+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Forthcoming generation and humour.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Forthcoming generation and humour.

Hello C
    CL'ers and AO'ers

We all know that we are the future generation, and the thought of it scares me.
    Why? Because as everyone knows today's society is scarier, faster, tougher and people have trouble being independent and confident in themselves. I mean nowadays you have to be cool in schools, hang out with girls... and so on with the crap. With the crime rates rising [or the same as before in others' opinion] but deadlier.
    Technology wise it's all good, but it is leading to people being lazy.

As for the humour, it's becoming more childish every time. People are being rude and stupid just to be funny, worsened by the tag [depending on which one you're thinking of, like being good, cool, hot etc.] What do you think?

Also - A new generation in born every ten years: Example, people born from 1978 to 1988, 1989-1999, and 2000-2010.
    What future generations will do? All they want is to be handed money and want things to be done for them and handed in a silver plate!
    I want to know what you think of the generation you're in?

Thank you ^_^

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Forthcoming generation and humour.

Thee generation I'm in is quite ok... The only problem that I don't like in my contemporaries is that they don't care about many things- they don't care about studying, they don't care about arts, they don't care about nature and other things... Some of them don't even seem to care about love!
    The only thing most of my classmates are interested in are partying and getting drunk... I think that's no good for you wont be able to party for all of your life, you'll have to get a job and how will you do that without studying?

And I agree that our humour is becoming really stupid... ometimes it's funny and can make your day, but sometimes I just become sick of stupid jokes (the worst ones are when they laugh about someone else looks or actions...). Actualy my jokes aresometimes really stupid too... I can be really sarcastic and insult someone not even meaning so (at least I ussualy joke like that in the face, not behind his/her back)

I'm really scared about the generation that is now at the age of 6-10 years... most of those children are a nightmere!!! They act lika animals!!! They don't care about other people feelings, they totally don't care about studies, with a proud smile on their faces they tell you about how they were running from the police or how they were fighting with a classmate with a knife in their arms... What will they all become when grown up?!

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

ok i agree there with them acting like big children ect and lookin money and all being easy for them
    lol they think its all for them all is easy im in a class and i would safly say me and one other girl are the only more grown up in there we sit do our work ect because we realise what we have if we lived in a contry were a woman is only thought as being a baby maker
    were the dont get any edacation
    i liked to think im not like that but i donno lots of time left huh but hoply not

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

About the youth. I'm damn glad I was born into an average, fairly religious family in Southeast Asia, and not some rich family in a super technologically advanced first world country, because while the kids there may have a larger variety of stuff to keep them happy when they're bored, I know they're more likely to take those things for granted than I am. It's not just technology. It's mentality that's changing. I go online, check my Facebook groups and see discussions by NYU frosh about how to keep from getting caught smoking pot, etc, and I'm like, oh man, if you were an 18-year old smoking pot in Malaysia no one would want to be your friend. Frankly, I'm appalled at the things kids in some other countries do. Too much free rein.

And humor-wise, I don't know what you're used to, but in my opinion nothing beats good old 19th century British humor. It saddens me that I can write an essay that fans of British authors find hilarious, and Americans find plain strange. Sigh. Whatever happened to the love for the deadpan? I hate American literature! (that's not beside the point, I mean to say that I think American literature lacks sophistication in its humor, and American literature is obviously the stuff churned out by American authors)

p.s. Oh but being stupid is funny sometimes. As long as people understand that you're not genuinely stupid. I mean, how many times have I repeated the "how many horses passing by?" joke to people? Everyone finds it ridiculous, but at the end of the day they're laughing the hardest. Life's no fun if you can't have your stupid moments.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    Hello C
    CL'ers and AO'ers

Why? Because as everyone knows today's society is scarier, faster, tougher and people have trouble being independent and confident in themselves. I mean nowadays you have to be cool in schools, hang out with girls... and so on with the crap. With the crime rates rising [or the same as before in others' opinion] but deadlier.

As for the humour, it's becoming more childish every time. People are being rude and stupid just to be funny, worsened by the tag [depending on which one you're thinking of, like being good, cool, hot etc.] What do you think?

Also - A new generation in born every ten years: Example, people born from 1978 to 1988, 1989-1999, and 2000-2010.
    What future generations will do? All they want is to be handed money and want things to be done for them and handed in a silver plate!

Thank you ^_^

I believe Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. (May he rest in peace) said it best when he said, "True fear is waking up one morning and realizing that your high school class is running the country." I remember looking around the room one day and thinking, "Oh, bugger. These are the adults of tomorrow."

I do have hope, though. I guess that's about all I can have . . .

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Hello C
    CL'ers and AO'ers

Thank you ^_^
    How is this different than any other time in history besides just further advancement? From how I see things now, I feel pretty damn lucky and comtempt that I was born of this generation.

"Nowadays you have to be cool in schools, hang out with girls... and so on with the the crap..."
    - ? What? What is that suppose to mean? What time and place have you been living in? It has got to be somewhere in the future or something, because these situations and examples you are presenting, don't seem to follow any direction.

Actually, the whole post doesn't seem to bear much logic it seems.

This may be just a mistake from seeing so many posts of the relation, but don't you yourself write quite a bit about negative aspects of this time and date? Well whatever the issue is, this post like the others seem to lack quite a bit of sense.

I mean, what is so unique about today?(Besides the fact you are living during it) Why is this particular spot on the timeline so much different or surprising from what history has already shown us? - Oops...negatively I mean.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    How is this different than any other time in history besides just further advancement? From how I see things now, I feel pretty damn lucky and comtempt that I was born of this generation.
    Gahahahaha, I had to laugh. It's funny how you should feel lucky, and yet feel contempt at the same time.

RG probably wishes we could all go back to being people living in straw huts, when you didn't have to own an iPod and whatnot to be popular, and everyone was happy and content with just swimming in monsoon drains and mining pools. Isn't simplicity simply wonderful.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

*blink* *blink*
    No I didn't mention that, about us being living in stone ages again. What I meant to say is that today's generation is kind of unexpected... we don't know whether the stupid teens would either rely on their parents or improve and help society be better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast