+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 18

Thread: Education: Bad Place To Cut Budgets

  1. #1
    Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan United States
    Posts
    1,499
    Thanks
    411
    Thanked 132 Times in 126 Posts

    Education: Bad Place To Cut Budgets

    In order to save money some places are cutting funding to schools. Meaning fewer schools and fewer teachers. That alone means that the quality of education will become inferior. To add more insult to injury they are also going to consolidate classrooms. Meaning two different grade levels in the same classroom taught at the same time. How can that be good?

    Creating a generation of idiots is not the answer. I understand times are tough but if we don't take time to invest in are future these days will be a pleasant memory.

  2. #2
    Zev
    Zev is offline
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    700
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 66 Times in 62 Posts

    Re: Education: Bad Place To Cut Budgets

    I don't really think class size matters that much, as long as you can understand the teacher you will learn what you were suppose to learn. When I was in high school they just mixed us all together anyways it didn't matter if you were a freshman or a senior. I think they made good choices on where to cut back.

    There are stupid people and smart people, smart people want to learn, stupid people don't care to learn. The cut backs arn't going to effect that fact.

    Signature is a Gwenibe original.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zev For This Useful Post:

    !beast (Apr 08, 2010)

  4. #3
    Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    2,172
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 88 Times in 71 Posts

    Re: Education: Bad Place To Cut Budgets

    and what about the people in between, Zev?

    our public school system is one of the last things we want to cut funding to, I gotta agree with beast. Because while you are right, there are smart people and dumb people, there are also unsure people, or people that just take awhile to get it.

    I do not consider myself a 'smart' person. I have all the signs and behaviors of a 'smart' person, but I don't consider myself all that bright. (then again, education has a way of making you realize just how little you know..) My point is, there are a ton of people like me that are of average intelligence, I go to college, I work hard at it, and as a result I am successful. I can hardly accredit my success to any real smarts, other than I am smart to realize that I'm not that smart so I'm going to have to really work at it.

    Schools should be a place not only to educate those truly interested, but also making sure the 'dumb' and average people aren't undereducated. When you live in political system like the US which requires an intelligent, well-informed citizen in order to be successful, when the government does something like cut funding to schools they are only serving to make our system less stable and in turn, have even more problems.

    Now having said that, I can't pretend to know what areas of schools budgets are being cut, nor can I say I'm so passionate about the topic that I'm going to research it. But based off what I have heard, our public school system in the US isn't all that great compared to other country's of our power, so if the US wants to stay up top, it has to continue educating its citizens.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark. For This Useful Post:

    !beast (Apr 08, 2010)

  6. #4
    Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,801
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts

    Re: Education: Bad Place To Cut Budgets

    ya know, it's really sad that education is supposed to be free and it's meant for everyone to have. education doesn't deserve this...really it doesn't.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to rematche For This Useful Post:

    !beast (Apr 08, 2010)

  8. #5
    Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan United States
    Posts
    1,499
    Thanks
    411
    Thanked 132 Times in 126 Posts

    Re: Education: Bad Place To Cut Budgets

    Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    ya know, it's really sad that education is supposed to be free and it's meant for everyone to have. education doesn't deserve this...really it doesn't.
    Thank you. As for what Zev said, yes high school do that most of the time but - am talking about it on the elementary level. Yeah as you said the smart kids will be just fine but as Dark pointed out, most are in between. What are you going to do, ignore the majority?

  9. #6
    Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,801
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts

    Re: Education: Bad Place To Cut Budgets

    Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Thank you. As for what Zev said, yes high school do that most of the time but - am talking about it on the elementary level. Yeah as you said the smart kids will be just fine but as Dark pointed out, most are in between. What are you going to do, ignore the majority?
    it goes to all level. and this issue should not even be ignored especially for the elementary, which i believe is much more important than high school and college. why? because the elementary level is the basic amongst all levels and it shouldn't be compromised also.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to rematche For This Useful Post:

    !beast (Apr 08, 2010)

  11. #7
    Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan United States
    Posts
    1,499
    Thanks
    411
    Thanked 132 Times in 126 Posts

    Re: Education: Bad Place To Cut Budgets

    Another issue which I should have included is that extra-curricular activities are also being cut as well. This is sad because from what I know of school districts as a student and a tax payer is that once something gets cut it tends to stay cut.

  12. #8
    Zev
    Zev is offline
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    700
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 66 Times in 62 Posts

    Re: Education: Bad Place To Cut Budgets

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    and what about the people in between, Zev?

    our public school system is one of the last things we want to cut funding to, I gotta agree with beast. Because while you are right, there are smart people and dumb people, there are also unsure people, or people that just take awhile to get it.

    I do not consider myself a 'smart' person. I have all the signs and behaviors of a 'smart' person, but I don't consider myself all that bright. (then again, education has a way of making you realize just how little you know..) My point is, there are a ton of people like me that are of average intelligence, I go to college, I work hard at it, and as a result I am successful. I can hardly accredit my success to any real smarts, other than I am smart to realize that I'm not that smart so I'm going to have to really work at it.

    Schools should be a place not only to educate those truly interested, but also making sure the 'dumb' and average people aren't undereducated. When you live in political system like the US which requires an intelligent, well-informed citizen in order to be successful, when the government does something like cut funding to schools they are only serving to make our system less stable and in turn, have even more problems.

    Now having said that, I can't pretend to know what areas of schools budgets are being cut, nor can I say I'm so passionate about the topic that I'm going to research it. But based off what I have heard, our public school system in the US isn't all that great compared to other country's of our power, so if the US wants to stay up top, it has to continue educating its citizens.
    All am trying to point out, is if you don't have the will to learn, then you will probably be stupid. Thats not something the government can change. You can't make someone want to learn. You have the naturally brilliant students, then you have the students that work at being smart, then you got the ones that don't care. Most people do have to work a little harder to understand things, and they learn stuff because they try.

    They had a special ed class in my high school of about 5 students, and guess what. None of them cared about their education, I think half of them dropped out before they graduated. Its not because they were too stupid to learn, they just didn't want to.

    I don't think its a big deal. If parents don't like the public education then they can home school, or get a tutor.

    Signature is a Gwenibe original.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Education system...
    By RayMe in forum Cyber Lounge
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Nov 03, 2007, 07:35 PM
  2. Education Abroad
    By blue_rebel in forum Cyber Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Nov 20, 2006, 09:31 AM
  3. Education or your health
    By naruto-kun in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Oct 29, 2005, 04:32 PM
  4. sex education
    By deaths_raver667 in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Jul 20, 2005, 09:32 AM
  5. Our Education?
    By Boo45 in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jan 25, 2005, 01:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts