+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Education system...

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Education system...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom2Ace View Post
    i think they should teach boys and girls seperatly again because nowa days boys are getting more bad behaved
    I also agree with this too! IT takes a lot of social stress off of girls and boys. I know personally if I had, AT LEAST had, gym without the boys around, my self-esteem would have been higher and I may have participated more. I think girls and boys tend to learn differently not more badly behaved or better in any type of circumstance to me, but I do think they're definately different and better off seperate.

I ALSO firmly believe in uniforms at school.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

It depends on witch stage in learning you are on.

If it's age 7- 18 then critical thinking. I can tell for sure!!! I just changed from one system to another (from examination to critical) and I must say that it's much easier, much nicer and much more usefull to learn by critical thinking.
    Because in real life, unless you become a mad scienist or something, you really need to develop society skills.
    They are really important and you have to develop them from an early age.
    And you have to learn how to learn in this age... If techers just push information in a childs brain, it'll do no good at all- they will forget that information if its tought like that 'till they really need it1

When it comes to high school; I tink it's time to work harder, and you have already developed all the skills and you have to learn by examination orientated system

Also examination orientated system should be used just before the exams- when techers review everything. As a person who has a short memory, I know that it makes no sence to study like you study in the examination orientated system throughout all year... I don't remember all the things!

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Otaku Bowling Champion Tifa Lockhart is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RayMe View Post

Examination oriented :
    Focuses more on reading and remembering facts and theories... restricts critical thinking on students since they can't give views and ideas much...and the learning are done by following text book...

Critical thinking :
    Focuses on more discussions among students and teachers... Done slowly in the class and makes the students more open and promotes student's awareness in what they are learning...
    Personally, I think the critical thinking is better. I find it easier to learn things when there are discussions and done in a slower manner. Examination oriented seems boring and when people are bored, they don't tend to learn as well as those who are engaged or interested in it. So I think Critical Thinking is better. [:

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

You need both but first you need to know the facts and theories before you can discuss them. Critical thinking without a solid grounding in facts and theories leads to opinionated ignorance
    hmm a good opinion indeed...

Well malaysia's studying system is examination oriented mostly...from the age 7 - 19...
    then...suddenly it's critical thinking oriented studies in the universities.. imagine what the students would feel like... :/ some would be in a lot of stress.. :/

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    You need both but first you need to know the facts and theories before you can discuss them. Critical thinking without a solid grounding in facts and theories leads to opinionated ignorance.
    I totally agree. You can not get rid of examinations or how else can you prove to others that you didn't just attend classes and not listen. In England for the English exams there was two written and one speaking and listen, which was a continual assessment during classes. I think it works really and not only did it get you to speak your opinion on things but be able discuss and help with being able to hold a debate with other people.

Also written exams I find have always helped me the most. It got me used to writing long answers and not write a simple " yes, I agree with the statement because it holds good grounds for a debate" but allowed me to get used to explain why. Much like what AO does here, It helps with being able to show your self in your writing and learn more about the English language.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Thanks

Much like what AO does here, It helps with being able to show your self in your writing and learn more about the English language.
    yea...thats one of the main reasons i chat and be here in AO ^^

I totally agree. You can not get rid of examinations or how else can you prove to others that you didn't just attend classes and not listen. In England for the English exams there was two written and one speaking and listen, which was a continual assessment during classes. I think it works really and not only did it get you to speak your opinion on things but be able discuss and help with being able to hold a debate with other people.
    Thats interesting... in malaysia theres not much giving opinion much in class... the teaching system focuses more on facts...so in class we just hear the teacher brag about the lesson were taking and take notes... critical thinking is restricted... :/

I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RayMe View Post

Thats interesting... in malaysia theres not much giving opinion much in class... the teaching system focuses more on facts...so in class we just hear the teacher brag about the lesson were taking and take notes... critical thinking is restricted... :/
    In England is part of the curriculum to discuss and debate within the class. If you can't hold a debate very well then it will help. I found it useful and even at home we would often debate about the discipline within the house hold..well my older brother and myself would.

It wasn't until I got to university where I was really able to explore my interests and being able to describe what I wanted to do and the reasons behind it really helped to really research into things more and although I wasn't really taught how to write essays that well, I still think that I could be dyslexic but most likely doubt it. But it never stopped me from trying. I did pass university after trying my best and I am glad I did pass and the school System in England is considered to be one of the best I think (will need to confirm it though).
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Thanks

In England is part of the curriculum to discuss and debate within the class. If you can't hold a debate very well then it will help. I found it useful and even at home we would often debate about the discipline within the house hold..well my older brother and myself would.
    seems like a good way to train debating... too bad im not that kind of people who likes debating... i always keep my words simple when i talk i don't know why...i think i don't have the confidence in my english or so... i can't talk as fluent as i could with writing.. @.@

Hmm well the studying system in the university is different with the primary and secondary here though.. the same goes with colleges... they are more... western oriented...which i meant as using the systems used in the west...

The schools here actually uses British system but it is altered to be more..exam oriented... and we learn British - English... but i can speak in other types of english...(thx to watching movies and all) but i still can't speak much of Australian - English... hard to hear people speak in that.. thus i can't learn much of it except G'day mate and all

and another thing with education here.. that it is hard to choose what we want to learn... we have to get certain qualifications in order to learn something and they are done through exams...

I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast