+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Glasses vs. Contacts vs. Lasik

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Glasses vs. Contacts vs. Lasik

Before I ask for opinions, let me give you a quick idea of what my situation is. For a long time I needed glasses (corrective lenses) and have been wearing it. I always hated wearing glasses because I could never find a good looking frame and on top of it I don't like the feeling of having something weighing down on my face.

For contacts, I never tried it. From what my friend told me he said you can't wear contacts for more than 12 hours a day which destroys the purpose for me. In addition it's bad for me once allergy season comes along, because I will rubbing my eyes like crazy...and I have heard stories about contacts rolling to the back of your eyes.

Finally Lasik (laser surgery). Keep hearing about how it's fast, painless, effective but at the same time I'm hearing your night vision will go down dramatically plus all that stuff about side effects later on.
    -----------------------

I doubt anyone here have done Lasik, but if anyone have any tips or whatever that would be great. I'm looking for something to stick with permanently so I don't have to scramble for glasses while driving and sit at the back of the class.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Glasses vs. Contacts vs. Lasik

I think you should do what feel best suited fou you. This is just a suggestion but maybe you can wear contacts until the allergy season and then switch to wearing your glasses until the season is over, if you don't feel fine with the sugery. its worth a try.
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Just wear glasses man, once you get used to them you don't even notice that you are wearing glasses at all.

Otaku ice viper is off to a good start ice viper's Avatar
    Thanks

I have tryed both glasses and contact lenes. Right now I can only wear glasses because of my job. I have a friend who go the lasik surgery done and he is doing just fine. He did mention that with the next day he saw improment and no he didn't have trouble with his night vision. I can tell you that if you do desiced to do the lasik you can smell your eye burning and it doesnt hurt too.

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

When I went to my doctor last year I had no idea that I would be walking out with a pair of glasses...and at first it took me some time to adjust to them.....but I do not wear then all the time...only when I can't see far......I talked with him about contacts and even he did not recommend them to me because I can see perfectly fine up close...it would be just a waste of money....
    So, if it is only you know....time to time thing....I would suggest glasses...but if you wear them all the time....then you should get contacts.....
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

There's another method as well Legend. Lens implantation.
    Basically they take out your own eye lens and replace it with a synthetic one.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    There's another method as well Legend. Lens implantation.
    Basically they take out your own eye lens and replace it with a synthetic one.

I'm quite sure you're joking, but I could be ignorant too...Where you see that man I sure want to check that out even though I probably won't do it.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post

I'm quite sure you're joking, but I could be ignorant too...Where you see that man I sure want to check that out even though I probably won't do it.
    Someone I know had that operation done last year. He says it's becoming more popular these days. It's a surgical procedure and no you won't look like Batou when you get it done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast