+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Education system...

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

Education system...

The examination oriented or the critical thinking oriented?

Examination oriented :

Focuses more on reading and remembering facts and theories... restricts critical thinking on students since they can't give views and ideas much...and the learning are done by following text book...

Critical thinking :

Focuses on more discussions among students and teachers... Done slowly in the class and makes the students more open and promotes student's awareness in what they are learning...

Which system do you think is better and please tell why... ^^ and give your opinion about the system or how it should be done..

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Education system...

I personally believe in the critical thinking. And considering how many americans these days seem to lack basic common sence. I think we need the practice at the critical thinking in order to apply our knowlage to basic real life situations. I tihnk that the text book based learning is why our society is failing. We don't give room to think. We don't give room to be crative, or artistic. We don't promote being different. Or thinking for ourselves. Our school system and government promotes the idea of you fitting in this disgustingly thin little mold and conforming to everything other people want of you. Elementry, middle, highschool, college, career. Do they ever stop to think that maybe these steps need to be modified to fit each person, considering NONE of us are the same. And we all basically have our own styles of learning? In a critical thinking enviroment I believe that a child/students OWN intelligence and style of learning are far more visible and thusly more avilible for encouragment and growth.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

You need both but first you need to know the facts and theories before you can discuss them. Critical thinking without a solid grounding in facts and theories leads to opinionated ignorance.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

I am always leaning to the side of classes that don't tell me how to interpert a book. I think that you need guidence but the teacher should never tell a child that they don't understand what a book is all about because they don't agree with the teacher's interpertation.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattness View Post
    I am always leaning to the side of classes that don't tell me how to interpert a book. I think that you need guidence but the teacher should never tell a child that they don't understand what a book is all about because they don't agree with the teacher's interpertation.
    THANK YOU! I agree entierly. In fact that was my biggest problem with being able to stay in school. I was spoiled and opinionated and when someone TOLD me what I THOUGHT was wrong... my OPINION was wrong it drove me nuts. It's an interpretation, just because I gather a different conclusion because I have a different perspective on life, then you did, doesn't mean one is right and one is wrong. Just because yours is more widely thought or accepted, also doesn't make me wrong.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

Besides, a really good book sould make you come to your own conclusions and question some of the other accepted interpertations. If you all agree about the themes in a book, you don't need to read it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattness View Post
    Besides, a really good book sould make you come to your own conclusions and question some of the other accepted interpertations. If you all agree about the themes in a book, you don't need to read it.
    Exactly. You don't need to read it, you just need someone else to TELL you what it said... I mean it's the same thing in the END anyways.

Otaku Tom2Ace is off to a good start Tom2Ace's Avatar
    Thanks

to be honest with you guys i dont think the education system has got any better but not a lot worse i think they should teach boys and girls seperatly again because nowa days boys are getting more bad behaved

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast