+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: "Get a life"

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

"Get a life"

Now, recently I've been wasting time I have on chat rooms, mainly the Myspace IM Chat Room. What I've noticed is one thing people say all too often just because someone is on the Chat and taht is "Get a life". And every time I see someone say this, I always ask "What constitutes as a life?" Usually I'd get one of two responses

1. "What does constitute mean?"

OR

2. "I dunno"

However there is the rare occasion I get someone saying it's having friends, a social life, having a job, paying for your own stuff, etc. Now don't get me wrong, a whole year ago I was one of those people who would say "Dood, get a life" or well it'd be typed like "Dude get a lyfe". Realy I'm just asking a few things, are you one of those people who say this to people, if so why? Again, what constitues as a life. Also just for all of you, to you, what IS a life? Is it just living?

Another stupid thread by me! =D (Not that I've made many...x.x)

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Aleister Sithis For This Useful Post:

Sazzy (Apr 15, 2008)

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: "Get a life"

Quote Originally Posted by Aleister Sithis View Post
    Now, recently I've been wasting time I have on chat rooms, mainly the Myspace IM Chat Room. What I've noticed is one thing people say all too often just because someone is on the Chat and taht is "Get a life". And every time I see someone say this, I always ask "What constitutes as a life?" Usually I'd get one of two responses

OR

2. "I dunno"

However there is the rare occasion I get someone saying it's having friends, a social life, having a job, paying for your own stuff, etc. Now don't get me wrong, a whole year ago I was one of those people who would say "Dood, get a life" or well it'd be typed like "Dude get a lyfe". Realy I'm just asking a few things, are you one of those people who say this to people, if so why? Again, what constitues as a life. Also just for all of you, to you, what IS a life? Is it just living?

what constitutes as a life? A beating heart and a brain that functions. XD

but if you want a more philisophical reason, what constitutes as a life is.....i don't know....goals and dreams that people pursue to make them think their life has meaning?
    Why hello there!

Newbie Remagine is off to a good start Remagine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    what constitutes as a life? A beating heart and a brain that functions. XD

but if you want a more philisophical reason, what constitutes as a life is.....i don't know....goals and dreams that people pursue to make them think their life has meaning?
    if you go allong that path you might aswell say to find meaning in life.

looking at it more literally:

Life~

1. the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

In my own opinion as long as you're still aware of yourself and make decisions towards a path that you yourself choose, you still have a life. Doesnt rly matter what that includes or what its like.
    And no i've never said it to anyone.

Newbie Mortacxo is off to a good start Mortacxo's Avatar
    Thanks

Haven't said that to anyone ever. Life is when you win the first huge race to the egg inside your mother. Then you develop enough to pick your own path in the various enviorments on this earth. "To get a Life" is therefore impossible since you already have one.

Though, when ppl say it they mean: go watch tv instead of sitting by the computer, now thats a life!

Cheers

To Love ru ftw!

-~Things that you know, are they real?~-

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aleister Sithis View Post

OR

2. "I dunno"

A couple of my friends tell that to me cause I don't party or whatever. And a couple people have told me on those chats that I should get a life because I give some people a hard time on there and yet they are the ones giving other people a hard time and on a chatroom. Oh the irony.

Anyways the word life has many definintions and is interpretated differently. When a couple of my friends use life they mean having fun at parties, smoking and drinking, screwing their body as much as possible. For me its basically enjoying the time I have left on Earth. My so called life basically involves me drawing, writing, having fun at home or talking to some friends. I don't need to party in order to have fun or to live my life. But like I said everyone interprets the word life differently. To each their own.

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Descended From Darkness View Post
    A couple of my friends tell that to me cause I don't party or whatever. And a couple people have told me on those chats that I should get a life because I give some people a hard time on there and yet they are the ones giving other people a hard time and on a chatroom. Oh the irony.

Anyways the word life has many definintions and is interpretated differently. When a couple of my friends use life they mean having fun at parties, smoking and drinking, screwing their body as much as possible. For me its basically enjoying the time I have left on Earth. My so called life basically involves me drawing, writing, having fun at home or talking to some friends. I don't need to party in order to have fun or to live my life. But like I said everyone interprets the word life differently. To each their own.

Well for starters, I myself do get literal with the definition of life JUST to be a smartass and have fun.

However, Decended I agree with your interpretations all the way. Life really is doing what YOU think it is. As stated some like messing up their bodies, others like playing sports. HELL, some even like doing NOTHINg. However some can't control what they do...due to some illness still they try.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

wow this is a stupid topic... lol jp

When a person says get a life they don't literally mean get a life... this is a figure of speech originating from the ideals of many people that there is a perfect way to live... (a lie but regardless it's what people believe because of relegion and government preying on human weakness) this ideal then causes people to think that there is some scale by which to measure themselves against the other living things in this world and even other people... a dividingline of sorts where they can define where they begin and something else does not. However this necessary judgement has been corrupted by the over applied principles of regime allowing people to esteem themselves above their fellow men and women. This then lead to the idea of being able to describe a person as not worth life because they are so far from the ideal life (which itself has been corrupted to be instant fame and money) and therefore feel the necessity to tell them to get a life... (this really was one of the worst insults for a time)

However this perversion of logic is precisely why people cannot andwill not define life for you. Because they are scared and they don't really know what it is because they have never had the opportunity to appreciate the opposite extreme. I am the same but I at least have some philosophies which would be controversial to the scientific definition.
    Yet is more optimistic all the same.

Life is, existence true... it is thought feeling and emotion but who is to say that we are not all experiencing afterimages of waht was a life once? Some sort of massive playback for all of us? Not a thing my friends there is no proof that we even actually exist well not one definite proof... Because our judgement is flawed trapped inside a box like the other 90% of our mental capacities. To describe life one must really dig down deep and find that unquantitative characteristic which escapes our limited capabilities of description.

That is to say that life, is really a state... this existence is only a small part of the on going cycle whic allows this plane to maintain the chaos necessary to stop it from inverting onto itself and starting the cylce all over again which by the grand scheme will eventually bring each of us back into existence but we cannot ever remember it.

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

to me if you stay in one place doing the same thing over and over almost every day, other people would be correct when they say get a life, try to mix it up a bit go out and have some fun, go to the city or go with friends doing somthing
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast