+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ending a relationship

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ending a relationship

To me the best way to end a relationship(that you are for sure that you want to end), would be letting the person know face to face. Somewhere alone, with no other people walking around. Would tell them were not meant to be, and make sure u let them know that its not their fault, and that they could find another person better for them...
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Oct 11, 2008 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Spelling and Grammar

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

2. The Following User Says Thank You to anime_being_god For This Useful Post:

desxms (Oct 12, 2008)

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

If you're trying end a relationship the "humane" way with a control freak, the only way to do it is by a swift kick in jewls. either that or work out the fact that they are controlling and if that won't change then she'll have to end it. being in that sort of washy relationship its either....... shape up or ship out!

As for ending it, from what i can tell, it's probably better to play it by ear,
    If you're ending it because of obvious complications (like controling and other negative things like that) its best to just end it ASAP by any means. Unless you're wanting to smooth it our first.

if you just want to be friends, take the normal and sane way by doing it in person.

word!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SasuraiHell For This Useful Post:

desxms (Oct 12, 2008)

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Face to face is always the best method, as you can look the person straight in the eye and see as much as you feel.

This may not be an easy way, but it is truly the best.
    Why hello there!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoDeath90 For This Useful Post:

desxms (Oct 12, 2008)

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

I would also say face-to-face but that depends on the situation/connection between the two of you. For some, its too painful to see them face-to-face because they cheated on you. For something like that I think its best to just break contact with them completely. Why talk to someone who can easily hurt and think they still have a chance when they ruined your life?

I've been dumped in all lazy ways and never really face-to-face. I've been dumped by text, and over IM (who called me to get me back and I told him to leave me and never speak to me again). No one has had the decency to dump me face-to-face, which is the main reason I don't even talk to my ex's at all.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sazzy For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Oct 14, 2008), desxms (Oct 13, 2008)

Otaku Utena Tenjo is off to a good start
    Thanks

there is no good way to end it. but remember, there is no way to make them feel better, but you can make them feel worse. do it face to face, and dont make it seem like a nice evening. subtly do things to foreshadow, dont be rude, and if they start yelling dont argue. it is hard to still be friends, but its worth a shot.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Utena Tenjo For This Useful Post:

desxms (Oct 13, 2008)

Otaku xxoxx is off to a good start xxoxx's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that ”Face to face” as every one said but is the hardest way to end a relationship. It is also the hardest way to take that end. The courage that comes from looking someone in the eye while telling them that it is over will help the other person find closure and it is the right thing to do ...

Foolish beating

12. The Following User Says Thank You to xxoxx For This Useful Post:

desxms (Oct 13, 2008)

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Face-to-face is always the best. Anything short of that is cowardly and selfish. But then again, when it comes to breaking up, one must always have a valid reason to do so (such as "You might not hear from me again, I'm joining the army" or "I have Huntington's, and staying together will only cause you more pain"), and apologize even though the reason behind the breaking up is legitimate.

BTW, that "It's not you, it's me" shtick is not a legitimate reason, and should never be considered as such. It's simply too vague. Not that the "me" is under the gun for shortcomings of any sort, but it could be inferred that the "it's me" part is simply because he wanted to, or that it's his fault for having begun the relationship in the first place because he just realized he wanted to shack up with someone else after all.

If a person uses that "excuse" to mask a selfish motive, let him or her be anathema.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to psychical For This Useful Post:

desxms (Oct 13, 2008)

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, just like most of you said, I do think it depends on the relationship you have with them.

Like, some people couldn't bear the thought of having a face-to-face confrontation with the other person, some people just go ahead and tell them straight to their face that it's over, and some people just txt it and don't talk ever again.

I say it's just how strong of a relationship you ahve and the kind of person you are.

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Akura13 For This Useful Post:

desxms (Oct 13, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast