+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Forthcoming generation and humour.

Newbie PocketLint is off to a good start PocketLint's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Forthcoming generation and humour.

well, i think that everything happens for a reason. including the exsistance of every person. if you consider a entire generation of people to be considerably more destructive then the gerneration before it. then there must be a reason. like, maybe there needs to become destruction for the earth to progress. sort of like pruning a tree.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    Gahahahaha, I had to laugh. It's funny how you should feel lucky, and yet feel contempt at the same time.

RG probably wishes we could all go back to being people living in straw huts, when you didn't have to own an iPod and whatnot to be popular, and everyone was happy and content with just swimming in monsoon drains and mining pools. Isn't simplicity simply wonderful.
    How is that funny? Do you expect me to choose this generation because I would enjoy the iPod or something?

Again, the whole problem with teens or what not isn't anything so significant or strange compared to history. What is the problem exactly? If anyone could, please tell me what is so strange? It seems there is some kind of inside joke and I am the only one who just moved in from out of town.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

<----- *points to my avi*

Do you think teens would degrade our future or make it better? What do you think of the humour considering both the teens and the humour are getting stupid. And what do you think of the generation you're in?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    <----- *points to my avi*

Do you think teens would degrade our future or make it better? What do you think of the humour considering both the teens and the humour are getting stupid. And what do you think of the generation you're in?
    I have no idea. What makes you think the present is so good or bad that future generations can make it better or degrade it?

From what I make out, your understanding is that having things handed to you on a golden platter is bad thing right? I wonder what every invention since the beginning of time were meant for? Maybe they were created to make life more convenient?

I think a single generation rarely has any influence or great impact on the world; it usually takes a couple to do anything significant.

The humor and such..what? As I recall, teens nowadays are getting better educations than any before them. That usually comes with the passing of time doesn't it? If they are getting better education, than I can't really say that their humor is all that ridiculous or is worst than any other point in time. For one, teens are teens. It isn't hard to look at them from an older point and say how foolish and childish things sound or seem.

Why is it that humor is thrown in with the future generations bit anyways? Can we predict the future by terms of laughter and comedy?

My opinion on the generation I am in can be read in a previous post. As I asked earlier though, I would like to know about how you came upon your opinion Rave, not the question that you simply refrased.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, look, in some way or other I'm a stupid teen that wishes she had someone to do everything for her.

I don't see humor getting stupid, exactly. Humor's just... humor? There'll always be the lame jokes, the deadpan, the jokes no one gets, the classic knock-knocks... I don't really see how humor changes. I read British GQ mags and their articles actually make me laugh.

Likewise I can't say much about the generation I'm in, because there'll always be people who fit into different categories. Hundreds of years ago when people had to work harder than we do now, there were still lazy people. Procrastinators. It's not like any of that's changed, really. I'd rather not bitch about my lazy, good-for-nothing generation since if I had the chance I'd laze around all day too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    Well, look, in some way or other I'm a stupid teen that wishes she had someone to do everything for her.

I don't see humor getting stupid, exactly. Humor's just... humor? There'll always be the lame jokes, the deadpan, the jokes no one gets, the classic knock-knocks... I don't really see how humor changes. I read British GQ mags and their articles actually make me laugh.

Likewise I can't say much about the generation I'm in, because there'll always be people who fit into different categories. Hundreds of years ago when people had to work harder than we do now, there were still lazy people. Procrastinators. It's not like any of that's changed, really. I'd rather not bitch about my lazy, good-for-nothing generation since if I had the chance I'd laze around all day too.

That seems to be my point. It is probably a good dream for people, that in the future anything and everything will be accessible with little effort; that one day we could all sit on our asses and do nothing but veg and experience pure pleasure from the day we are born till the day we die.

Eh, anything would probably be funny then. We wouldn't need to find much pleasure in comedy, since most comedy is based on the negative aspects of our every day lives. Why laugh so much at that, when we could just laugh uncontrollably at our luxurious existence.

We will never reach that point though, unless past generations make it possible. Whatever that point in time is, the people of this present shall be long dead.

Otaku 02134 may be famous one day 02134 may be famous one day 02134's Avatar
    Thanks

i can't actually get on the gist of this topic but im guessing is its how the idiotic american society all the teens want to be something stupid like a rapper instead of something that actually helps the world

i also see the word lazy getting used quite alot so let me get a go at it the lazy people think technology is just made to make life easier yet it is infact a waste of time considering all the waste of money and the death it causes and the time it takes to create and operate?

so the newer stupider generation will just be commiting mass suicide ex.global warming? ending up with everyone infact killing themselves with their carelessness and hate and greed?

am i right?

I'll do it man.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 02134 View Post
    i can't actually get on the gist of this topic but im guessing is its how the idiotic american society all the teens want to be something stupid like a rapper instead of something that actually helps the world

i also see the word lazy getting used quite alot so let me get a go at it the lazy people think technology is just made to make life easier yet it is infact a waste of time considering all the waste of money and the death it causes and the time it takes to create and operate?

so the newer stupider generation will just be commiting mass suicide ex.global warming? ending up with everyone infact killing themselves with their carelessness and hate and greed?

am i right?
    Wait, advancement in techonology is a waste?

The further technology advances isn't a waste of time; there is always trial and error in everything. We don't necesarrily advance to become lazy, but to makes things more convenient and to make a foundation for existence throught the passing of time.

So what if people take the opportunity to create benefits for personal value, they are supplying the wants for the masses. If someone is going to go as far as saying technology is a waste of time, you better imply that all technology has been that way, since we have had these ideas since then.

Glabal warming? We have a general idea how to deal with it, so we are creating ways to slow down the process and/or eliminate it all together. We are using that worthless technology to do that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast