+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ending a relationship

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Ending a relationship

My sister was upset when a man ended a relationship with a nice girl on the phone.

What is the most humane way to end a relationship?

My sister said he should have ended it face to face with her instead of cheapening the situation with a casual last phone call.

Breakups are always hard to do and hard to hear. Is there anything to be learned from rejection?

I've dumped someone before and know the pain of being dumped so don't think there is any way around the pain whether being dumped bluntly or being let down easy.. you still know it's about rejection.

What is the correct procedure to ending a relationship?

My sister is trying to end one now with a control freak. She doesn't answer her calls but the control freak doesn't get the hint.

How do you end a relationship? Humanely as possible or be like Rhett Buttler and be frank.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to desxms For This Useful Post:

cantsenditback (Oct 17, 2008), SweetCandi (Oct 10, 2008)

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

Re: Ending a relationship

there really isn't a good way to end a relationship but ending it with a conversation or a talk on why it ends and in person i guess. i mean knowing why the relationship ends is one way of knowing and learning.

i guess i can't say i was dumped since most of my relationships end because of mutual agreement since the relationship really isn't working or the both of us have tried everything to make it work.

there really isn't an easy way to break up nor is there such a thing as timing.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PhoenixSara For This Useful Post:

desxms (Oct 10, 2008)

Otaku DemonicKagomeTahoshi is off to a good start DemonicKagomeTahoshi's Avatar
    Always with my lover in his hearts, or with him no matter what
    Thanks

when ending a relationship, it's best to do it face to face, cause this way you can explain to them why, and if they want the two of you can still be friends.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonicKagomeTahoshi For This Useful Post:

desxms (Oct 10, 2008)

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

well my first real bf it was kinda ****ed up u see he cheated on me with my firend as soon as i went to the usa for 2 weeks she mintaned she didnt know (the whole school knew) so it didnt realy end ...i just stoped takin LOl (kinda offcally were not broke up...but we dont talk anymore as much cos of it but i took me ages to gain mens trust again)

but the best way is just to explane the situation...tbh and sy why and all and if its someting silly she will let u like and if its somthing that can be fixed it can be fixed just tbh a guys and girls really just need to think about it tbh and talk like if u didnt think u would be with them for a long time why bother tbh...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to equinn For This Useful Post:

desxms (Oct 10, 2008)

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

theres no good way to end a relationship, but if it has to be done its better done face to face. Its a bad way to end it over the phone, net, text, because nothing gets explained, and it leaves both sides in either a bad, or confused mood.

its not real fun to break up with someone that way then they trash your car or something , and it all just becomes a big mess out if nothing'

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clover For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Oct 14, 2008), desxms (Oct 10, 2008)

Otaku SweetCandi is off to a good start SweetCandi's Avatar
    Thanks

hmmm, its hard to answer that question due to the fact that i haven't dumped anyone in my life. The guys were jerks, and just left me. But i know how it feels to be dumped, and doing it by phone is the hurtful way ever. One day a guy wrote me a letter before ..(its was a poem but in a way nice but yet explaining that he wanted to break up with me..>.< ..that's another bad to come about it..)

I think letting someone go that you care for should be in respect, and done face to face, especially if u plan to still be friends with this person.
    But yet i know why ppl do it over the phone, they are just to afraid to do it face to face.

I would break up with someone face to face, cuz i would still want to be there friend. I mean if i went out with them it had to be cuz of something i liked about them, and i wouldn't want to lose that. Also cause of the fact that i can see their emotions better, and be able to react with it and try and console them, and make things better.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SweetCandi For This Useful Post:

desxms (Oct 12, 2008)

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

dumping a someone is just a fact of life so when your young like
    most of the people here are long term isn't really a good thing
    there's lots to discover with different people . maybe when your
    25 or older longer could be good.

this is a good way to end it because they cant be hurt by reason
    but this is just my point of view on ending things with someone
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HolderOfTheDarkChalice For This Useful Post:

desxms (Oct 11, 2008)

The Listener Stealin` Home Champion awesomeparty12 may be famous one day awesomeparty12's Avatar
    Thanks

Well i seem to have always been the dumpee, and haven't dumped anyone in my life. I always got dumped, but to me i think it would be one of the hardest things for me to do, cause i don't know, i mean i have never done it so i think it would take me awhile to do, but thankfully i wont ever have too.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Oct 11, 2008 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Spelling and grammar
    i cry inside for life anew i die each time im torn in two i live for earth and die for none along comes a god who will always bring peace and tranquility

16. The Following User Says Thank You to awesomeparty12 For This Useful Post:

desxms (Oct 12, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast