+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gender Roles

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Gender Roles

Men: In dating, do you prefer to pay for everything or only for yourself? How do your expectations change when you pay? What about when your date pays for both of you?

Women: In dating, do you prefer to pay your own way or be treated? How does paying for yourself change your attitude about the evening? Do you ever pay for your date, and if so, how do you feel about it?

I'd go dutch. My sister had to pay for a date and thought the man was wus. He had no idea what to do and expected her to drive, pick him up and pay for food and entertainment she had to suggest. I like getting treated but would pay for my own order if the restaurant was expensive but worth it with the right ambiance. I feel good I can pay for myself but would expect the man to pay for himself unless it was someplace cheaper like the cinema. I'd pay for the movies and pop corn. He'd have to pay for transportation and gas though.

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gender Roles

I would just pay for both of us as Im usually generious to people, but other times maybe she would pay sometime
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cantsenditback For This Useful Post:

desxms (Sep 10, 2008)

Newbie IDAITAI is off to a good start IDAITAI's Avatar
    Thanks

i would pay for eveything if she argued with me i would pay without her knowing i mean if the guy asked for the date then we should pay for it. They didnt even have to be there they came because of you so you could atleast pay its the NICE thing to do

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd pay, and have no problems in doing it. In fact I would insist on that I would pay. I would also drive to any where she would like to go. Also, before the date takes place, I would ask her if she had any place in mind as its also important for her to make the choice, showing that you value her opinion. I'd also hold doors open for her and pull out the seat for her when we get to our destination, and that whole thing.
    As for how I would feel if the women payed... Well, before that would happen, like I said very early one, that I would insist on paying. How ever if she really wanted to, I would iventuly concead and alow her to. Of cores, that means after words I would have to do something a bit exstra special for her at the end. Mostly romantic walks through a beautiful park or a walk on the beach... Well in all honesty I would most likely do that any way regardless if she payed or not.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Scourge For This Useful Post:

desxms (Sep 10, 2008)

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

On dates i always try to be my wacky self while also being a gentleman. you know, walking on the inside of the sidewalk, holding doors open, that whole shtick. And to answer the question, yes, i insist to pay for the meal, or movie tickets or whatever. If she, however, wants to pay i smile and insist i pay, and if that doesn't work, then we go halfsies.

But yes, i try to pay for my girl's meal, but because i know how she is, most of the time we just split it.
    Why hello there!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoDeath90 For This Useful Post:

desxms (Sep 10, 2008)

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Here comes Aleisters view on dating and relationships. Run, people. Run.

For me, it's an equal contribution. No one should pay for it all, nor should the other sit and let the other do everything. I just find that idiotic. Let one pay for dinner, the other pay for whatever else they're going to, or for dinner get one bill and both put in money. On dates, I'm myself. I am not going to fake what I am to seem like a gentleman OR get them to like me (I'd rather just hang out with them and have them like me only to go on dates while already in a relationship). Yet hey, this is me and look how many relationships I've been in, not many. All fail =D!

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Otaku SweetCandi is off to a good start SweetCandi's Avatar
    Thanks

well me..i think on a first date,,the guy should pay for everything.thats being a gentlemen..(i wouldnt call it a wus..lol).but after that i feel like it can go either way..True yeah it would be great if the guy can treat all the time..im a girl and i love to shop and if a guy was to take me out..they are usually broke by the end of the day..lol..so i understand the money issues..and besides money means nothing to me..as long as we are having a good time..i dont mind spenting a couple of bills on myself or on him..its only fair..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SweetCandi For This Useful Post:

Kuinta (Sep 05, 2008)

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Women: In dating, do you prefer to pay your own way or be treated? How does paying

for yourself change your attitude about the evening? Do you ever pay for your date,

and if so, how do you feel about it?

I prefer to go half and half or to pay myself. More often than not I can't do that. But I

don't like being treated. Makes me feel indebted. Its not gonna change my attitude or

anything. Its more of a internal monologue.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast