+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finally! a chick that doesn't give me any sass

Otaku Evol may be famous one day Evol may be famous one day Evol's Avatar
    Thanks

Finally! a chick that doesn't give me any sass

Soooooo....yeah...who wants to shell out a couple grand for a life-size anime doll? o_O; *stabs eyes out*

Tokyo Anime Center to Hold 'Life-Size Figure Party'
    posted on 2007-11-29 07:08 EST
    20-30 1/1-scale figures, including Eva's Rei, Fate/stay night's Saber
    Not-So-Daily Link of the Day: The Tokyo Anime Center in the otaku district of Akihabara has announced that it will hold a "Life-Size Figure Party" from December 2 to December 14. The event will have 20 to 30 1/1-scale figures from the dollmaker Paper Moon. Among those on display will be the life-size figures of Rei and Asuka from Evangelion, Saber from Fate/stay night, Sakura from Sakura Wars, and Al from Demonbane. Paper Moon has displayed its figures at conventions and events, but not in a regular gallery and in these numbers.
    The anime center also notes that visitors can purchase a figure right at the center's official shop. Paper Moon dolls range in price from 200,000 to 480,000 yen (about US$1,800 to US$4,500).
    On a not-so-coincidental note, Japanese resident Danny Choo notes (link is not safe for the workplace) that a doctor of public health in Japan's Gifu Prefecture attributes the country's decline in both condom sales and abortions among teenagers to young males' preference for 2D girls. According to the Chunichi Shimbun paper, Dr. Shinya Iwamuro of the Japanese Association for the Development of Community Medicine's Health Promotion Research Center said, "Young men not having sex is one of the main reasons. They don't want to get hurt [by being dumped by human girls], so they never advance past the 2D world." Dr. Iwamuro's professional opinion on 3D figures is unknown.
    File photo of Paper Moon's 20th Anniversary Festival © Paper Moon Inc. All rights reserved. Fate/stay night © Type-Moon/Fate Project
    Apparently they are all the rage as girlfriend replacements according to the good doctor.

Source: Tokyo Anime Center to Hold 'Life-Size Figure Party' - Anime News Network
    Last edited by Evol; Dec 03, 2007 at 02:30 PM.

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Finally! a chick that doesn't give me any sass

hmmm, very interesting.
    Thank you for sharing this. If they were not so pricey I would totally buy one. If it were along the lines of something like Chi from Chobits then I would totally buy one....but unfortunately that is not for a number of years.

Pretty weird reading that young men are not having sex. Totally unlike here in the US.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know whether to laugh because it's sad, or laugh because I kinda want one, LOL.

I don't know about girlfriend replacement, but it would be somethin' nice to have around the house. Although the idea of havin' a woman around the house that doesn't have an additude sounds nice, ha ha ha!!!

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

it isnt weird that young guys dont want to have sex its wierd that the guys in the us do when there more to life than see a pretty girl in tight clothing or some junk, though
    this doll idea is more like a sex doll you can buy in any adult store and yes i say sex doll becuase its being called a replacement for girl friends
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

it isnt weird that young guys dont want to have sex its wierd that the guys in the us do when there more to life than see a pretty girl in tight clothing or some junk, though this doll idea is more like a sex doll you can buy in any adult store and yes i say sex doll becuase its being called a replacement for girl friends

I definitely find it weird that boys and girls in the US have sex more often and at early ages. I am just amazed at the difference the culture.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i think it happens more in the us is becuase the parents are
    judt dumb i mean if parents were more invloved there wouldt
    be as much sex in the us by young kids.

this doll is a perfect example of parents being more
    inlvoed in other countries better than in the us
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

As freaky as it sounds and looks it's not much different than having a life size darth vader inside your house. Of course if you are a rich person with a larger house and has a life, then having these dolls wouldn't make you look as bad. However, if you are some geek with an apartment then people tend to make judgments lol.

Bet you if they sell lifesize figures of Bleach vice-captains and captains they would sell like hot cakes.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Evol may be famous one day Evol may be famous one day Evol's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    As freaky as it sounds and looks it's not much different than having a life size darth vader inside your house. Of course if you are a rich person with a larger house and has a life, then having these dolls wouldn't make you look as bad. However, if you are some geek with an apartment then people tend to make judgments lol.

Bet you if they sell lifesize figures of Bleach vice-captains and captains they would sell like hot cakes.
    Good point. Personally I don't find the collection of oversized figures offensive or anything. To each his own. I just think there should be a limit to scale at some point otherwise you get into some weird territory. Thats just me though...on second thought I'm probably being a total hypocrite :P

+ Reply to Thread