+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Book

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Favorite Book

I have a series - 'The Tomorrow' series by John Marsden. I mean who doesn't like to read about their own country being taken over by unknown enemy forces? And then read about how a group of teenagers kick a***, while still managing to be typical teenagers. Awesome read.

But I also have to say that 'Little Women' by Louisa Mat Alcott, is one of my favourites as well. I never would have though that an action reader like me would love a book like this and show so much emotion while reading it. Good stuff.

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

Well, my absolute favorite for books would have to be "Homeland" by R.A. Salvatore. While some of his earlier books almost seemed a bit cliche(I suppose one has to start with the basics), this book was a masterpiece. It was cruel and dark in it's depiction of the drow elves in an equally sinister underground society. It had characters who filled in various shades of grey on the moral compass(I love neutral characters in a plot, as it always seems more realistic to me). What more, it had emotion, and some possible philosophical insights written at the beginning of each chapter. Drizzt Do'Urden(the main character) is really quite an insightful elf, and although this particular book was a prequel to the actual story, I found this to be far more in-depth and wonderous than even his later adventures.

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

DEAN KOONTZ

so much of his work is just amazing. intensity and the taking are simply sexyful books that offer so much to the reader. hope especially.

this guy should have a license to peddle hope man.

sci-fi, mystery, suspense, drama, bits of fantasy, comedy. thats about it.

a recommend something by this man or terry brooks. excellent authors, jeffrey archer is good too. for romance, if thats your thing, elizabeth thornton or candace camp. medevil times writers.

to answer the question, my favorite book is intensity. the only book i've been able to read more than twice, more than four times. i'm at six when next i read it.

chyna shepherd, untouched and alive.,, and able to pee.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

1."The Legend Of The Dragon Prince" Such a wonderfule book! Most people think it's a kid book because of the title, but the fact is that it's 1,084 pages of pure 18+ reading! It took me about a week to read it, and I absolutely loved it very much! The character descriptions, the plot, it's so much more challenging then Harry Potter can ever get! I recomend this book to anyone who loves challenging stories!

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Newbie sreeja is off to a good start
    Thanks

My favourite books are
    A Passage to India Edward Morgan Forster
    A Prayer for Owen Meany John Irving
    A World Turned Over Lorian Hemingway

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh, there's this book I've started reading... and became one of my faves.

It's actually a trilogy... "The Withern Rise Trilogy."

I only read the first book, A Crack in the Line. It's like an alter ego or alternative universe and stuff. It's really cool. It's by Michael Lawrence.

abc
    Newbie abc is off to a good start abc's Avatar
    Thanks

My favorite book of all time is the red tent
    Its a book that brings some of the biblical stories back to life. it doesnt tell it in a way that the bible tells it, this time the story is foretold by Jacob's only daughter, Dinah.
    Few people may know who she is but in the bible (i dont remember what chapter it is right now, that she was raped)
    However, she tells the story in her point of view and what really happened, and what it was like groig up with her 12 brothers and her mother and mther aunties.
    Its kind of fictional in a sense but there are surprises in every page. I could not put down the book for one second, i stayed up all hours in the nght reading it. I cant remember the author but its a real must-read book!

Newbie soulidiumgirl is off to a good start soulidiumgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    Also another one of my favorites would have to be the Dark-Hunter series written by Sherrilyn Kenyon because she has everything from vampires to demons to werewolves to witches in those series and the books have an amazing plot...
    I 100% agree there. She is by far one of my favorite authors right now. I'm addicted to her Dark-Hunter series of books. Her characters are extremely complex and none of her stories are the same. Her characters are so diverse that I always get a kick out of every story. That and I love her sense of humor.....

Simi: "I want to cover the human in barbeque sauce. There is nothing like a crunchy barbeque human wings."

Simi is the Daughter/Pet demon of Asheron. She's highly amusing...but yeah I love her stories too. The plot lines are amazing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast