+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Warrior of Old Japan

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Favorite Warrior of Old Japan

Whow is your favorite warrior from Japanese Antiquity. We all have one. Be it shugyosha, samurai, or shinobi. So who is it. Do you love Jubei, do you admire all the myths that surround Hattori Honzo. The Yangyu clan and its many numerous brave swordsman of the Yamato. Tell us who do you love baby. My favorite warrior was the shugyosha known to americans as Miyamoto Musashi. His bout with Kojiro was a modern david verse goliath. To think that he did that only over 400 years ago. It was a duel for the ages. Of course it was one of 60 such fights that he was in, and like many ended in death. Miyamoto I salute you.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Favorite Warrior of Old Japan

OOOOohooohohohohoho!!!!!
    I loooooove the one-eyed dragon himself, Date Masamune! He lost his eye to disease and took over the "family business" at age 18. Okay, well, he small pox would've killed him if it took his eye, so he gouged out his eye. I'm actually getting a mini Date clan flag for my desk. This guy was around in the Edo period and led his first campaign at age 14. He was allied with the Tokugawa and Toyotomi clans and when Ieyasu (Tokugawa) was on his death bed, Masamune read him some Zen poetry. He was also a Christian and allowed people to come and preach in his province and freed a missionary from the Tokugawa's prison. He's the Yin and Yang that I am - tough with a deep soft side.

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

i love ~ Samurais XD like i love them to death , they are strong and great and cute in a way ^.- lol ...
    i love the style of the samurai and they way they fight , that is why i LOVE the movie <<Last Samurai>> by Tom Cruise Nyaaa ~ ... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Rose View Post
    i love ~ Samurais XD like i love them to death , they are strong and great and cute in a way ^.- lol ...
    i love the style of the samurai and they way they fight , that is why i LOVE the movie <<Last Samurai>> by Tom Cruise Nyaaa ~ ... =^_^=
    Of all the samurai who is your favorite? I personally liked the lower class warriors but have to give proper respects to Saigo Takamori, who fought well out numbered. Look him up at the battle of shiroyama, it was brutal.

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Of all the samurai who is your favorite? I personally liked the lower class warriors but have to give proper respects to Saigo Takamori, who fought well out numbered. Look him up at the battle of shiroyama, it was brutal.
    well XD i like all samurais really i don't have a favorite one ... or to tell the truth i didn't know that there is types of samurais o.O lol .... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Sun Tzu, he was a strong Japanese military commander and also author of the book titled "The Art of War". That's some strong literature.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Artistic Anarchy View Post
    Sun Tzu, he was a strong Japanese military commander and also author of the book titled "The Art of War". That's some strong literature.
    Actually, Sun Tzu was a Chinese military strategist and philosopher...

My own personal favorite is the philosopher author of the 'Book of 5 Rings', Miyamoto Musashi, who started out as the son of a peasant farmer, and earned his way to become one of the most famous and admired Samurai of his era.

Miyamoto Musashi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

Sun Tzu was a good strategist but Lenmiyata is certainly correct that however good he was not Japanese. He was best known as a tactician, it would only be interesting to see him fight if he had an army. Him verses Honzo in a clash of evenly matched opponents would be good. But individually got to believe there are a lot of warriors who can beat him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast