+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Future Career in gaming or anime writer or soemthin

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Future Career in gaming or anime writer or soemthin

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro View Post
    Man, I really hate to burst bubbles, but guys this industry is twice as hard to get in as any other. If you don't have networking (meaning friends already in the business) good luck trying to get in. Now my sources are pretty lame, I only read about it in a game magazine.

You're probably better off starting with your own company, but then you need money :P and still know people who would want to buy your products...
    burst bubbles? lol.... every gamer/anime fan knows that getting in its HARD! thats why u have back up plans ^^ I would love to make it into any gamer company... but u have to be realistic... probably Im not good enough but Im gonna give it my best... if it doesnt work I always have another choises ^^ hope u guys are seing some other options too
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Im going into animation, more like its a stepping stone. I enjoy doing character design, the creative process rather than the production. So then I can be very versatile, I can even get into a game company designing characters, not just animating. I could of just gone to an Illustration program, but I don't like painting.

If everything else fails and I have the money and time, I'll study in archeology. It is still consider art. Some how.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Hahah. I stopped thinking that kind of career was possible once I took a look at some of the tuition for well-credited colleges of art and design (i.e. when I was 16). You might want to think about something more realistic.

Newbie IrregularGanime may be famous one day IrregularGanime may be famous one day IrregularGanime's Avatar
    Thanks

what's unrealistic is you don't even try.

the fact that you say "just by looking" will doom anyone to failure.

How do you know if you don't try. Do you think dream jobs are easy to achieve. It may very well also be near impossible but never truly be impossible.

Who gave you the right to to stop thinking of the career you wanted to get into?
    Just because of tuition? college?
    The only ones who can stop you from being realistic is you. Just by looking isn't enough. Let me ask you, have you done it? Put your heart and soul to achieve it?

No, you only looked at it, and because of that, you didn't bother to EVEN lift a finger to achieve it, well of course it can't be achieved because you haven't put your heart and soul into it. I believe you can really do it if you really work hard for it.

The fact that you even bother to check is the first step to being concerned about your future, and that is already good enough.

This topic is about dreams and goals people want to achieve in their careers and you must understand no one have that right to tell them to be realistic.

Zero has just spilled a talent I'm looking for. I might be the one looking for him instead and you never know. the only time it's unrealistic is when you give up without even pouring your passion into achieving it.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well, I'd rather not be $64k in debt when I've poured my passion into going into a design school only to find out that if - and that's if - I get hired for a position with any major company, I'd be shoved in a cubicle and told to code all day. It just ain't my thing. I like Graphic Arts and Design, my college major, and I think I can do just fine without going into the game industry.

Newbie IrregularGanime may be famous one day IrregularGanime may be famous one day IrregularGanime's Avatar
    Thanks

lol, ya i get ya what you mean on the $64 k

I too went through the simliar situation as you did. 16 years to study in total, and US$10 k a semester and I was like WTF.

and besides, no one asked you to fair well in anywhere. where you want to fair is your choice. the only difference is, are you willing to take that big step into achieving it.

graphics art and design is great in many areas. so bring it to where you wanna go. you decide your future, not society or education.
    there are a million things education cannot do in the outside world, so that leaves you with a million to one choices to succeed. ha ha.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Why must our goals HAVE to do with anime/gaming? o.O;;

I'm planning to study film (TV/motion pictures) in college, and while I'm there I hope to be able to dabble in some other stuff like animation so I can do special effects instead of just cinematography in the future. If all goes well, I may just decide to go into game designing as a side thing. It won't be my main line of work, though.

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

Because there's already a topic on future goals in general, I guess ^^;

I'm eventually going to be going into animation. I'd like to work in alot of places, including Japan in the field of 2-demension animation. I know it's become a bit unpopular with the major American Animation companies, but I can't help but still love that medium Of course I'd like to learn 3D animation, illustration, and even comic booking and even other things un-art related (back up plans ^^0) but 2D animation is my passion right now
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast