+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Emo/Scene Trend

Newbie Echo is off to a good start
    Thanks

The Emo/Scene Trend

So you all know what "emo" and "scene" are considered to be, I am assuming, since both of them are such popular topics.

Most people when they hear the word emo they think of a guy or girl in really tight pants, with vans shoes, spiky black hair, and an aiden band T-shirt on. When most people hear the word scene, they think of a more preppy version of emo and lot more hello kitty and gloomy bear.

The first thing I would like to state, which is strictly my opinion, is that emo is NOT a style, it is NOT a way of life, it IS a music genre. Just because you have black hair and like hello kitty or gloomy bear and pokemon does not make you emo...I like all three of those...yet I don't claim to be emo and I don't have to. Another thing I would like to say is, cutting does not make you Goth, Emo, or Punk all of which are also music genres. I really don't see why anyone would want label themselves emo or scene considering it's just a trend that some idiot made up and decided to rip off the name of a music genre and call it emo. For one alot of the aspects of the emo/scene trend comes from other things like vans were modeled after the look of slippers that older men typically wore. So really the emo/scene trend isn't really all that original.

I personally think the only reason that it has really become so big of a trend is because of alot of singers were sporting the look. Such as Sonny Moore from the band From First To Last. I don't think he ever claimed to be emo, but for some reason just because he fit the description people automatically decided to label him emo.

So you've heard my piece, what do you guys think of all this?
    Do you think the trend is going to be around for much longer or do you think it is going to disappear soon?
    http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/OfeliasFire/BlueProxy-1024_768-1.jpg
    "I'm a young soul in this very strange world hoping to learn a bit bout' what is true and fake"

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: The Emo/Scene Trend

If you look or dress in a particular way, you're going to be judged based on that. If this type of dress is similar to some artists from the emo genre it's easy to make the connection isn't it?

Newbie Echo is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    If you look or dress in a particular way, you're going to be judged based on that. If this type of dress is similar to some artists from the emo genre it's easy to make the connection isn't it?
    Yes I agree that if you dress a certain way you are going to be judged and separated into a certain group.

To be honest I don't know of any bands in the emo genre where the singers dress to the description of what people call the emo style, though I am not saying there aren't any considering there very well could be.
    http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/OfeliasFire/BlueProxy-1024_768-1.jpg
    "I'm a young soul in this very strange world hoping to learn a bit bout' what is true and fake"

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    Yes I agree that if you dress a certain way you are going to be judged and separated into a certain group.

To be honest I don't know of any bands in the emo genre where the singers dress to the description of what people call the emo style, though I am not saying there aren't any considering there very well could be.
    I would think the way "emo's" dress IS 'emo', period. Just because Emo is a music genre, doesnt mean that can't be migrated over to the fashion scene. For example,. There is a way of dressing called "rockstar'., eh eh? even hairband.

Though i agree with you, taking in "random'' parts of pop culture and trying to make it 'cool' again, no matter how feminine it may be does not make it a style....or it would since styles are made by combining and such. I think its a general hate for Emo'ality that society refuses to recognize emo as a style..

meh, i really hate emos so im a biased opinion.

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Whoa, there seems to be alot of threads about emos lately...

Well, most people think that if you wear black alot, you're emo or goth. But, whenever I see someone wear black all the time, I think they just like the color. I wear black alot, but not because I'm emo, it's just cause, well, I love the color black. By the way, most people take it that emo is a way of life because, well, if you cry alot when you get home and cut yourself, wouldn't that be a way of life and not just a style? And I think that the 'emo' style is going to be around for a while, at least at my school it is...

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Newbie amatsubu is off to a good start amatsubu's Avatar
    In the most corrupt, and scheming boarding school ever...cause my parents hate me v.v
    Thanks

i understand what you are saying originally emo was used as ways of expressing a particular type of music, gothic was a way of expressing a style of archtiecture that stood out and sometimes was very dark or scary. A scene was used to describe something that stood out form the others. People took these terms and started to applying them to people who dressed in certain ways. For example most peole find goths scary and dark and that is how they achieved their names, people belives scene kids stand out above the othres or cause a "scene" so thats how they achieved their title, I'm still not sure how the emo one came about, but I don't know why people tasg each other, People tag me as a goth/emo because I'm depressed and like to wear dark colors and clothes that are titled as gothic lolita, they also have named me this because of the bands i listen to, and the facts that ic ut my wrists. i don't think I need the tags of style, every person is individual obviouslly i'm depressed and a little confused at times, and i happen to prefer black over pink, even though I'm a little different and sometimes stand out as a loser or freak I'm still human.

Otaku urlovelyassassin is off to a good start
    in the devil's arms and the angel's heart
    Thanks

It's already starting to disappear in my town. I got sick of seeing people who looked all the same it was stupid. Anyway actually I don't really care all to much for it. I have my own style and I think I'm gonna stick with it for a while. Let the emos and scenes do whaever they'd like. Who cares.

Sometimes I still dream of you, even though you were so cold
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=27434950

+ Reply to Thread