+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Geek/Nerd or not?

Otaku POOHEAD189 is off to a good start POOHEAD189's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Geek/Nerd or not?

Do u have to be a geek or nerd to love anime? if so then there are ALOT of dbz geeks. lol

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Geek/Nerd or not?

Well I'm pretty sure no one thinks am a nerd or a geek, therefore that would make me neither. However I still enjoy anime, so I'm gonna go with the answer no.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm a Geek and I'm proud of it. I'm a hard core Science Fiction and Anime fan. I've gone to conventions solely with the intention to get things signed by the people who play/voice my favorite Characters (check spoiler below)

"Geek" has lost its derogatory meaning over the last couple years, especially with the explosion in popularity of video games and the prevalance of computers in almost every household and school.

"Nerd" on the other hand, hasn't. Call me a nerd and I'll be very angry at you. You won't like me when I'm angry. I'm 6ft 6in and 218 pounds of geek rage.

click to show spoiler

Devoted Otaku tokini is off to a good start tokini's Avatar
    Thanks

hmmm...a geek, but i do other things aswell ,although i wish i could spend more time watching and doing other various things related. im an anime geek,thats for sure,half of my free time is spent doing something to do with anime.and i think everyone else is right about me being one!

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

I know I am but I don't think you have to be. But it certainly does help.

Otaku itano123 is off to a good start itano123's Avatar
    Right behind the people that call me EMO with a knife
    Thanks

hay im a geek and all i mostly do is watch anime play vid games or just fantasise but i do some normal things. thats why i chose to go to a privat school for my high school years. but people look at me and think im a geek antill i spend hours in a vid game store. going to a public high school would be the end of me and the bullys? but when someone thinks geek or nerd they think of some ugly lonly hermet locked in there room but were not like that and im still proud to be a geek
    if only the knew the tue meaning of destiny

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm, you don't have to be a nerd/geek to watch anime, or enjoy other such labeled "nerdy/geeky" things. Labels are used by those who are closed-minded to feel better about themselves.

I label myself as ME. I'm my own person, and I have likes, loves, and hobbies that make me happy. I love anime, sci-fi, fantasy, video games, comics, etc. And if someone labels me a nerd or geek I shrug at them. I don't label anyone else for the things they enjoy.

Though, I do get labeled a nerd often, as I sport some awesome merch... I rock my Star Trek: TNG tee all the time, not to mention my Lord Of The Rings hoodies (yep I have more than one! :O ) So I just nod and smile because, let's be frank, the world lives in labels, so it would be a pain to get into a debate daily about my being nerdy or not.

aceman67: NICE PICS! ^.^ I'm totally loving the autographs!

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't exactly say I'm a geek, just that I'm sometimes geeky.

The main reason I stay on AO actually, is the graphics section and only kinda-sorta because of the forums. I like anime well enough but I don't really watch lots and I've only ever read like... 4 mangas.

If we're also considering gaming then... I'm 100% not a geek simply because I'm a girl gamer and that somehow makes me ungeeky n.n shooters are fantastic cause it's all like

OOOOOH YOU JUST GOT TOTALLY OWN'D BY A GIRL BITC*
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast