+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Enjoy Reading?

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Enjoy Reading?

Oh yes indeed I love reading!!! ^^ As long as it's a good and interesing book, makes my immagination work and so on...I love it!!

And I find it too that books are much better than movies, because they can show you more, your immagination can create specifects that your eyes couldn't imagine and in your mind you can even change some things, while in a movie- you have to accept it all as you see it.

However lately I haven't had enough time for readin, I have so many great books staning in my shelf, calling for me, but I just don't have the time to pick them up and read ^^

My favourite book ever must be "The Lord of the Rings" by John Ronald Ruel Tolkien or maybe "The Silmarilion". Tolkien is great! His imagination has worked in a wonderful way and his language might be quite complicated, but his words talk to me through it all each by itself. And the book is so much better than the movie. The movie misses out so many things.
    The Lord of the Rings was my first serious book and I read it in a week or something. In English!!! This book actually tought me English! Before that I just simply sucked at English. I read that book and got the 2nd place in the regional competition in English next year!

I'm most fond of the old classics, I love to read books which have survived time. I've read the Decameron and Faust, for example (I have a problem- bad memory of names ) and now am going for Dante's Divine Comedy!!! Yay for oldies!!!

Lately I also prefer to write myself so I just can't stand a book about which I could say: "Even I can write that!!!" I'm very ambitious >.< It sometimes gets in the way...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priestess Angel
    My question to you guys is if you are the same is me. Do you love books as much as me? If so, what do you get out of books that makes you like them so much? And what are some of your favorite books of all time and why?
    m yes i love to read. i am reading a book right now called deal breaker by Harlan Colban.
    its a mystery and i love mysteries.
    mm i have to say i like books because you can get a life lesson out of it without having to experience. yet as you read the book you can get the same feelings that you would get if it was happening to you. And i love to just be able to get a good laugh once a while.
    But lets see my all time fav book right now would have to be the Twilight series. but i do love the Stephanie plum series.
    they are two of my favorite series

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Newbie O Castatis Lilium is off to a good start O Castatis Lilium's Avatar
    Thanks

Aye, I am a bookworm.
    The books you described sound interesting, I think I'll have to add them to my reading list. =]

I love Memoirs of a Geisha and anything by Sylvia Plath.

Otaku elvin is off to a good start elvin's Avatar
    Thanks

i love reading but only for some books...... i dun like novels but i like comic.... i have lots of books but i dnt read it as well.... i make it my collections... reading is kind of fun but sometimes have to follow my mood also.... reading for revision and exams is a must for me. even i dun like to study, but i force myself to do it as well... most of my friends who is excellent in their studies make reading as their daily needs. they almost will die without reading.... i can be crazy for that..... lol.... most of the times, i will find some new books to read, of course not fictional books...
    ::::...Chery_Strawbery...::::

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

I love books myself. I've kinda been on a breake lately but I love them. I'm waiting for the third Inheritence book to come out. I guess there will be four now instead of 3 like before. I also loved the Broken Sky series. It had an anime feel to it. Also theres Deltora Quest, which wasn't as mature but still a good read. I also liked the Talking To Dragons books. Can't forget the Wrinkle in Time series either. Ahh theres so many series I could name. Yeah I'm a pretty big book nerd.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I just got 3 new books last night. 2 of them are of the Mech Warrior series I was talking about before. I really wanted to read these after the first one I read that talks about how House Marik of the Free Worlds Leage and its realm begins to shater. lol Sorry about that and I know you people have no idea what I am talking about or even care, I am just really exsited is all. Any way, the third one is from the Halo series where they first contact the Covinent.

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ransaeo View Post
    Oh my lanta do I love books! I can't get enough of them. It's a treat to go to barnes and noble and purchase a new book. It's a silly thing, but I actually really like the new book smell. Haha, anyway, I find it very entertaining to read a book. To me, when I'm reading, it's like I'm apart of the story so I can't put it down because I want to know what's going to happen next. I'm pretty much known as the book worm in my family. I almost got grounded from reading a book once because that's all I would do was read. The book was Les Miserables. And yes, the unabridged one. Goodness, it took forever to read, but it was way worth it. I recommed reading that book. It's very good. And well written. And I really liked reading Dracula. Pretty much I'm into the books from way back in the day.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. B&N to me is like a candy store to a little kid. I always go crazy. It's probably a good thing that there isn't one in my town because if there was then I would constantly be broke. I try to go only once a month and keep under a budget of 40 dollars but sometimes I cheat. I always bring a list of books that I want, too, because if I didn't bring a list then I would never leave.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I like reading, because....... well, I don't know. When I was 3 or 4 my mom literally forced me to read a stack of Enid Blyton books "for my own good", and I cried and cried to no end but I ended up falling in love with those books, and subsequently went on to become a bookworm. So yeah, I like reading in general, but that doesn't mean I read just about any book, and it certainly doesn't mean I like everything I read.

Reading's an excellent pastime - it IS a form of escapism from reality to some (it is for me, at least), it's more convenient than watching a movie because you can put your book down and go back to it later, and it's educational (provided you read the right stuff). I speak and write considerably well because I read a lot, and when people ask me what they should do to improve their language skills, my answer is always, "Read." And most of the time they DON'T listen to me (which is sad, really, because I know a lot of you other avid readers out there will agree with me in that reading storybooks is a LOT more educational than some people might think).

Favorite books? Hard to say. Favorite authors is an easier one, though - I love Chaim Potok, Terry Pratchett, P.G. Wodehouse and Katherine Paterson. I'm generally quite biased towards British authors because of their humor Oh, and because I think comics should also count, I really like Miyamoto Kano and Motoni Modoru. Great artists AND great storytellers, the both of them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast