+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Eating Healthy

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Eating Healthy

lol, go leb-chan! But that is what I mean. People do not watch what they eat. And most of what people eat isn't healthy. This causes obesity, which is sometimes (in most cases) fatal. It is also genetic. So if people who are obese reproduce, they are just endangering their next generation of decendants. Yes, the next generation have a chance to change, but it is likely that they will develop the same unhealthy eating habits as their parents.. thus continuing the pattern. I say forget the fries and eat healthy!

But we all know that will never happen.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink Re: Eating Healthy

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    lol, go leb-chan! But that is what I mean. People do not watch what they eat. And most of what people eat isn't healthy. This causes obesity, which is sometimes (in most cases) fatal. It is also genetic. So if people who are obese reproduce, they are just endangering their next generation of decendants. Yes, the next generation have a chance to change, but it is likely that they will develop the same unhealthy eating habits as their parents.. thus continuing the pattern. I say forget the fries and eat healthy!

But we all know that will never happen.
    You are almost asking for an impossible lol. To forget the greasy nasty french fries!!!! But i'll add to that another almost impossible: forget the nasty, greasy and fattie burger... but... that's not going to happen... i guess...
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Thanks

Yes those are impossible T.T But we can try to limit ourselves to such distasteful foods ( =__=;; lie ). It would only help our future generations. I think we should stop being selfish and start eating healthy.

Newbie AnimeJock4ever is off to a good start AnimeJock4ever's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually, not so impossible. I havent had french fries since I've been here at college, which has been 7 months. I only drink water and tea, and juice rarely. Its not hard for me to not eat hamburgers since I dont like them. Its not realy that hard to change your habits though. You just got to think to your self what is the better choice and which will make you feel better in the long run. Im not saying cut things out completly, but only treat yourself to one or two of those things once a week or every other week. Once you get going and stick with it a while, you wont even have to treat yourself to the "bad stuff." Like I dont like sodas any more because they are to syrupy for me. I might have one once a month. and hey, if you drink water when you go out you save money, cause its free. I understand its hard to eat healthy at college, cause you can only take so many salads a week and everything else is pizza or fried. But try keeping some food in your room, like cereal, granola, and dried fruits.

Katie-19

Thanks

Yeah. It's not impossible for me either. I taught myself to eat healthy for lunch at school. I only eat salads or turkey wraps. Every now and then will you see me get regular school lunch, or a pizza, but that only happens occasionally. And you are a tough soldier!! College has like a buffet of junk food... and you eat only healthy! Well congratulations, ma'am! And may you become the healthiest person there, lol.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    Most of the time I do. I eat a lot of fruits. I love fruits... but I eat on the college cafeteria... I mean crapeteria... and there is not much healthy options there...
    You can cook your own food, can't you? Or are you in a dorm?

Yeah, fruits are good, but I eat way too much fruits for my own good. They end up giving me gastric problems. And ulcers at night. +__+ ughh.

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    It is a shame that food has its limits =________=;;; but all for the better I believe. If it didn't... We'd all be sitting at home all day, not going out becasue our bellies would be too huge to get us through the door xD Obesity is a very big problem here in the US, which is why eating healthy is a very big deal.
    It's good to know, though, that the rise in obesity in US isn't as bad as it used to be a few years back, because people are starting to sit up and take notice of the issue. The slope on the charts isn't as steep as it was before. Right now obesity's becoming more of a problem in Asia. Researchers say it's because Asian countries are becoming more developed, people are getting richer and they're all eating out.

It..... does make sense.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    You can cook your own food, can't you? Or are you in a dorm?

Yeah, fruits are good, but I eat way too much fruits for my own good. They end up giving me gastric problems. And ulcers at night. +__+ ughh.
    Well, I live on the dorms... there is no big option there.... I'll cook myself of I could do it there. It will be healthier... I think
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    It's good to know, though, that the rise in obesity in US isn't as bad as it used to be a few years back, because people are starting to sit up and take notice of the issue. The slope on the charts isn't as steep as it was before. Right now obesity's becoming more of a problem in Asia. Researchers say it's because Asian countries are becoming more developed, people are getting richer and they're all eating out.

It..... does make sense.

Rebel-chan..this confuses me. I heard that obesity is worse now than ever. Because so many people are eating out, they get bigger and bigger! The charts are getting higher, which is very dangerous now. It's one of the top causes of death in the US. Where did you get your information from, rebel-chan?? I got mines from a health class I'm in.. And I must say, the information is scary. Americans need to learn how to eat healthy. And from the way things are headed... they need to learn fast.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast