+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Eating Healthy

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Eating Healthy

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    Well, I live on the dorms... there is no big option there.... I'll cook myself of I could do it there. It will be healthier... I think
    Hahaha, it should, if you use the right stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Rebel-chan..this confuses me. I heard that obesity is worse now than ever. Because so many people are eating out, they get bigger and bigger! The charts are getting higher, which is very dangerous now. It's one of the top causes of death in the US. Where did you get your information from, rebel-chan?? I got mines from a health class I'm in.. And I must say, the information is scary. Americans need to learn how to eat healthy. And from the way things are headed... they need to learn fast.
    My mum and dad tell me all this stuff. Mum's a paediatric endocrinologist and dad's a cardiologist. They're pretty... up to date with all this stuff, so yeah, they should know what they're talking about.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Oh. Well it looks like I'm going to have to do some research on the topic then. Either way, most Americans are not eating healthy. And this needs to stop, because our future can be in lots of danger if everyone if obese. You said yourself, even Asia's population is becoming fond of junkfood and getting obese. If the world continues to keep this up, we might wipe ourselves off the face of the earth.

Newbie AnimeJock4ever is off to a good start AnimeJock4ever's Avatar
    Thanks

As long as we have access to this unhealthy food in large quantities nothings going to change. Why do we need so many different fast food places that sale the exact same thing? And why do we need so many McDanolds? I mean it is rediculous how many there are, theres like one every five miles. I dont really know of any, but couldnt there be more fast "healthy food" restaurants.
    I have a "Hibachi" in my hometown and I love it, I go there every weekend and usually get sushi (and see cute guy that works there). That place has to be better than all these other fast food places, right? Why cant they have places that just have fruits, steamed veggies, whole grains, tofu, juice, water, tea, and other healthier foods? is it really that hard to do, would people not go there. Vegetarians would have a place to go for fast food. Im not saying that I eat healthy everyday, but I do try to with the options I have. We need more options for healthier places to eat not more junk/grease soaked/high fat/death food restaurants.
    If you have time to cook, then cook and not those frozen dinners they are probably just as bad because of all the preservatives in them. Use fresh meats (low pork), fuits and veggies as much as possible. Frozen veggies arent always bad just look at the ingredients first. The less preservatives in your meal the better.
    I know I sound like I eat really healthy, but I have my down falls too. I just try to avoid those certain foods as much as possible. Also, it takes more than eating healthy to be healthy. Everyone needs to do some form of exercise every week, at least three times if possible. Exercise helps maintain and rev up a persons metabolism, therefore you burn more calories. The exercise doesnt have to be hard, just stretch, thats better than nothing, and it will increase your flexibility.

Katie-19

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Why cant they have places that just have fruits, steamed veggies, whole grains, tofu, juice, water, tea, and other healthier foods?
    Because it taste like ****. Sushi=Puke

Sorry i love my unk/grease soaked/high fat/death food. Mmmmmmmm...

Use fresh meats (low pork), fuits and veggies as much as possible. Frozen veggies arent always bad just look at the ingredients first. The less preservatives in your meal the better.
    Sorry but not everyone has the time for that.

Newbie VampireHunterD may be famous one day VampireHunterD may be famous one day VampireHunterD's Avatar
    Thanks

It totally agree about people not having time. I noticed that my friends and I are more inclined to eat fast food and other junk food when we are super busy working or in a rush to go some place.

My Blog - It's Not Your Space - ym/aim: RaiserOfGales msn: RaiserOfGales @ hotmail.com

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Eating Healthy

Quote Originally Posted by VampireHunterD View Post
    It totally agree about people not having time. I noticed that my friends and I are more inclined to eat fast food and other junk food when we are super busy working or in a rush to go some place.
    That's very true... for me besides that i live on the dorms... there is not much time left like for me to cook... I would if I had the time and the stuff to do it... right now my option is: the crapeteria!!!
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Newbie AnimeJock4ever is off to a good start AnimeJock4ever's Avatar
    Thanks

Like I said "If you have time to cook, then cook." I know every body dosent have time to do that, I dont until the weekend mainly because I dont have anything to cook with, but my point was to not eat fast food all the time. Just because you dont have time dosent mean that you cant eat healthier. You can eat fresh fruits (apple) and veggies(carrots) on the go, and granola/protein bars. And useing the cafeteria as an excuse dosent work either. Like I said keep some food in your room, unless your not aloud to. Our food is bad here too, but they always have fruit out, and they usually have some veggies on the bar, even though half the time they are fried. Do you not have a salad bar, or do you not like salad.

Katie-19

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeJock4ever View Post
    Like I said "If you have time to cook, then cook." I know every body dosent have time to do that, I dont until the weekend mainly because I dont have anything to cook with, but my point was to not eat fast food all the time. Just because you dont have time dosent mean that you cant eat healthier. You can eat fresh fruits (apple) and veggies(carrots) on the go, and granola/protein bars. And useing the cafeteria as an excuse dosent work either. Like I said keep some food in your room, unless your not aloud to.
    Not everyone can cook, animejock. And even if they can, the sad fact of life is that most people are lazy.. so they wouldn't even if they could. So really, it is their own fault for not being healthy. Also,

Like I said keep some food in your room, unless your not aloud to.
    No! This is a very bad idea!! Most "snacks" people like to eat are unhealthy snacks! That will just make american citizen fatter! >.<

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast