+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are fast food places getting too greedy?

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: are fast food place getting too greedy?

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Rain107 View Post
    Actually, the interesting part about fast food is that they place stuff in it to make you come back. So those odd cravings you might have around 9:00PM or so... lol Of course THIS is just a rumor, but i wouldn't doubt it if that rumor was true. It is a way to get people to come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artistic Anarchy View Post
    The thing they put in the food is large heaping spoonfulls of salt and glucose. It's all comfort food and that's why people constantly come back, Billions served and fooled.
    I've always insisted it was crack. lol... No but seriously, I'm not sure its all fast food... there IS something different about McDonalds... some strange addictive quality. Because I swear, there are more McDonalds fiends nationally (possibly globally). They would probably have to giver there special deal based on there 'secret additive'.. Yep.. A penny per ounce of cocaine.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Newbie Eternal Rain107 is off to a good start Eternal Rain107's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    I've always insisted it was crack. lol... No but seriously, I'm not sure its all fast food... there IS something different about McDonalds... some strange addictive quality. Because I swear, there are more McDonalds fiends nationally (possibly globally). They would probably have to giver there special deal based on there 'secret additive'.. Yep.. A penny per ounce of cocaine.
    Funny, McDonald's is using cocaine and KFC is using steroids in their chicken! lol!

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Rain107 View Post
    Actually, the interesting part about fast food is that they place stuff in it to make you come back. So those odd cravings you might have around 9:00PM or so... lol Of course THIS is just a rumor, but i wouldn't doubt it if that rumor was true. It is a way to get people to come back.
    So I married an Axe Murderer is totally the first thing I thought of:

Stuart Mackenzie: Well, it's a well known fact, Sonny Jim, that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows.

Tony Giardino: So who's in this Pentavirate?

Stuart Mackenzie: The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went tits up. Oh, I hated the Colonel with is wee *beady* eyes, and that smug look on his face. "Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken! Ohhhhh!"

Charlie Mackenzie: Dad, how can you hate "The Colonel"?

Stuart Mackenzie: Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes ya crave it fortnightly, smartass!

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

I don't areggre with it because of this question that i have
    Why make everyone pay for clories when some people don't have to worry about clories or fat because some people have a "goku tummy" they can eat what they want to and not gain weight like me i have a goku tummy..

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Grave Heat View Post
    Why make everyone pay for clories when some people don't have to worry about clories or fat because some people have a "goku tummy" they can eat what they want to and not gain weight like me i have a goku tummy..
    I don't quite understand your question, but even if I did I don't think it would make any sense then, please explain? =/

They make them pay for calories because they want to be crafty and make more money, the sin of greed is alive and well within the industry.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Brandon Grave Heat

__________________________________________________ ________________________
    Correction

I Disagree with that satement with this question Why are fast food place Making All kinds of people pay for calories?, when there are some people like me who have Goku tummys which means People are super skinny and eat what even they like and not get fat or worry about calories and when did america become heath conscious about food any way?

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

You know, it's actually been proven that by adding healthy elements to a menu it encourages the sale of other higher priced and often more unhealthy foods than what is being advertised to begin with. Basically the presence of specially prepared, totally taboo salads (and in general greasless meat) allow the avid food lover to feel good about themselves for buying the Triple Quarter-Mac because they have the choice to buy the salad. Such brilliant marketing :S

However, this whole calorie business made me smile. I let myself eat whatever I want in any quantity because I was blessed with a good metabolism but I also know it's not hard to burn off any unwanted extras. A regular meal from McDonald's can be solved by going the Y and getting good and sweaty ;D though it does help to have a good diet outside of fast food.

People always say that if you ever work at any place like McD's you would learn to hate the food... I started liking it more cause it was free.

As long as you manage to get some useful food into your system regularly and keep fine tuning your body you can eat whatever you like.. also, you don't have to be all gonzo about the diet thing. I know some people can't manage an exercise plan but there's really no need to stress at all. If you aren't active enough to burn what you consume maybe you should consider becoming more active in the first place, diet aside?

ParticiPaction people!
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Thanks

Ture but Seafood and mexican food places make me sick,and some of them are know for food posion like taco bell that is why I enjoy burger places and chinaesse places are the best, and i don't have to worry about fat or none of that other stuff.
    Last edited by Brandon Grave Heat; Dec 10, 2009 at 05:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast