Closed Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 119

Thread: Futuristic Times

  1. #17
    Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    406
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Futuristic Times

    Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    Tell me one positive thing humans have done, other than saving species and proving their humanit lately [at last].
    We as a species do amazing things(see below), and like I said before its not about what the species is doing it's about what the individual does. Because there are people out there doing wonderfull things, are you?

    Make a differance people. Give blood, be an organ doner, volunteer at a soup kitchen, habitat for humanity, paint the town, donate to the red cross, toys for tots, this list could go on for a very long time, you get the point. We decide what the future hold, us right now.

    Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

  2. #18
    Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Life is an illusion.
    Posts
    2,429
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts

    Re: Futuristic Times

    We as a species do amazing things(see below), and like I said before its not about what the species is doing it's about what the individual does. Because there are people out there doing wonderfull things, are you?

    Make a differance people. Give blood, be an organ doner, volunteer at a soup kitchen, habitat for humanity, paint the town, donate to the red cross, toys for tots, this list could go on for a very long time, you get the point. We decide what the future hold, us right now.
    Okay, so how many people out of 6000000000 people do all this, assuming they are not racist, ignorant and all that...?

  3. #19
    Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago but im in tenn for college
    Posts
    1,346
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: Futuristic Times

    The future. i would love to live like we said it would be. everyone said "pfft ya in the year 2000 when pigs fly" well its 2007 and still some things are primitive when will we change
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

  4. #20
    Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,554
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts

    Re: Futuristic Times

    Tell me one positive thing humans have done, other than saving species and proving their humanit lately [at last].
    When you have money life's a heaven for you. But now life's hell if you have money but not more than you expected.
    I don't want to go into past but try looking and living with the people who are suffering. It'll make you think twice about all the positivity that's going on.
    Rushil, you need to stop swimming in your pessimistic river. Thinking about the bad things that are going on does not make me think twice about anything. It doesn't change my mind on the fact that when I see a homeless person on the street, I want to help him. I don't sulk and pity him and just go on about with my life. Maybe that's why you're so negative about what the future will bring. You do not do anything yourself to help the Earth and its ways. Something humans have done that is good? Oh, I don't know. Try speeding up technology, making us live better lives? How 'bout doing some good to the earth like having special holidays like Earth Day, trying to make the world a better place. Yes there are problems with this Earth and the people in it, but that cannot stop others from trying to make it better. Only pessimistic people like yourself will hold others back that are trying to do good. You say the world is so horrible and no one is doing anything to stop it. Have you done anything? Have you tried picking up that bottle in the park and throwing it away in the trash? Have you thought twice before throwing your gum on the street instead of a trash can? I can ask this because I myself have done such things to help make at least my community a better place. The world, as rotten as it is, does include pure people. No, not everyone is perfect.. but there are good people on the face of this planet that try to help better our future generations. There's a movement going on to try and help stop global warming. You can look up more information on that.

    And about your reply to psiknot's comment,

    Okay, so how many people out of 6000000000 people do all this, assuming they are not racist, ignorant and all that...?
    More than you know. And like I've previously stated, not everyone is perfect. There are going to be racist, ignorant people who choose to be blind about the good around them. And there are going to be those who choose to see. Why don't you try joining in. Help make a difference.

  5. #21
    Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Life is an illusion.
    Posts
    2,429
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts

    Re: Futuristic Times

    Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Rushil, you need to stop swimming in your pessimistic river. Thinking about the bad things that are going on does not make me think twice about anything. It doesn't change my mind on the fact that when I see a homeless person on the street, I want to help him. I don't sulk and pity him and just go on about with my life. Maybe that's why you're so negative about what the future will bring. You do not do anything yourself to help the Earth and its ways. Something humans have done that is good? Oh, I don't know. Try speeding up technology, making us live better lives? How 'bout doing some good to the earth like having special holidays like Earth Day, trying to make the world a better place. Yes there are problems with this Earth and the people in it, but that cannot stop others from trying to make it better. Only pessimistic people like yourself will hold others back that are trying to do good. You say the world is so horrible and no one is doing anything to stop it. Have you done anything? Have you tried picking up that bottle in the park and throwing it away in the trash? Have you thought twice before throwing your gum on the street instead of a trash can? I can ask this because I myself have done such things to help make at least my community a better place. The world, as rotten as it is, does include pure people. No, not everyone is perfect.. but there are good people on the face of this planet that try to help better our future generations. There's a movement going on to try and help stop global warming. You can look up more information on that.

    And about your reply to psiknot's comment,



    More than you know. And like I've previously stated, not everyone is perfect. There are going to be racist, ignorant people who choose to be blind about the good around them. And there are going to be those who choose to see. Why don't you try joining in. Help make a difference.
    More than you can think
    I did not say I'm pessimistic, so please don't judge because of what I said. Sure there are chances to stop AIDS and Cancer, as said recently, but can everyone afford it?
    What gave you the idea that I am a looser / pessimistic person to begin with? Just because I told my point of view about what is mainly going on. You might want to help the poor person and I do help people like those. I have friends even though they are retarted, I go really well along with them. Stop complaining about what I do and what I don't do.
    Have I tried to make world better?
    Yes I have. A lot more than you can think. Heck I even get into fights sometimes when I see prejudice and racism going on. I've tolerated a lot.
    Rushil, you need to stop swimming in your pessimistic river. Thinking about the bad things that are going on does not make me think twice about anything.
    I can't swim to begin with. I'm not thinking about negative things all the time.
    I don't sulk and pity him and just go on about with my life.
    Neither do I. If I could I would give him my food and clothes if I wanted to. And I HAVE.
    Maybe that's why you're so negative about what the future will bring. You do not do anything yourself to help the Earth and its ways.
    Okay, geting on my nerves there. What the hell gave you the idea about me being just sulking in a corner and not help Earth get better? Stop judgingme already. I've done a lot more than you can ever imagine.
    Donated blood - wasn't allowed to, too young. I lost the case anyway.
    Only pessimistic people like yourself will hold others back that are trying to do good.
    Two obvious words I'm not gonna say.
    Anyways. I could give you two damn pages about my achievements but i don't want to blow my own trumpet. Never did.

    You say the world is so horrible and no one is doing anything to stop it. Have you done anything? Have you tried picking up that bottle in the park and throwing it away in the trash? Have you thought twice before throwing your gum on the street instead of a trash can?
    Yes, a lot of times. I clean out my home and streets. I think a lot of times about littering, and I keep the rubbish in my bag if I have to, if I do not see any bin. If I see any spoiled or intolerant people I change their point of view, regardless what they think about me being a friggin' nerd. Because I-know-how-it-feels-to-live-on-the-edge-of-life.
    I, too, can say that you just called me a full negative person, and say that people like you begin conflicts. Do I care =/
    Will it make a difference, to ruin my [or others'] mood because you judge people by their information, Lavie?

    There's a movement going on to try and help stop global warming. You can look up more information on that.
    Already part of it. Fund raising and all that. Pssh.

    And about your reply to psiknot's comment,



    More than you know. And like I've previously stated, not everyone is perfect. There are going to be racist, ignorant people who choose to be blind about the good around them. And there are going to be those who choose to see. Why don't you try joining in. Help make a difference.
    More than you can think Lavie I've done so much and I do not want to stop my "not" negative actions.

  6. #22
    Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    681
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: Futuristic Times

    It is pretty interesting how humanity progresses and especially our particular speed.

    I don't know if it has been mentioned, but there is a show on the Discovery Channel I think, called "2057". It's about what scientists and smart men expect will become of us, or could possible become of us in 50 years. (Technology, evolution and such)

    Personally I tend to over estimate most people and their abilities. Its a shame how many followers there are compared to leaders and how we handicap advancement and science without even knowing the facts.

    I hope we will have those flying cars and what not in 100 years, move to other planets, colonize on other planets, and exist for thousands more years.

    But eh, we all are going to die in 2012 from that Aztec prediction so what does it matter though.

    P.s
    Look on the bright side, if we arn't destroyed then, know that the next century belong to the Asians. We won't hesitate to get that technology on the move when it's our turn! BWAHAHAH.

  7. #23
    ~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In the gallery
    Posts
    1,376
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 35 Times in 31 Posts

    Re: Futuristic Times

    What about Climate Change? What about what our environment is going to be like in the future. Because wether you like it or not, how our environment is, is ultimatly going to effect us.


    Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot View Post
    Well I can't really debate about what the future will be like. That would be like too blind people argueing about the color of the sky.

    One thing I will say though is that most of the posters in this thread so far are all gloom and doom and the political satire cartoons are great too, but are any of you going to do anything but gripe about it? yup the rain forests will eventually be gone, so will the ozone, we will run out of oil, terrorists will kill. What will you do about it?
    Question is what are YOU doing about it. What are WE doing about it? An indivdual can try, but it is humans collectivly that are going to make the difference. I myself being an Environmental student try to do things about.
    But it's hard when no one else is..

    Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    Has even one of them succeeded as part of their plan? No, because the damned politicians pray and bathe in MONEY while the others are suffering every god-damn second.
    And who votes the politicians in? the people. The politicians won't get voted in unless they suck up to the people. So why dont the people do something about it, get the politicians off their fat butts to do something about it.


    And as for all the fun stuff such as robots - I want a persacom ^^, But I don't think that will be for a lloonnng time. They predicted that I lot will happen by 2000 and guess what not much of that has come true. I think society has to change with the technology

  8. #24
    Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,554
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts

    Re: Futuristic Times

    Quote Originally Posted by rave_grip
    I did not say I'm pessimistic, so please don't judge because of what I said.
    Everything you say is negative! When someone continues to say negative things about everything or a certain topic, they are considered pessimists. I am not judging you by who you are. What you say is looked at differently by different people. So you may want to re-word what you mean a couple of times before writing negative comments and then thinking that no one will think you are pessimistic.

    As for everything you have said in your post. You say you've done so much and you could fill "two pages" of your accomplishments, and you yourself know that there are groups being made to help better the world. Yet in your previous post you stated that the world is doing nothing. You contradicted yourself. Do you feel that the future will bring peace and serenity and will be a good thing? Or are you saying that the world is going to burn? Make up your mind, because the way you state things is not very clear. Not to me, at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_
    What about Climate Change? What about what our environment is going to be like in the future. Because wether you like it or not, how our environment is, is ultimatly going to effect us.
    I agree. There isn't much being done to help the atmosphere. With all the pollution going on, I don't think there will be much of anything left in the next few hundred years. I think there will be a nice future to look forward to. With lots of technology and less violence. But, as far as the climate goes. If we keep it up, there won't be much of anything natural left. IMO.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Good times
    By Baal in forum Poems
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Aug 07, 2006, 07:49 PM
  2. Times, Never Forgotten
    By Kasai in forum Poems
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 25, 2006, 01:00 PM
  3. 5th Times' the Charm ^__~
    By iPommy in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Nov 11, 2005, 04:09 PM
  4. Times Never Forgotten
    By Kasai in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan 10, 2005, 05:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts