Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: free opinion

Newbie akiodie is off to a good start akiodie's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: free opinion

my opinion is not to have an opinion for it is the safest opinion to posses

-almost every politicians modo...

Otaku Dragons2801 is off to a good start Dragons2801's Avatar
    in a place beyond the reaches of time, gripped with sorow, pain driving everything to insanity.
    Thanks

humans are very complex beings wouldnt you say. however since we are "human" things revolve around different things right and wrong. good and evil, and judge and be judged. what is all these things have in common? they all work and revolve around society. they can be seen in many view points but are narrowed down to these three aspects. not long ago smoking marajuwana was permited and was very much incuraged. but now it is looked upon in disgust, same goes with alchal, and now energy drinks. we as people can not be told what to do and cannot be controled not by government, or family, we just find gaps to fit threw to go around the opstical. we can not tell or do what is right and wrong. these aspects go unchallenged by man for fear of what it might bring to them.

within the darkened realm of the mind, is endless shadows, wrenching pain, warming love, and burning desires.

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    I understand several things that I hate and some religions are on that list. Understanding them doesn't change the fact that I hope for their destruction.

I take it you are a high minded liberal who thinks that awareness and familiarization can overcome hatred. You just need to educate people and say that diversity is good a lot of times and people will believe it. Wrong. Some people and things are just evil and need to be stopped.
    First off, there are very very few religions in the world today that are evil (defining "evil" as "deliberately harmful to mankind or the world"). Christianity isn't evil, Wicca isn't evil, Judaism isn't evil, Buddhism isn't evil, Islam isn't evil, Shinto isn't evil, etc.
    Secondly, even if you think a religion is evil, that doesn't mean it is. You have to learn about it enough to make an educated decision, or else you just make yourself look like an idiot (not calling you one, just saying it's pretty ignorant). If all you ever knew about Catholicism was that Catholics eat the body and drink the blood of their savior, you'd probably think that it was some freaky cult or something.
    Thirdly, "understanding" harshly implies "sympathizing", so you'd have to be a very unsympathetic kind of person to want to destroy what you fully understand.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BrightShadow_96 For This Useful Post:

!beast (Apr 11, 2010)

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

religion isn't evil, if you think it's evil then it is evil to you. it's the same thing saying guns kill people but it's people who pulls the trigger that kills. it's all about interpretation. just because it's different to you or even a threat, that doesn't mean it's evil.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Newbie ines is off to a good start ines's Avatar
    Thanks

i think no one have the right to judge ppl: their religion, their beliefs.. but you can tell your opinion bout them *ofc after knowing why they choose their way of living* humans can't have the same believes, thoughts... that's why i think this can be interesting, you can meet in your life many ppl with diffrent belives, traditions, values...
    so no matter what's your religion nd in wich basics you choose it it's up to you, in other hand you should respect other's religion... cause at the end we're all looking for peace, freedom, nd happiness...

Newbie xemnas13 is off to a good start xemnas13's Avatar
    Thanks

that is true deal:

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrightShadow_96 View Post
    Secondly, even if you think a religion is evil, that doesn't mean it is. You have to learn about it enough to make an educated decision, or else you just make yourself look like an idiot (not calling you one, just saying it's pretty ignorant).
    Thirdly, "understanding" harshly implies "sympathizing", so you'd have to be a very unsympathetic kind of person to want to destroy what you fully understand.
    Thank you for not calling me an idiot, you are right about the difference between understanding and sympathy. But no, I am not sympathetic to some religions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2