Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Favorite drinks

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Favorite drinks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheza View Post
    Although I do prefer Tequila over anything! But like the true tequila, the one still with the worm inside.
    That would be Mezcal, wouldn't it? I was in Puerta Vallarta a few years back and took a tour around some small towns and a tequila factory, and they made a point of telling us that while tequila and mezcal are made from the same type of plant (agave), only mezcal should have the worm in it. But I definitely agree, good Mexican tequila is nothing like the crap you get here (they also pointed out that no one in Mexico drinks Cuervo, they consider it the worst and only for export. ).

Mezcal vs Tequila (says that tequila can be considered a form of mezcal, but the opposite isn't true)
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

Have any of you ever tried true cream ale, not the stuff you get at supermarkets. It's actually not bad and I usually don't go for those kinds of drinks. I like some of the specialty beers that come out around Christmas time too.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    That would be Mezcal, wouldn't it? I was in Puerta Vallarta a few years back and took a tour around some small towns and a tequila factory, and they made a point of telling us that while tequila and mezcal are made from the same type of plant (agave), only mezcal should have the worm in it. But I definitely agree, good Mexican tequila is nothing like the crap you get here (they also pointed out that no one in Mexico drinks Cuervo, they consider it the worst and only for export. ).

Mezcal vs Tequila (says that tequila can be considered a form of mezcal, but the opposite isn't true)
    As in actual worms?? SO do they preserve the worms or something to get the taste or what is it for??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    As in actual worms?? SO do they preserve the worms or something to get the taste or what is it for??
    yeah, i think it's honeslty for no reason at all. i also belive its more like a meal worm than an earthworm. i think its more or less a tradition and serves no purpuse, other than tell if you got drunk enough off the bottle to eat it when you get down there.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Newbie Zatoichi is off to a good start Zatoichi's Avatar
    Thanks

hell yeah! I've been just driknin beer lately but my favorite is homebrew saki my dad used to make and I'd sneek it but he's not making it anymore
    but that would rank as my favorite.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    From the link:

The Worm

Unlike Tequila, some Mezcal Brands have a worm inside their bottles. The belief that the worm grants aprhodisiac powers comes from prehispanic cultures. The worm lives inside the agave plant and it can be of two types: white or red depending on the place of the plant from which is obtained.

The worms live in the agave plant and are hand-harvested during the rainy summer season. They are stored in mezcal, drained and sorted, and placed in bottles near the end of the process. The worm is what makes mezcal unique; it is added as a reminder that it comes from the plant from which the alcohol is made. Like the drink itself, the worm is something of an acquired taste.
    Legend, you never heard of the worm?? It's been a while since I've seen one in the bottle, but I recall them being long and thin, kind of gross looking.
    Last edited by gren; May 10, 2008 at 06:17 PM.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Otaku Kazaf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I never had a worm. I want to see what all fuss is about tho. I'm assuming it will get you drunk off your A$$ almost instantly.

But I usually drink hard alcohol. I don't really enjoy beer too much. Kamikazes are my current fav drink tho.

Otaku Haruko Haruhara is off to a good start Haruko Haruhara's Avatar
    Thanks

The reason I will never drink Tequila is because of the worm.
    If I wanted to eat a bug I would eat those candy things made with worms in them.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast