Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever feel like you were born in the wrong century?

Otaku AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Ever feel like you were born in the wrong century?

Heya all AO pplz,

I've meet a lot of people in my day that feel and say at times that they were born in the wrong century. Do you feel the same way? If you feel this way i would like to hear what time you would like to have been born in, and the "why" of course. ^.^ just curious as usual...

~AnimeGeek

Banned Jamie5192 is off to a good start Jamie5192's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ever feel like you were born in the wrong century?

hmm interesting topic... but yes.. i do feel like i was born in the wrong Century... What Century do i belong in?? I donno but i have very different thoughts on some things so i am actually most likely from several Centuries.. lol I don't have a specific century that i would be able to fit into...

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

This is a great topic. At first I read the title as "born in the wrong country" lol, but as for the topic yes I do feel that way once in a while. Probably another decade, but not century. In terms of technology, I feel I am in the right century, but considering how society is now with the way people act and conduct themselves I do wish I was in the better days.

Not to mention I find some of the older music better than today's music :S, you would know when you can hum most of the songs in those TIME LIFE commercials selling old hits.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I predict that most of the newbies are going to say they wish they were born in Japan...

NEwho, now, I'm a patriot, wouldn't want to be born anywhere else then Canada. and as for being born in the right time?

Hell yeah, not only did I witness the rise of the Home Game consoles (80's), Personal Computers(80's-90's), The Internet (90's), and other stuff, I've witnessed some of the last half century's signifigant historical events: Tiananmen Square (Age 4), The Fall of the Soviet Union, the fall of the Berlin Wall, and the first Gulf War (age 6), The Oklahoma City Bombing (Age 10), and 9/11 (Age 16).

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

I predict that most of the newbies are going to say they wish they were born in Japan...
    (thanx aceman67 for the quote)
    well no not really, I know that in a previous lifetime I was a Japanese warlord.
    I actually had a reading to tell me that about my life. and it is quite amazing that I dont wish to go back to that time. so no I dont feel like that I am born in the wrong century.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

I only hope that everyone says they wish they were born in some ridiculous historical fantasy-filled Japan straight out of anime... then I can tell them the joys of famine, persecution, constant civil war, a strict class system, a spoiled and abusive elite ruling class, and organized misogyny :/

well no not really, I know that in a previous lifetime I was a Japanese warlord.
    I actually had a reading to tell me that about my life.
    *eyeroll* I bet you were much more willing to pay her for selling you snake oil because she told you exactly what you wanted to hear.

I've met half a dozen Western anime nerds who are "reincarnated warlords". How come no one is ever a "reincarnated peasant" or "reincarnated toilet pumper"?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    I only hope that everyone says they wish they were born in some ridiculous historical fantasy-filled Japan straight out of anime... then I can tell them the joys of famine, persecution, constant civil war, a strict class system, a spoiled and abusive elite ruling class, and organized misogyny :/

*eyeroll* I bet you were much more willing to pay her for selling you snake oil because she told you exactly what you wanted to hear.

I've met half a dozen Western anime nerds who are "reincarnated warlords". How come no one is ever a "reincarnated peasant" or "reincarnated toilet pumper"?
    Must you shatter people's dream like that tsurara??

In my previous life, I was a seaweed that ended up with rice making up a rice ball.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

In my past life I was a professional Dream-Shatterer. It can't be helped.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast