+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Glasses vs. Contacts vs. Lasik

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Glasses vs. Contacts vs. Lasik

I've had glasses since I was 8 and always have. I used to hate having ugly frames so when I finally got a good looking frame I kept on to it. I had the optometrist replace the lens when I needed it. Eventually I'll need some sort of surgery down the line since I was told that my eyesight is naturally diminishing which will lead to me being blind.

I've never worn contacts. People always say I look like a completely different person with out my glasses. It was weird to look at myself in the mirror without them. I'm still unsure about how I will look without them. Its the only part of me that still makes me feel like a geek.

I had an opportunity to get lasik surgery for free from the military during training but that would have meant more time in the desert. I said I was going to try it but never did. Eventually I'll have no choice but to get it.

I'm in the same boat as you almost. I can't live without having something to help me but I am unsure of which one to take. Surgery is more of a risk than anything else. Having plastic stuck to your eye doesn't sound fun. Glasses can be a pain.

I suggest trying to find a light weight frame anywhere they sell them. Buy yourself a few of them and if one breaks you have another. Your face can adjust to them very quickly. If it becomes too impossible then explore contacts. I wouldn't get surgery unless it was absolutely necessary.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

mm well for my i wear glasses and contacts.

I like them both personally. And yea your not supposed to wear your contacts for more than 12 hours but i do. XD it doesn't really bother you unless you sleep in them. Thats the problem. and they have made contacts that you can sleep in. but from what i know they are expensive.

And yea i have also heard the stories about the contacts going into the back of your head but that is only for some people and the way their eyes are shapped. Cause that has never happend to me.

And even if you wear contacts during the algery seasons rubbing your eyes wont affect the contact that much. I know cuase i have been wearing my contact for over 2 to 3 years and i have had alergies for a while. So its not that bad. But like solking said dont get the lazer thing unless you have to.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Otaku SweetCandy is off to a good start
    Thanks

I think u should choose the one that makes u more comfortable.Me ..i have glasses.but they're only for reading..but I like to wear my contacts too sometimes..just for the looks (gray) ^.^ lol

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Contact lenses are pretty comfortable... Well, according to my mother. I've been meaning to get contact lenses myself but as of yet haven't been able to cram a session anywhere into my schedule.

I don't know anyone or much about Lasik, but after reading a bit on the complications, I personally wouldn't get it. Alright, I know a majority of those who've undergone Lasik are pretty satisfied with the treatment, but risks like those scare me.

Eye lens surgery sounds pretty cool, and I wasn't aware people had artificial lens implanted for reasons aside from cataracts. The procedure sounds pretty cool, but I'm afraid of the pricetag...
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Otaku LEtters Champion, PopWord Champion, Alphabet Soup Champion, Baby Destruction Champion bellocanlver is off to a good start
    Thanks

i wear wat makes me comfortable..if its glasses, heck i dont care wat ppl think as long as i can see fine, im okay
    Temari is so Cool

Otaku AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek's Avatar
    Thanks

I would choose glasses, they are safest way all around. Contacts are great, you could still have them for the days you want to wear them,,, but Lasik,,, sorry but I would NEVER want surgrey on my eyes o.o laser or whatever they do... my eyes are precioussss. So my final answer, glasses and contacts, you dont' have to go with 1 of them. people switch between them all the time.

Otaku jazzy9513 is off to a good start
    Thanks

i have glasses but id rather have contacts but id never get Lasik i dont want surgery on my eyes or laser surgery

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

Glasses-Have some only when im lazy & dont care but they are cool though
    Contacts- I have royal blue & crystal clear ones right now i got used to them
    Lasik-My parents say ok but ..i dont know i might just stick with what i have.Im scared of that plus what if it hurts my vision(No more troubles though^^)

Right now ill just stick with contacts^^

Oh and i wore some cat ones for Halloween^^
    Yeah, Bye.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast