+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighting for Space

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Fighting for Space

LET THE RACE BEGINE!! In all fairness the reality is that as of now there are only two places close enough to Earth for us to migrate to any time soon. One being the moon and the second is Mars. Mercury is to close to the sun and is more or less a scorched space potato and the surface of Venice is like that of hell, volcanoes and lava flows every where that cover the entire planet. (The very thought of the saying "men are from Mars and women are from Venice" makes me laugh.) ANY WAY... I agree with Eria, there will be a lot of disputes and arguments but no war. Another reason why there wont be a space battle is because REAL space ships don’t fly and zip around performing amazing acrobatics like you see in games, movies, TV shows, or in most books because of the lack of friction so the laws of physics say, what ever is put into motion stays in motion until an equal and opposite force is acted upon it. But there is no opposite force in space. Plus there is no air or any thing else to help maneuver around in. We really have no way to maneuvering in space, the best we have is vectoring thrusters and maneuvering jets we could put on to said war ship, but even then it would be slow and very difficult to maneuver around. The movement for the space craft would be very sluggish. If any one has played any of the Home World games would know how slow ships are in turning in that game other then fighters and such and the movement of any real ship would be similar to that. Small space craft wouldn’t work for combat either simply because of their small size, missiles wouldn’t be practical is space unless they were searisly over hauled or used as dumb fire weapons but everything and every one would me moving at hundreds of miles an hour so that wouldn’t really work to well. Ballistics wouldn’t work to well either, not because they wouldn’t work, but rather because the recoil would destabilize the small craft. Then there are lasers. But lasers need a large power sores and a fighter would be too small to house it so in all fighters wouldn’t be practical at all. The smallest thing that we would see would probably be that of a Destroyer that could house lasers and fire ballistic weapons with out to much problem at all and possibly fire a large modified missile. Also the larger ships would have heavier armor because space would be a hell of a lot more dangerous then the oceans so even if fighters were some how to work, their weapons wouldn’t penetrate the larger ships hulls unless they were modified as a type of bomber. Which then you would need fighters to intercept and to counter other fighters. But that’s if we could get something of that small of a size to carry something large enough to damage a larger ship. So we could very well see the reemergence of the battle ship.

But in the end there will likely be no wars simply because this time it will be in all fairness, who ever gets to the planet or a moon first lays clame to it unless they were nice enough to share the planet. Also to wage a war across space would be very very very expense.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Wow, lol. I didn't mean to say that we will have war in space, haha. That's like, Star Wars sh!t.. but I don't think it will be first come first serve. Because that's retarded. It does make sense that there will be discussions and disputes and whatnot, but come on.. when has quiet talking NOT turned into war? Or some kind of combat something to prove otherwise? Something is going to happen, and I doubt it will be the 'first come, first serve' philosophy.
    Last edited by The White Wolf; Jun 09, 2008 at 09:18 AM.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually it will be. But like I said if who ever gained said planet/moon first lays claim to it, but as said before they will very well share but would probably have to come to an agreement and terms. If they don't come to an agreement then they could cry all they want and throw a big tantrum but they can't do anything about it. Having a war on Earth would be kind of dumb if the area you are fighting for is on Mars because territorial wars are fought in that area you are trying to gain and secure. And war ships will be involved if they try to land troops on the planet/moon in order to stop them and or try to push through the blockade. How ever they could try to put the squeeze on another country here on Earth and try to start a war or flex their military muscle into bulling the country around. But the world community will most likely tell them to have their little skirmish some where else. Bringing a whole new meaning to taking it out side.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Pretty much, scurge is right. the moon, methinks, is tecnically ours, since america has the only flag on it. (half joking)

as for nearby space itself, who knows? it will probably be owned by everyone, as in the UN (which really isnt "everyone", but you get my point.)

and i belive that there will end up being colonies on planets and such. Cristopher Colombus didnt capture all of the new world in one swoop.

however, i belive there will be a lot of "all your base are belong to us" kinda things going on, when a population "mysteriously" dies off and someone else come to take their place...

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Thanks

Well space it's self will be treated like the world's open oceans in that no one controls them and there for are unregulated so it would make sense if space would be treated the same way.

Otaku cojoe5 is off to a good start
    Thanks

i agree with you scourge, space can not be own it belongs everyone
    Assistant Commander *Master Ninja*

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

And German just loves them nuclear weapons.. ha
    ok I have to ask what was that bull sh*t about???? what were you think posting that???? ya know people in germany are not all like hitler!!!!!

ok now thats over with...
    america has or is going to make planes that can fly in space... well not like spaceships but like fighter planes and stuff... so there is going to be a lot of wars in the future and most likely some in space 0.0
    death and life are one and the same

Thanks

And like the worlds Oceans, piracy will eventualy be a problem and thus we will have pirets in space.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast