you can't eat another bite—you might explode! Eat when your hunger falls somewhere between 4 and 8; but stop eating when you feel you've reached 7 or 8.

6. Love your food! Don't give up chocolate, or anything you really love. If you know you're really pigging out on one particular food, experiment with cutting down on it by substituting something similar but better for you. But don't give it up! Food is one of life's pleasures.

7. Love your self. We often demonize our bodies. People say, "I hate my thighs" or "my abs are so gross". You would never judge another person based on the size of her thighs: why judge yourself that way? Take time to appreciate your body, and compliment it. Talk to your body—thank your feet and legs for carrying you all over the world, praise your heart for its strong, healthy beat.
    Excellent points and if you follow them they will work.

All I have to add is that when you are trying to get started on something like that it is essential to set a schedule and stick to it. You MUST have 3 meals a day to get back on track. Set yourself a time to eat each one and then eat a reasonable proportion whether you feel like it or not. By the end of two weeks your body should be used to it again and you can start regulating how much by how hungry you are as suggested. It's the same with the types of foods. Don't worry so much about fat content or all of that to begin with. Your body is in starvation mode and will grab a hold of anything you eat at this point. The important thing instead is to get it used to the right types of foods ie. vegetables and proteins. Eat as much of those as you want but avoid sugars and any processed grains. If you have to eat bread make it whole wheat etc. If you do that for the same two weeks your body will get used to having the vitamins and nutrients you need and will, again, start letting you know when you need it and what it needs.

Think of it as a two week project, make a schedule, prepare a menu (including those vegi or yogurt snacks mentioned before by Astaroth) and fill your fridge with the foods you need to stick to it. Realize that you will be cranky the first few days while your body adjusts. However if you can do it once that two weeks is up you can follow Astaroth's guidlines and find yourself not only happier and thiner, but healthier too.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

Astaroth (Apr 13, 2008)

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah i hope so ^^ thanks i dunno why i don't wanna eat tho ...thats a big thing but also i don't do the shopping for my house but i can ask my mum but she will likely forget tho but ill really need to try .... maybe thats why i have been getting pains but not enough to be sick or anything tho...

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by equinn View Post
    yeah i hope so ^^ thanks i dunno why i don't wanna eat tho ...thats a big thing but also i don't do the shopping for my house but i can ask my mum but she will likely forget tho but ill really need to try .... maybe thats why i have been getting pains but not enough to be sick or anything tho...
    Hello beautiful ^_^. Reading the comments on the thread I got to the conclusion that you don't want to eat because your mindset is "if I eat I will get fat" and that is not true, beauty. Astaroth gave you 7 amazing steps (that I will then watch to follow myself too ^_^) that will keep your body from getting sick. As Astaorht said your body looks for a way to make a defence against what you are doing to it. Your body wants to be alive and it will do and store anything to keep itself alive. Like Astaroth said: "praise your body!!"
    My track and field coach told me once: "eat as much as your body physically asks you to. For the psychological hunger eat just veggies or fruit" and that has really work for me. I am taking care of myself and I am not commiting suicide.
    Equinn you are beautiful, you are not fat. Start now for believing it. There is no point for us telling you how beautiful you are if you don't believe it ^_~. You are beautiful. Now keep yourself not only beautiful but also healthy ^_^.
    Final question: Do you rather have a beautiful and healthy body or a very skinny, dry and very unhealthy body?
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    Hello beautiful ^_^. Reading the comments on the thread I got to the conclusion that you don't want to eat because your mindset is "if I eat I will get fat" and that is not true, beauty. Astaroth gave you 7 amazing steps (that I will then watch to follow myself too ^_^) that will keep your body from getting sick. As Astaorht said your body looks for a way to make a defence against what you are doing to it. Your body wants to be alive and it will do and store anything to keep itself alive. Like Astaroth said: "praise your body!!"
    My track and field coach told me once: "eat as much as your body physically asks you to. For the psychological hunger eat just veggies or fruit" and that has really work for me. I am taking care of myself and I am not commiting suicide.
    Equinn you are beautiful, you are not fat. Start now for believing it. There is no point for us telling you how beautiful you are if you don't believe it ^_~. You are beautiful. Now keep yourself not only beautiful but also healthy ^_^.
    Final question: Do you rather have a beautiful and healthy body or a very skinny, dry and very unhealthy body?
    truthfully i ant a healthy one cos i don't like looking at girls who look like there gonna snap in two

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast