+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: First anime convention!!

  1. #1
    Otaku superstar9156 is off to a good start superstar9156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The World of Vampires
    Posts
    196
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    First anime convention!!

    Today i went to my very first anime convention called the Zenkaikon. it was sooooo much fun!i spent like 50 bucks there and took pics of the cosplayers. my cosplay was a Ouran Highschool student. but everyone else cosplay was soo much better then mines.i hoping tht next years convention will be even more fun then today.
    So i was wondering, have u ever went to an anime convention? if so, did u cosplay?

    A Soul Needs a Purpose to Live.- Gaara

  2. #2
    Newbie HaruhiSuoh is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: First anime convention!!

    Quote Originally Posted by superstar9156 View Post
    Today i went to my very first anime convention called the Zenkaikon. it was sooooo much fun!i spent like 50 bucks there and took pics of the cosplayers. my cosplay was a Ouran Highschool student. but everyone else cosplay was soo much better then mines.i hoping tht next years convention will be even more fun then today.
    So i was wondering, have u ever went to an anime convention? if so, did u cosplay?
    Hi! I went to my first convention (Aki Con) last November. I cosplayed as Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran High School Host Club ^_^
    I'm actually getting ready for my second convention which is going to be next month (Sakura Con) I'm so excited! Anime conventions have such great atmosphere don't they? And you get to meet the coolest people. It's especially great for people like me who don't have any friends that like anime so it's a great chance to meet people with similar interests.

  3. #3
    Newbie Detective Ryuzaki is off to a good start Detective Ryuzaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kanto Region of Japan
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: First anime convention!!

    I went to my first convention in October. I was surprised how many anime lovers there really were over by where I live. I used to get teased for it, but there were at least 10,000 others there who shared my passion. I loved that convention. I didn't cosplay, mainly because I had just gotten started and didn't have a favorite character. Then after it was over, I saw Death Note for the first time and became obsessed with L. I'm going as him this year and probably every year after that as well! He is my all time favorite.

  4. #4
    Newbie HaruhiSuoh is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: First anime convention!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Detective Ryuzaki View Post
    I went to my first convention in October. I was surprised how many anime lovers there really were over by where I live. I used to get teased for it, but there were at least 10,000 others there who shared my passion. I loved that convention. I didn't cosplay, mainly because I had just gotten started and didn't have a favorite character. Then after it was over, I saw Death Note for the first time and became obsessed with L. I'm going as him this year and probably every year after that as well! He is my all time favorite.
    MINE TOO! I love L. I found Death Note last May (I'm coming up on my one year anniversary ^_^) and I've watched it 6 times since then. I was just getting into anime again after being away from it for a long time and Death Note was like the third show I saw. L is my all time favorite anime character and I'm cosplaying as him to Sakura Con next month! I'm glad to find another L fan ^_^

  5. #5
    Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Posts
    3,804
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 61 Times in 56 Posts

    Re: First anime convention!!

    Well in my place I went to one once last year.. a convention called Comic Fiesta... :3 it was my first time embedded into otaku culture and see the hype through my own eyes... I took some photos of the figures that were on sale and display that day... :3 I need a better camera.. and oh.. the girls working were super hot... model class o.o"

    I swear their smile really did melt my heart~ ahhh~ xD jk.. I'm not that weak :3

    Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

  6. #6
    Otaku superstar9156 is off to a good start superstar9156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The World of Vampires
    Posts
    196
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Re: First anime convention!!

    Quote Originally Posted by HaruhiSuoh View Post
    Hi! I went to my first convention (Aki Con) last November. I cosplayed as Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran High School Host Club ^_^
    I'm actually getting ready for my second convention which is going to be next month (Sakura Con) I'm so excited! Anime conventions have such great atmosphere don't they? And you get to meet the coolest people. It's especially great for people like me who don't have any friends that like anime so it's a great chance to meet people with similar interests.
    theres not a lot of anime convention where i live, but i'm totally going to another if its close by. [smiles]. Thats sooo cool tht we cosplay the same anime. thts awsome! i next the voice actors of Karoru[ hikaru's twin] and Tamaki. i was so happi

    A Soul Needs a Purpose to Live.- Gaara

  7. #7
    Newbie TheDarknesInTheLight is off to a good start TheDarknesInTheLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: First anime convention!!

    i have been to quite a bit of cons iv only cosplayed once and i went as Riku from Kingdom Hearts 2 in the orginization 13 outfit with the blindfold and omg so many glomps my back still hurts and this was from like 3 years ago so i now i kinda hide out but still get a glomp every once in a while from the people that remember so just remember when cosplaying with great cosplay comes great back pain =D
    The closer you get the light the greater your darkness becomes...


+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. MTAC Anime Convention 08
    By Xelhes in forum Anime
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 28, 2008, 12:33 PM
  2. My First Anime Convention!!!^_^
    By Reaper66 in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Mar 26, 2006, 12:17 AM
  3. Anime Convention whoot!
    By Rock_Star_Shuichi in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Aug 31, 2005, 05:43 AM
  4. Anime Convention
    By Grizzley in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: May 15, 2005, 01:57 PM
  5. Anime Convention
    By SamuraiDude128 in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 03, 2005, 05:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts