+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Forum Fakes/Reals?

Newbie Baron may be famous one day Baron may be famous one day Baron's Avatar
    In the minds and souls of all evil beings.
    Thanks
    Well, trust comes with time, and quite frankly with meetings, whether it be at cons, or what not.

I'd say I trust...about 15-20 folks I met here most of them cause I've been talking with most of them since 2001 (I think, anyone know a way to check EZBoard register dates?), +1 if you count Yume of course but well...we've moved a bit beyond trust and e-friend issue. (and if none of you whippersnappers understand I'm just gonna laugh so there.)

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku For3v3r_Lost may be famous one day For3v3r_Lost may be famous one day For3v3r_Lost's Avatar
    Thanks
    It actually takes me a month to trust someone completely. Sometimes less than that, depends on how they are. I don't tell them my secrets as soon as I decided to trust them. I tell them one by one. My best friend knows all of my secrets. I've known her for 2 years, we quickly became best friends after a few months. I dunno why but I think it's because her personality almost describes mine, except that she's 2 years older than me. >.< lol It's funny to look back when we first met. Anyways, before I am able to give a person my trust, I get to know them first, see what they're like in real life to other people and how they treat other people. I dunno about looks and age. That's the part I don't trust unless I see proof that it's really them. Not photos, but like web cam. I trust my guy completely though. Of course he knows a few of my secrets. ^_^ But I've been careful of who I trust because I know some friends of mine that is a big mouth, that gossips too much and wouldn't keep a secret for one minute. I hate it when it happens...
    "I love you with all my heart that I can't explain how much in words."

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks
    How do you personally figure out whether you trust a person you meet here on AO or not?

- Things that person says that you look out for
    - How long you would have to talk to the person before you trust them
    - Things that the person do or reveal to you before you trust them ETC.

Well at AO (and any forum, for that matter), everyone starts out with the basic amount of trusts for me - basically being something like you're 'truthful until proven to be otherwise'. I go by this because it's kind of hard to tell if someone is either just being a newbie or really just being dishonest.
    As time passes on, I start to notice if someone is being untruthful when they start contradicting themselves and/or tells stories that just don't sound.. real enough ^^;

That being said, it doesn't bother me either way. We're only forum-mates after all and I don't think I'll ever meet half the active-members here ^^0 And if you want to tweak yourself a bit online, more power to you~ It just gets more complicated when you go up a step from forum-mates to e-friends, where I'd expect a bit more truth (Same goes for getting into a relationship, where'd I expect much more truthfulness... but that hasn't ever happened before, so...)
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6