+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ending a relationship

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ending a relationship

Quote Originally Posted by Akura13 View Post
    Yes, just like most of you said, I do think it depends on the relationship you have with them.

Like, some people couldn't bear the thought of having a face-to-face confrontation with the other person, some people just go ahead and tell them straight to their face that it's over, and some people just txt it and don't talk ever again.

I say it's just how strong of a relationship you ahve and the kind of person you are.
    The trick is to choose your mate well. Always ask yourself, "How will things be for me and this other person should be get together? Will we still be happy and in love with one another a decade from now? Fifty years?"

Yet people tend to trust their impulses more than their hearts and minds regarding the matter (I am not innocent of this charge, in case you're wondering). When people, in the heat of desire, plunge themselves headlong into situations they find difficult to extricate themselves from when things get dicey, these words of Mark Antony come to mind:

"O judgement! thou art fled to brutish beasts,
    And men have lost their reason."
    - Julius Caesar, Act III, scene ii

So true of human nature even to this very day, sadly.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

No matter how you put it there really isn't a good way or better way to break up nor is there a good time for it. Best to choose well and get to know the person before you go exclusive with anyone.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psychical View Post
    The trick is to choose your mate well. Always ask yourself, "How will things be for me and this other person should be get together? Will we still be happy and in love with one another a decade from now? Fifty years?"

Yet people tend to trust their impulses more than their hearts and minds regarding the matter (I am not innocent of this charge, in case you're wondering). When people, in the heat of desire, plunge themselves headlong into situations they find difficult to extricate themselves from when things get dicey, these words of Mark Antony come to mind:

"O judgement! thou art fled to brutish beasts,
    And men have lost their reason."
    - Julius Caesar, Act III, scene ii

So true of human nature even to this very day, sadly.

Thats another good point, the way i see it is; if you don't see this person as someone you'd see as a marital spouse, why bother diving into a relationship before actually getting to really know the person(minus the physical relationship). Unless you're the trail and error type, then there's always hope but you'll have to accept parting ways walks hand in hand.

in the context of 'Beverly Hills Ninja',
    "perhaps you are being led around by your "short" sword."
    some men are like that...and women too of course.(cept it would be by being led around by assumptions of a guy's personality, only to find out he's a complete abuser XD)

Otaku Click The Colour Champion darkangel1240 is off to a good start darkangel1240's Avatar
    Thanks

Ugh. i don't really like ending a relationship with guys that I like... But, anyway.. The best way to break up is to do it face to face. that's the best way to break up!

Vampire Freaks☠I am not going 2 be on for awhile... ☠

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SasuraiHell View Post
    in the context of 'Beverly Hills Ninja',
    "perhaps you are being led around by your "short" sword."
    Hah! Exactly. Such people scoff at chastity; yet the way they live their lives demonstrate, albeit in a rather negative way, why chastity actually makes sense even in this day and age.

But who are we to tell them how to live their lives, they say; you're not the boss of me, you wouldn't understand what I'm going through. Yes, who are we, people who've gone down that road long before they have, we who've made mistakes similar to those they're about to commit (or have already committed, if they're too hasty).

Fine then: live your lives the way you choose. Just remember not to blame anyone else but yourselves when things get tough.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psychical View Post
    Hah! Exactly. Such people scoff at chastity; yet the way they live their lives demonstrate, albeit in a rather negative way, why chastity actually makes sense even in this day and age.
    Haha, thats kinda funny coming from someone named psychical. It dont make sense to us guys, we go boom if we don't get it, and the fallout ain't pretty.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Haha, thats kinda funny coming from someone named psychical. It dont make sense to us guys, we go boom if we don't get it, and the fallout ain't pretty.
    Well, it's called the law of cause-and-effect: perform an action, reap the consequences. Pick up one end of the stick, you pick up another. For instance, you can't stand still squarely on the tracks with a train rushing towards you and expect yourself to still be in one piece five minutes later.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to psychical For This Useful Post:

desxms (Oct 16, 2008)

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

Let us put it this way each has a reason for a break up and most relationships have a fall out due to irreconcileable differences...........( am i right?). And there is never going to be a good way to break up nor is there a right time since someone will get hurt.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PhoenixSara For This Useful Post:

desxms (Oct 16, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast