+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Given Name

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

Given Name

Do you like your given name? If not, why? And if you had the chance to change it, what would it be?

My friend and I were talking about our given names. She said she really likes my name, which is Rose Gabrielle. I replied that her name was much better, which is Christine Faye. But she said that she wished her given name was Serena Theia. So it made me think about how other people would react to their given name.

So how about yours?

PS:

Sorry if I broke any rules in making this thread.

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Given Name

Meh, I hate my given name. Shane Shelton. It's dull and doesn't fit my personality I say. Also it's a name my parents (Whom I hate severly) gave me, not a name I gave myself. If I could change it, which I probably will. It will be Aleister Sithis, or Lucian (Or Lucifer) Atrocitus, if that is allowed. If not, looks like I'm stuck with the crap name -.-'

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't legally change my name... no.
    Amber. Thats my name... and I am quite fond of it

An alias is acceptable. I DO have one of those.... Peach Jigabit (or Jiggabitt or Jiggabit)
    could never really decide on a spelling. But "jigabit" looks best on a logo. Or on a wall. I guess I should just stick with the theory of fewer letters being better.
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Aug 24, 2008 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!
    ... Not Ever Again...

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate my real name because it sounds Mexican and some people assume that I'm Mexican just because of it. Of course, there are many exceptions that actually guess my race right; that race being Filipino. The sense of mistaken identity has lead to my personal distaste towards Mexicans and other Hispanic races. It's not necessarily racism yet, but working retail at a Hess Express gas station, I have grown to distaste most people equally. The only features that they all share in common are incompetence, laziness, denseness, and stupidity. Oh, and the daily tendency of public drunkenness.

Anyway, I hate my real name so much that I am not even going to disclose in public. I just hate it and you should just take my word for it that I really hate my name. GRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHH.

I love my girlfriend.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

My full name is Phillip Benard Jaggard, and the only part of my name I would change would be my last name.

I will never concider changing my middle name, since I'm named after my grandfather who I hold in high esteem and admire. I wouldn't mind shortening my first name to Phill, but my mom would kill me.

Thats because its the name of my biological father and he wasn't the man who raised me, and he's an alcoholic as well, so the name carries a stigma.

I would much rather it be the last name of my Dad, which is Green.

Anyone man can be a father, but it takes a special person to be a Dad.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell View Post

Anyway, I hate my real name so much that I am not even going to disclose in public. I just hate it and you should just take my word for it that I really hate my name. GRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHH.

O.O holy crap, Innerhell.

Anyway, my given name is David John Teetsel. I like it. Sounds kinda important. I was originally gonna be named David Gilmore on behalf of the pink floyd guitarist, but death threats from my grandparents killed that idea (ha! unintentional pun!)

Plus my last name has given me the nickname of Teets, so i like that too.
    Why hello there!

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

Innerhell~

There's nothing wrong in being a Filipino. I'm a Filipino and I'm proud of it. But I agree with you some Filipino names like Feliciano, Santa Maria, Teresita, Luciano are... weird and sometimes... disgraceful.

Aceman~

Agree. It takes someone special to be a Dad. I totally agree.

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Me name is Katianna Juantia

And I don't mind it at all. People are always saying "That I have such a pretty name" And I love how it makes people smile when they say it. In the inside as a young girl I did wish for my name to be more common like Ashley or something like that, but it always came back to Katianna, which gave grounds for nicknames city. Which was always fun, but I did always feel more speacial when people used my real name. Sometimes peopel only said my real name when it came to important things. Which made it seem like a bad thign to be called, or heard, but I've moved on from that.

When I was younger.. "No"

But now that I am older "Very Much so"

It's a sexy name.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast