+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 19

Thread: Are fast food places getting too greedy?

  1. #9
    Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Friendly Fridley
    Posts
    1,477
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 140 Times in 121 Posts

    Re: are fast food place getting too greedy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Rain107 View Post
    Actually, the interesting part about fast food is that they place stuff in it to make you come back. So those odd cravings you might have around 9:00PM or so... lol Of course THIS is just a rumor, but i wouldn't doubt it if that rumor was true. It is a way to get people to come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artistic Anarchy View Post
    The thing they put in the food is large heaping spoonfulls of salt and glucose. It's all comfort food and that's why people constantly come back, Billions served and fooled.
    I've always insisted it was crack. lol... No but seriously, I'm not sure its all fast food... there IS something different about McDonalds... some strange addictive quality. Because I swear, there are more McDonalds fiends nationally (possibly globally). They would probably have to giver there special deal based on there 'secret additive'.. Yep.. A penny per ounce of cocaine.
    ... Not Ever Again...

  2. #10
    Newbie Eternal Rain107 is off to a good start Eternal Rain107's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: are fast food place getting too greedy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    I've always insisted it was crack. lol... No but seriously, I'm not sure its all fast food... there IS something different about McDonalds... some strange addictive quality. Because I swear, there are more McDonalds fiends nationally (possibly globally). They would probably have to giver there special deal based on there 'secret additive'.. Yep.. A penny per ounce of cocaine.
    Funny, McDonald's is using cocaine and KFC is using steroids in their chicken! lol!

  3. #11
    Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ohtori Academy
    Posts
    693
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 51 Times in 44 Posts

    Re: are fast food place getting too greedy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Rain107 View Post
    Actually, the interesting part about fast food is that they place stuff in it to make you come back. So those odd cravings you might have around 9:00PM or so... lol Of course THIS is just a rumor, but i wouldn't doubt it if that rumor was true. It is a way to get people to come back.
    So I married an Axe Murderer is totally the first thing I thought of:

    Stuart Mackenzie: Well, it's a well known fact, Sonny Jim, that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows.

    Tony Giardino: So who's in this Pentavirate?

    Stuart Mackenzie: The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went tits up. Oh, I hated the Colonel with is wee *beady* eyes, and that smug look on his face. "Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken! Ohhhhh!"

    Charlie Mackenzie: Dad, how can you hate "The Colonel"?

    Stuart Mackenzie: Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes ya crave it fortnightly, smartass!

  4. #12
    Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    474
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts

    Re: are fast food place getting too greedy?

    I don't areggre with it because of this question that i have
    Why make everyone pay for clories when some people don't have to worry about clories or fat because some people have a "goku tummy" they can eat what they want to and not gain weight like me i have a goku tummy..

  5. #13
    Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Feudal Era
    Posts
    349
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 35 Times in 31 Posts

    Re: are fast food place getting too greedy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Grave Heat View Post
    I don't areggre with it because of this question that i have
    Why make everyone pay for clories when some people don't have to worry about clories or fat because some people have a "goku tummy" they can eat what they want to and not gain weight like me i have a goku tummy..
    I don't quite understand your question, but even if I did I don't think it would make any sense then, please explain? =/

    They make them pay for calories because they want to be crafty and make more money, the sin of greed is alive and well within the industry.

  6. #14
    Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    474
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts

    Re: are fast food place getting too greedy?

    Originally Posted by Brandon Grave Heat
    I don't areggre with it because of this question that i have
    Why make everyone pay for clories when some people don't have to worry about clories or fat because some people have a "goku tummy" they can eat what they want to and not gain weight like me i have a goku tummy..

    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Correction

    I Disagree with that satement with this question Why are fast food place Making All kinds of people pay for calories?, when there are some people like me who have Goku tummys which means People are super skinny and eat what even they like and not get fat or worry about calories and when did america become heath conscious about food any way?

  7. #15
    super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    oh canada
    Posts
    647
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts

    Re: are fast food place getting too greedy?

    You know, it's actually been proven that by adding healthy elements to a menu it encourages the sale of other higher priced and often more unhealthy foods than what is being advertised to begin with. Basically the presence of specially prepared, totally taboo salads (and in general greasless meat) allow the avid food lover to feel good about themselves for buying the Triple Quarter-Mac because they have the choice to buy the salad. Such brilliant marketing :S

    However, this whole calorie business made me smile. I let myself eat whatever I want in any quantity because I was blessed with a good metabolism but I also know it's not hard to burn off any unwanted extras. A regular meal from McDonald's can be solved by going the Y and getting good and sweaty ;D though it does help to have a good diet outside of fast food.

    People always say that if you ever work at any place like McD's you would learn to hate the food... I started liking it more cause it was free.

    As long as you manage to get some useful food into your system regularly and keep fine tuning your body you can eat whatever you like.. also, you don't have to be all gonzo about the diet thing. I know some people can't manage an exercise plan but there's really no need to stress at all. If you aren't active enough to burn what you consume maybe you should consider becoming more active in the first place, diet aside?

    ParticiPaction people!
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

  8. #16
    Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    474
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts

    Re: are fast food place getting too greedy?

    Ture but Seafood and mexican food places make me sick,and some of them are know for food posion like taco bell that is why I enjoy burger places and chinaesse places are the best, and i don't have to worry about fat or none of that other stuff.
    Last edited by Brandon Grave Heat; Dec 10, 2009 at 05:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Fast Food Failure
    By Peach_follows in forum Peach_follows' Journal
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Dec 03, 2009, 08:27 PM
  2. Favorite Fast Food hangout
    By simpleok in forum Cyber Lounge
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: Mar 29, 2007, 06:16 AM
  3. should people be able to sue fast food restaraunts?
    By sangogirl in forum Cyber Lounge
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: Mar 15, 2007, 12:43 AM
  4. Which Fast Food place to you dine in the most?
    By BlackRoze in forum Cyber Lounge
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: Sep 29, 2006, 02:42 PM
  5. what fast food resturant is the best?
    By name one in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jul 22, 2005, 08:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts