Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Friday the 13th

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Friday the 13th

awsome i guess, good to turn something that seems bad into something great, like a party

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't believe in Friday the thirteenth, and I certainly don't believe in cursed numbers either. Friday the 13th just blows over all the time without anything bad happening to me (on the contrary, it's usually a good day for me!?) so yeah, there's plenty of reason for me NOT to care about what everyone thinks of all this hocus-pocus, bad luck nonsense.

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hellknight View Post
    I seen that on broken trail when chinese started prostituting girls to american, I seen a young crying around when these nice cowboys who shot down this guy who stole their horses and guns, she was frighten when he said 4 lol, but 13 is like a odd number and nobody answer my question is why is it a curse number?
    Don't quote me on this, but there's two reason I've heard why 13 is a curse number:

The first one I read in a book (this was mentioned in the 'Da Vinci Code,' but I read this in a book that was written back in the 1850's).

Waaay back (I have no clue what year), the King of France was trying to get rid of the Knights Templar, whom he felt had become too powerful and corrupt, so he sent out a bunch of letters that were only to be opened on Friday the 13th (he wanted the instructions to be done at the exact same time, which is why he had it dated). The instructions told the armies to capture all the Knights Templar, many of whom were summarilly tortured and killed. This was done, which pretty much ended the group of the Knights Templar

The second reason I heard for why '13' is an unlucky number (not friday the 13th, but just the number) is that the Great Fire of London apparently started in the house of the King's baker....Bakers back then always made thirteen loaves of bread, which was called a "baker's dozen," (this is still continued today, out of tradition). The amount of bread a baker had to make had to weigh a certain amount, or else they could be imprisoned/fined/executed, for stiffing the customer. So rather than risk having the amount of bread under the weight, bakers would make the thirteenth loaf of bread just incase, so that they were absolutely sure they met the weight requirements.

Anyhoo, apparently the fire started because the King's baker forgot to completely stop the fire after making the thirteenth loaf of bread. The fire started back up uncontrollably, which then set a good portion of London on fire..

However, even though the fire did destroy a bunch of London, it did help stop the plague which was rampant at the time (the fire ripped through the dockyards, killing many of the rats who had fleas that carried the plague).

Anyhoo, those are the two reasons I've heard, but I doubt that either one offers the full explanation...it's more than likely a whole slew of things which helped create 13 as a cursed number, but society has just forgotten all of them.....so now it's carried on just because..

But personally, I don't think anything can cause good luck/bad luck..

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    So it's friday the 13th... I noticed it just now and it's already the evening in my time zone.
    I wanted to ask wheather you believe 13 is a cursed number and has anything paranormal happened to you on friday the 13th.

I personaly like number 13 and my life on this friday is as boring as always...
    Happened?? nothing out of the normal, it is a normal day with a normal boring life... I'm not supersticious or anything. I don't believe that there is a curse on the numbere 13... it is just ppl stupidity... that's it.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking about cursed numbers, Friday the 13th and '4' has no solid reason to be feared for. But 666 is written in the bible that it's Satan's number.<o_o> Baa...
    [CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aya-kun View Post
    Talking about cursed numbers, Friday the 13th and '4' has no solid reason to be feared for. But 666 is written in the bible that it's Satan's number.<o_o> Baa...
    Which is all right, because there is no 66th second, no 66th minute, no 66th day of the month, and certainly no 66th month of the year.

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    Which is all right, because there is no 66th second, no 66th minute, no 66th day of the month, and certainly no 66th month of the year.
    Well last year we did have the 6th day, of the 6th month, of the 6th year (June 6th, 2006)....of course, no explosions or nothing....unless the Earth did implode, and we just don't know it yet?

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Otaku AngelFlow may be famous one day AngelFlow may be famous one day
    Thanks

I don't really believe in Friday 13 but I feel like like I did get some bad luck cuz this morning in school I was late and need to put my black coat in my locker and it wouldn't open. I must have been 20 times before I just gave up. I'm not the kind of person who'd forget things either like a locker combination which I was putting in correctly.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast