I'm trying to come up with one sentence to sum up the purpose(s) of this thread, but can't. :) But I guess I'll ask some questions.
1. What & where do/did you intend to study?
2. What influences/influenced your choice of major?
3. Also, what influences/influenced your choice of college?
4. Have you taken the SAT/ACT/TOEFL/IELTS/other required external exam?
5. Anything else that's relevant (ask questions, give advice, etc)
In my case,
1. I intend to study film (because it's the only major that encompasses all my passions in photography, music, acting and computer graphics) in the States (because that's THE place to study film). I've already applied Early Decision to NYU, and am going to apply to CalArts, BU, SMFA, USC and Northwestern.
2. See (1). I chose film simply because I have a pretty big interest in it, and it's the only major I can think of that covers everything I have a passion for and am good at. Plus, I've always wanted to inspire other people the way other movies inspired me. :)
3. I'm really picky. I come from a family of high academic achievers, so it's only natural that I select a college with a highly selective admission, and one that admits only really good students. That's one. I'm also kinda partial to the location of the college and how renown the college's department (for my intended major) is - for example, I was considering Cornell for film, but Cornell normally isn't the first college you'd think of when you think about doing film, and Ithaca is a little too quiet for my liking. ^^;;
4. SAT I (770/760/720), Subject Tests (740 for Level 2 Math, 700 for Literature and 800 for Physics) and TOEFL (iBT 113/120). Yeeeeesh. So many tests. Just so I can go to the states. >_> What a chore.
Let's hear from you! :)
Do ask questions too. I know that in a lot of forums, there a loads of high school students who are preparing for college, and well... I figured a college discussion might not be so bad, as long as it doesn't get clogged up with spam.