+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Enjoy Reading?

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Enjoy Reading?

Hello everyone! Ok, if you’re like me then you love reading. Reading for me is a passion, an escape. It helps me get away from reality for a while and experience a whole different world through the words on the pages. To me it’s just as good as watching a movie if not better.

When it comes to favorite books, it’s really hard for me to choose. I’ve read so many kinds and they have affected me in different ways. One book I have always remembered is The Raging Quiet by Sherryl Jordan. It’s about a woman who is an outcast in her village and befriends the madman of the village who in reality is only deaf and ends up being accused of witchcraft. Another would be Rebecca by Daphne De Maurier, I loved the mystery of this book and it left me guessing at every turn. Then there’s a book that I have read recently called the Book Thief by Markus Zusak which is set in Nazi Germany and narrated by death. The narrating by death hooked me in and by the end I was soaked in my own tears. And don’t even get me started on Nicholas Sparks. Anyway, enough of my favorites. (That could take years)

My question to you guys is if you are the same is me. Do you love books as much as me? If so, what do you get out of books that makes you like them so much? And what are some of your favorite books of all time and why?

If you don’t like books and reading, why? Is it boring? Is it just hard for you to get interested?

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Enjoy Reading?

I cannot live without books........they are everything to me.....when I got nothing to do..the first thing that comes to mind....is.....which books is next on my wish reading list......reading broadens your horizons and makes your imagination soar......it is like entering a whole new world filled with new people and new scenes.....I just am enthralled by all of it....
    my favorite genre to read is vampire fiction, historical romance and I know how weird this is going to sound....but I also find history books fascinating...especially about the Celts and the Romans and Greeks...can't get enough of them......
    since there are WAY to many books to name..........I will list some of my favorite authors......(laurell K. Hamilton, Julia Quinn, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Christine Feehan, L. A banks, Amanda Quick......and so forth)
    most of these authors write romance that is filled with tons of action and some humor......and that is what I love in a book...action and romance and maybe a little bit of dry humor........
    Like I said.......books play a major role in my life.........
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

I am a big reader in class. I love having a book on me for down time in school. One of my favorite books of all time is Memoirs of a Geisha. The movie in my opinion did not good job of going along with the book, but the book itself is amazing. I also like to read the books from Lenesy Namioka, she is a children book writer but I am fond of her work anyway.

Reading is always fun in school for passing the time, plus makes nice extra credit in English ^_^. Makes people around think you are super smart also. Besides that I enjoy getting pulled into a different world and watching to see how things develop. the same reason I like anime/manga pretty much.

Otaku LEtters Champion, PopWord Champion, Alphabet Soup Champion, Baby Destruction Champion bellocanlver is off to a good start
    Thanks

im one of those ppl who are always seen w/ a book reading is my life.its where i get all my crazy thoughts and share it w/ others.
    Temari is so Cool

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

I LOVE READING! I'm a bloody English major.

I think what got me hooked on reading was my grandfather. He had been sickly as a boy, so all he could do was sit and read. I had a great bond with my grandfather, and so he would always sit me on his knee and read stories to me, all kinds of stories! Soon enough, I was reading to him. I still occasionally visit his grave, sit under the tree next to it, and read to him.

Newbie Ransaeo may be famous one day Ransaeo may be famous one day Ransaeo's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh my lanta do I love books! I can't get enough of them. It's a treat to go to barnes and noble and purchase a new book. It's a silly thing, but I actually really like the new book smell. Haha, anyway, I find it very entertaining to read a book. To me, when I'm reading, it's like I'm apart of the story so I can't put it down because I want to know what's going to happen next. I'm pretty much known as the book worm in my family. I almost got grounded from reading a book once because that's all I would do was read. The book was Les Miserables. And yes, the unabridged one. Goodness, it took forever to read, but it was way worth it. I recommed reading that book. It's very good. And well written. And I really liked reading Dracula. Pretty much I'm into the books from way back in the day.
    Tastes like sugar. Looks like sugar. But it's not sugar.

Newbie BlackSwordsman1 is off to a good start
    Thanks

aww man this is an awesome topic. I'm an avid reader, as well as a writer. Luckily for me I work at Barnes and Noble where I can get all of my reading done. My particularly favorite authors would have to be William Faulkner, John Steinbeck, F Scott Fitzgerald, Ernest Hemmingway, Michael Chabon, Jack kerouak, etc. Right now I am reading the Amazing adventures of Kavalier and Clay, awesome book, it's definetly one to pick up.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackSwordsman1 For This Useful Post:

Priestess Angel (Jan 27, 2008)

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

well reading has been part of my life since I could actually put two words together to form sentences, so yes I love to read.
    for me reading puts me in places that only one other thing can, my imagination.
    My all time favorite author passed away a couple of years ago, and he truly
    wrote some extraordinary stories, filled full of danger, suspense and quite a lot of mythology.
    the author I am referring to is David Gemmell. and he will sorely be missed by me.
    but other books I have read are the harry potters from J.k Rowling, which I must say are very good as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast