Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Futuristic Times

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Futuristic Times

What will become of it?

I was recently watching I, Robot.... and it got me thinking. What will become of the far future? Maybe it isn't that far. A few generations from now. A few hundred years. Will there be robots and "persecoms"? Will there be hover cars flying everywhere like in futurama? Will the world become so polluted that the atmosphere will eventually die down, exposing us to more sun?

What do you think?

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Futuristic Times

I think at the pase we're going.... there will be no humans to build robots.... we're on a dangerous self-destruction progress that I really doubt that there is going to be three or even two generations after us......
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Thanks

Wow leb. Why? How come your perspective on this is so negative? I think there will be at least one hundred years ahead of us. And in those one hundred years.. there will be robots walking amongst us. Just like in Chobits or Ghost in the Shell.. or I, Robots. It all makes some sense to me. In fact, in japan, they are already working on robots [or so I heard]. I also think there will be new discoveries out in space.

Otaku Lotski is off to a good start
    Thanks

hmm, lets see..
    I guess that's not so far to happen..
    Think about the past, it was impossible before that there will
    be a flying object. and now, we have planes and aircrafts..
    Before it was just a snailmail, now we have Electronic Mails..
    Technology is growing, so there is no doubt.. robots will soon be everywhere
    to make things easier for us.. then who knows? they might really
    take over the planet huh? just like centennial man! humans will be
    the ones to call "endagered specie" wahahaha! (what am i saying??)
    but ofcourse, there is always a tendency that it won't happen at all..
    that depends to the youth now...

If you don't like me, it's mind over matter.
    I don't mind and you don't matter

Thanks

Yes, it does depend on youth. And that's scary. But us older folk have some say in this too, you know. And what if Robots will walk amongst us? Will that be a good thing, or a bad thing? I mean.. if technology gets so far ahead of its time, that the robots begin to have minds and feelings and emotions on their own with out being programmed to do so... will that be a bad thing? The thought itself is interesting.. but scary at the same time.

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Moved to Debate and Discuss.

And in my opinion I doubt we'll be gone and I doubt we'll have Ghost in the Shell robots and such. In the 1980s people thought we'd have all these things by the year 2000. I don't know about you, but I don't have Rosie from the Jetsons cleaning my house.

Thanks

All right. Thank you Sazuka. As long as the topic is suitable for the new forum, I'm fine with it being moved.

Anywho, I agree with what you are saying. So I doubt there will be a huge impact on technology advancement in the near twenty, thirty years. But in a hundred years or so.. I believe there will be a break through with humanity and its technology. Or so I hope. It would be really cool. Even though we won't be alive.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Whitey: you asked why I am so negative... well.... seen how the trees are coming down.... the water is wasted and the pollution is growing... well I don't think that the earth or even the human being is going to resist that long on the future....... plus.. if a new war begins.... we're all doomed... cos it will be a bionuclear war.......
    But if we get that far on future... yes... i think there will be robots doing our jobs and making our lives "easier"
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast