Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 51

Thread: Ever feel like you were born in the wrong century?

  1. #25
    Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York.
    Posts
    2,005
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

    Re: Ever feel like you were born in the wrong century?

    Yes. I hate the way things are going now. War, Pollution, 9/11, etc...it drives me mad and It's going to affect my generation and most likely the next few. I was born into the world and not knowing anything, and until age 10, at 9/11, I knew almost nothing in the world. I had no sense of anything and believed school was just to learn things such as math sciences etc. I honestly hate the world we live in, and wanted to live in a time where you could be free and able to make simple decisions without worries or stress. Is there such a thing? I dunno. Maybe I invented fire. I would've wanted to be in Greece during the Ancient Persian War and been a Spartan or Athenian. That way I might've actually died with a free choice in a free land.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

  2. #26
    anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Shikoku
    Posts
    1,308
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 84 Times in 55 Posts

    Re: Ever feel like you were born in the wrong century?

    Actually, the ancient world was plagued by STDs... and back then, a case of syphilis was a death sentence.

    Be glad you live in an age of condoms and cures.

  3. #27
    ~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In the gallery
    Posts
    1,376
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 35 Times in 31 Posts

    Re: Ever feel like you were born in the wrong century?

    Quote Originally Posted by dark angel swordsman View Post
    Yes. I hate the way things are going now. War, Pollution, 9/11, etc...it drives me mad and It's going to affect my generation and most likely the next few. I was born into the world and not knowing anything, and until age 10, at 9/11, I knew almost nothing in the world. I had no sense of anything and believed school was just to learn things such as math sciences etc. I honestly hate the world we live in, and wanted to live in a time where you could be free and able to make simple decisions without worries or stress. Is there such a thing? I dunno. Maybe I invented fire. I would've wanted to be in Greece during the Ancient Persian War and been a Spartan or Athenian. That way I might've actually died with a free choice in a free land.
    I can see where your coming from. But has there ever been a time when you could be 'free'?

    There have always been laws in which people could have to go by, no matter what age, every age had it's horrors, the only difference is the technology used to create these horrors, peoples beliefs and different ways of thinking.

    But, when I really think about, would I really want to live in another time? I don't think so. Being a women, I have rights, I can vote, I can scream and shout about whatever I want and not get carted away to jail.

    We live in a world where food and water is readily available to many people, we don't live under the rule of terrible tyrants or have to live up to social norms, or even a world where your life is planned out for you before your even born. We have great medical advance, we dont have to suffer.

    But it's just sad that not everybody can live with this even in this age. I guess unfortunatly, that it might always be that way.

  4. #28
    ~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    small little hick town
    Posts
    521
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts

    Re: Ever feel like you were born in the wrong century?

    I wouldn't of been happy in another century I'm to independent to fit in. Don't get me wrong I love the old tales of nights in shining armer sweeping a girl off her feet and all but I also like everything that I have now. So I would have to say that I was born in the correct century.

  5. #29
    Banned Big Bird Hunting Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Buzzer Champion, Book Worm Champion, Dragonfly Champion, Add It Up Champion, Trivial Blitz 2 Champion KimiFemi is off to a good start KimiFemi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    So many places... I cant remember ...
    Posts
    481
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: Ever feel like you were born in the wrong century?

    Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Actually, the ancient world was plagued by STDs... and back then, a case of syphilis was a death sentence.

    Be glad you live in an age of condoms and cures.
    your right
    we do have cures now that they didnt have back in those days
    but we also have more forms of STDs now than ever and a lot of them still dont have cures (HIV/AIDS/Herpes...) I'm sure there are others and I'm not an expert on this but once you get one of these there are no cures and so what does it matter if you are in this century or another less advanced one?
    Besides no matter what century you are born in you have the option of abstinence (no need for condoms if your not screwing around)

    I still would rather have been born some other time way before the nueclear bombs and war planes were invented
    there is no perfect time to be in but now even with the cures and knowledgable doctors and dentist who dont simply pull out your teeth
    and life expectincy being twice as much than it was hundreds of years ago
    there is more danger for the next generation than ever before
    would you want your kids growing up in this time knowing
    that our countries are on the brink of another world war and a unexpected bomb is but the push of a button away
    or that drugs sex and alcohol abuse is being introduced to children in elementary schools and that every show on tv has and underlining message of sex or violence and children fall prey to online predators all the time?
    I dont know maybe I'm over reacting but I just feel like as the years progress this world is going to the crapper faster and faster and if given the chance I would gladly be born in some other less dangerous time I'd give up my freedom for boredom if it came with safety for me and my family

  6. #30
    Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York.
    Posts
    2,005
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

    Re: Ever feel like you were born in the wrong century?

    Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    I can see where your coming from. But has there ever been a time when you could be 'free'?

    There have always been laws in which people could have to go by, no matter what age, every age had it's horrors, the only difference is the technology used to create these horrors, peoples beliefs and different ways of thinking.

    But, when I really think about, would I really want to live in another time? I don't think so. Being a women, I have rights, I can vote, I can scream and shout about whatever I want and not get carted away to jail.

    We live in a world where food and water is readily available to many people, we don't live under the rule of terrible tyrants or have to live up to social norms, or even a world where your life is planned out for you before your even born. We have great medical advance, we dont have to suffer.

    But it's just sad that not everybody can live with this even in this age. I guess unfortunatly, that it might always be that way.
    Yes...I can see your reasoning in this. I suppose you're right...there's not really a time when people were "free." [Except the Stone age?] And nowadays, you are right, Women have much more rights than even 100 years ago. I believe that all people are equal, which wasn't something we had so long ago. If people were equal back then, it would've been better in so many ways, no? There are still so many things in this world left incomplete or not even taken the first step towards solving, whereas back then people chose to go into their own deaths, or ended wars much faster. I suppose that's the unavoidable that nothing will be perfect...which may be what I long for. A space int ime when life was truly "perfect" .
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

  7. #31
    Otaku Donkey Kong Champion boldragon may be famous one day boldragon may be famous one day boldragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    My home, where you never know is at
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Ever feel like you were born in the wrong century?

    Well, not really, i feel great to be in this century. But some days i do feel a little out of place, well maybe everyone does. ^_^

  8. #32
    is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Mr. Foxie's Den...
    Posts
    1,695
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 42 Times in 37 Posts

    Re: Ever feel like you were born in the wrong century?

    ^_^ i'm happy in the time i am now, i have the love of my life and all the great things i could want...

    living back in the day would be simpler, but it was also more about survival as well, there wasn't much time for games or friends... it was all about where your next meal was coming from and if your job was going to be there in the morning... even to the 70s and 80s people were still living this way, and a few live that way today...

    every century, decade or whatever has always been marked by war and strife, the only thing that's changed is the weapons we use and the people it affects...

    ^_^ so i'm quite content with the time and space i am in now, however, going back to 15¢ for burger, 10¢ for fries, and 10¢ for a coke would be nice! but then again, how long did you have to work to get that money too...

    T_T money... sad sad sad


    props to Tsurara on the numerous burns in this thread!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. a child born
    By princesslady in forum Poems
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Aug 26, 2006, 04:04 PM
  2. how would u know how i feel?
    By setsuna mudo1617 in forum Poems
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Aug 18, 2006, 05:00 PM
  3. kunoichi in 21st century
    By ChamaTama in forum Poems
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2006, 02:58 AM
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: Mar 13, 2006, 03:25 PM
  5. Choice? Or born with it?
    By JustLoseIt in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: Jan 02, 2006, 04:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts